The Ultimate 432Hz VS 440Hz | CONSPIRACY + Comparison (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
For the musicians or music buffs here. I found this interesting video comparing musical tuning. I have heard many debates regarding how to tune music. The current standard tunes the A above middle C at 440 Hz. Traditionally a natural tuning put A at 332 Hz. many say it sounds so much better and more natural. I have been down this road before and prefer the natural tuning at 332hz. This guy explains the difference and plays a few tunes in both tuning. There's tons of video's on U tube tuned in both with some songs transposed from 440 to 432. I found those a bit discordant in that they were originally recorded in 440. However I find music written and performed in 432 just sounds better to me.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
He does a great job of efficiently explaining the history of the A tuning.

When you get to the part where he starts playing, close your eyes and see what you can feel. Then play it again and see which is which.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt and June

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
i tested with it already a bit ago, the difference is little but a distortion is a distortion, so if i listen 8 hours to pop or classical music i will surely have an other effect

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
When I produced my music I converted the final pre-master for all songs into 432 (with a special trick I learnt from an Audacity YouTube tutorial how to do it without quality loss) and it also always sounded better to me.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Hello Sinera.

• I agree
Reactions: Linda
OP
Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
When I produced my music I converted the final pre-master for all songs into 432 (with a special trick I learnt from an Audacity YouTube tutorial how to do it without quality loss) and it also always sounded better to me.
How about tuning and recording in 432? I feel a loss in sound quality sometimes in transposed music.

• Informative
Reactions: Alain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)