Sticking up for yourself and being ok with becoming the bad guy to stay in integrity - a video discussion (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
so, Linda expressed the wish to discuss this awesome video i came across today in further detail, so here it is:

lets talk about it then :)
i couldnt think of a better category to put this thread in so, if it belongs somewhere else, just move it.

Asta

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 28, 2018
Florida, USA
I really love these topics.

Certainly knowing the darker sides of yourself is what allows you to control it, I agree. Knowing it in yourself helps you see and navigate it in the world around you, in other people. Knowing it is not the same as standing up to it, though.

The more insight the gained here, the better, I would think too. Is there a point where there is too much darkness seen? What would that do to someone, without careful objectivity, or healing?

Trauma can certainly bring out the monster inside people, but also incredible compassion. There is a lot to think about here, but those are some starter thoughts.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Well, nothing is a coincidence, and I've been wondering if I should put this on the forum, because on the surface it seems to reflect on me badly. But you've given me the perfect opportunity to explain something, and to show how the higher self works, and how spirituality can be healing, if you're only tuned into it. The trouble with everything in the duality world is things can be seen from one perspective or another, usually the total opposite. And if you read what I will tell you, you might think "neuroticism". I could be neurotic. Or you could think - high spirituality, higher mind running the dream to lend a hand to help the avatar with the task of learning. I prefer the second, naturally.

Only 3 nights ago, I had a dream. A nightmare. Woke up in total flabbergast, but I got the gist of it immediately. The situation in the dream was: I went with two friends (a woman and a man) to some kind of night club (in the night, it was dark) and when we got there, I realized that in the inner sanctum past two outside lobbies, was a wet room. And this is where all the party people were, up on stands, and all excited, dancing, frenzied and energized by what was going on in front of them. After coming through the entrance to that inner sanctum, I didn't go down the hallway to where I could see the action was. My two friends did, teasing me for being a wus, or whatever. In my dreams, I also employ other senses, not just sight, and there was the foul smell of blood and butchery - a visceral smell when I entered that room. I thought "No, I will just sit it out." So I went out to the first lobby, and thought, "No, this is too near what is going on. I will go to the outer lobby."

And in the outer lobby there was no-one there, but there were 3 padded chairs, nice and comfortable. A voice in my inner mind said "No, don't sit there." But I didn't pay it any heed. After all, I had to wait for my two friends. I didn't want to leave without them. Then, as I was sitting there, thinking it was a pity my friends had chosen to come to such a place, a new man and a woman came and sat on either side of me, and we got chatting. Everything was cosy, they were quite nice, actually. We were getting on pretty well. But then the man went out. When I was left sitting with the woman, I suddenly awoke out of the dream. And I knew that I had set myself up as a victim, once more. Only when I was awake from the dream, did I realize that by not leaving immediately I had recognized the nature of the place, I had let myself be soothed into a position of normality - waiting on an armchair for friends to come out.

When I was up, awake, sitting on the edge of my bed, with my eyes starting out of my head, did I realize that the man had gone out to set the trap - there was no way I was going to be allowed to leave that place alive. I had too easily given my trust, and too naively taken cosiness and comfort for granted.

The only real difference in what happened in the dream, in the sense of allowing myself to become a victim to someone else's tyrant, and what happened to me in this waking life, is that I realized my mistake and my victim-hood BEFORE it happened. I had NOT read the signs and synchronicities that were all around me, being that only warped, "bad" people went in there in the first place. That my friends were not my friends. That nobody was taking action against it because they condoned that activity. That I had no protection and no strategy for just such a situation.

You ask, had I really astral-travelled to a real wet room? No, I don't think so. I think my higher mind had to throw the most horrific image at me to get me to raise my consciousness out of its subconscious sleep that always allows me to become a victim, lifetime after lifetime.

Only because of my spiritual practice and psychic abilities was I able to see the work of my own spirit trying to evolve me. In a seemingly horrible way.

So I don't agree with the video clip's precept that you must become an actual monster, and then tame it. But you must know that your subconscious hides many monstrous things, from many suppressed challenges and activities from parallel or past lifetimes. Perhaps I have seen a wet room at some point. I hope not. The smell is pervasive, and disgusting. And that was without literally seeing what was taking place. Know also that your higher self is not above throwing the most disgusting images at you in dream state so that you can grip onto a little bit of it, and pull it up out of the subconscious for inspection, introspection and for understanding to evolve.

Last edited:
  • Insightful Post
  • Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila and Asta

Asta

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 28, 2018
Florida, USA
So I don't agree with the video clip's precept that you must become an actual monster, and then tame it. But you must know that your subconscious hides many monstrous things, from many suppressed challenges and activities from parallel or past lifetimes.
That is a good point, and a good way of putting it. Becoming a monster and coming out of that is one way to understand yourself, but not the only.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I realized my mistake and my victim-hood BEFORE it happened. I had NOT read the signs and synchronicities that were all around me, being that only warped, "bad" people went in there in the first place. That my friends were not my friends. That nobody was taking action against it because they condoned that activity. That I had no protection and no strategy for just such a situation.
Good lesson for us all. If you are not aware, then it is easy to find yourself on that slippery slope.

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
I think monster is a wrong choice of words for this video.

I think powerfull, strong, fearsome, mighty,... are better words.
I had partly the same issue as I saw a lot of abuse by people in power which triggered a link between power and abuse which is not OK as it hinders yourself to get into your own power.
having power and being fearsome makes that you have the choice of doing thing the right way and not having people stepped over you as stated in the video.

and for the comparison with Bilbo (the hobbit). he indeed learned some new "aggressive and darker" things but he also spared gollum even if he had the power to kill him.

Marvel comics comes to mind: " with great power comes great responsibility" but it also give you the opportunity to do great stuff ;)

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I take the video in a different way, probably because of some of the men I know. I don't see it as meaning to become a monster in the most horrible ways such as abuse, etc. (and he does make that point). Rather, I see it as embracing your physical strength, as well as mental, emotional, and spiritual. The image of an excellent swords person, who keeps the sword sheathed is a powerful one. You become good at whatever physical endeavor through practice. I'm thinking of several people I know who practice martial arts, not for combat, but rather for the joy of the physical movement and conditioning.

The images through social media are confusing - "being kind also entails physical weakness". I disagree because that image suggests an imbalance, and perhaps even a denial of who a person is. Some people are strong and maintain that strength through exercise or work. Among the men I know in this category, it has no effect on their kindness or intelligence.

I've observed in myself and other women that physical fitness and strength helps not only with overall health, but knowing where your body is, as well as the ability to move your body easily - in other words, confidence that you can manage many physical things. I saw this a lot with girls and teens who rode horseback. You have to be very strong, know what is going on around you, and keep the safety of your horse in the forefront of your awareness.

I take the video to mean be who you are with confidence and joy.

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
The images through social media are confusing - "being kind also entails physical weakness".
this is indeed a big issue.
at this point you are a perpetrator the moment you do something agressive even though a situation really needs something agressive to avoid worse or to set things straight.

For example if you have an unarmed burglar in your house and you punch him, he can sue you for attacking him.
this is an upside down world.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
We all project a dappled picture, which is our light and dark quotient. I do see the video as feeling into that part of you that is dark. The taming of it isn't really taming, but knowing it. Every action we consciously choose, plan and enact is better born of knowledge than unknown subconscious suppressed feelings (suppression means, not dealt with in a positive, and thus eradicating way).

On Linda's point, I woke up this morning with the knowledge, again, that movement is life. Stagnation always leads to pain, despair, suffering. I know this, because I suffer from various sore spots in the musculo-skeletal - and my tendency is to sit around reading, knitting etc. At the end of the day, nothing stagnant can produce life. Movement and change are the elixir with which we stir our souls, when we create the cocktail of thought that is us.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Linda

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This shortish video from Elizabeth April goes into perception, vibration, and how to bring yourself to neutrality within the dualistic nature of things. She always has a very "Up" frequency, but she explains the negative very well also, and the striving to reach the balance point. Which is the same as "taming is knowing yourself".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)