The Time of Covid as Portrayed in TV and Movies (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I had not given much thought about how media like television, movies, and books would look at the time of covid. I was watching a UK series, McDonald and Dowd, and heard a line about a marriage going on the rocks during the time of the covid shut-in. That was all - no one wearing masks and no other mention of the virus. It was just a tiny acknowledgement of something that happened for a short-time and was over. The series is set in Bath (UK), Season 2 premiered in March 2021, and judging from the scenery, it was filmed in late summer and early fall of 2020.

Now I was interested and looked around for other series.

Expedition Unknown appears on the Discovery Channel. The first episode of Season 9 aired July 21, 2021. This episode takes place in Illinois and Wisconsin and the trees are bare, grass is brown, no snow, and people are wearing light coats for the outside scenes. A comment was made about a lake not being covered ice, so, I'm guessing spring of 2021. No masks, no mention of Covid, and people are shaking hands, as well as standing and working in close proximity.

My Life is Murder is a mystery series staring Lucy Lawless. Originally set in Melbourne, Australia, season 2 moved to Auckland, NZ because of the pandemic. It began filming in late 2020, with the first episode appearing in August 2021. Scenes are shot in many places indoors and outdoors, with people in normal proximity to each other. No masks or mention of Covid.

Is this pandemic, which has affected everyone to their core, to be completely ignored? Will there be rules for thee and rules for me? Looks like it.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Actually I would be relieved if it was ignored in tv shows playing during this 'era'. People who watch movies and shows want and need escapism from this BS going on. And if it is over one day (will it be?) some people also don't want to be reminded of it.

What is worse for me is the pro-vax propaganda in some movies and tv shows such as 'The Tomorrow War' and some others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)