Something psychic and lovely happened for me today. (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I had just finished gardening for the day and was walking towards the station house to sign off when I saw a figure in black clothes with a black beret standing by the outer door.

I got a slight shock of recognition. "I know that soul" I said to myself as I crossed the car park towards him. He seemed to be waiting for something and also looking for something in his bag, so I decided if I was right and he had a soul connection with me he would talk to me.

When I came out of the station after signing off, he asked me if the bus to Carlisle stopped there. So I explained that he would have to make his way to the other side of town for that.

To cut a long story short, the bus driver gave him wrong information and he had no idea where he was. I guessed he was in his late 70's so I offered to take him home, find out the next bus time and walk him to the bus stop.

He agreed, and we sorted things out and set off for a lovely walk along the river to the bus station. We had plenty of time so we chatted idly. He was a Roman Catholic priest who had lived all over the world and had spent the last 20 years in a hermitage in Northern England. He was truly a most delightful soul. We had a love of nature, birdwatching and spirituality in common.

I did not mention knowing him, though I did say I knew he was in need of assistance. I did not say he was an old soul friend of mine but I smiled inwardly as he mused over why the bus driver would drop him out of his way.

We stood by the weir and watched the heron fishing (which means it stands and does nothing at all) He said the sound of rushing water was one of his most favourite sounds in the world. So we stood in that wet music together and I cherished it.

Then suddenly the bus came and he shook my hand and thanked me for my kindness. And he was gone.

I have had a heavy heart for several days now, but this old friend turned up out of the blue and lifted me. Thanks Higher Self!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
That is the most heartwarming story I've heard in a while.
Thanks for sharing it - I felt as though I was standing with you all watching the heron. <3s

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Reactions: Stargazer

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Are you collecting any of these stories yet, Pod?
They'd make a fine collection of short stories, poems, etc, don't you think?
Perfect for reading while listening to a stream burble along and lifting your head just as a bird took off a nearby tree...

Reactions: Pod and Stargazer
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
No I do not collect them, I suppose I have a folder in my mind marked "stories and happenings" butI think once I have written it, I let it go. Thanks for your appreciation Lila.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
That's such a beautiful story, thank you for sharing it!

Here are a few feathers of a heron for you <3

View attachment 1209
Oh Lilia, how utterly kind of you. Thank you so much. I will write more of my stories, it is the only thing I really enjoy writing about, the magical things and people that come into my life, even if only for a moment.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I know it's hard to think of oneself in such a way, but if you write stories and leave them to posterity, you are leaving a little fragrance of you that can be picked up and recognised at some future time. Pod, the way you write is both delicate and robust at the same time (robust because of humour). That would be a great thing to find at some future time, to add a little sauce to the pot of experience.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I know it's hard to think of oneself in such a way, but if you write stories and leave them to posterity, you are leaving a little fragrance of you that can be picked up and recognised at some future time. Pod, the way you write is both delicate and robust at the same time (robust because of humour). That would be a great thing to find at some future time, to add a little sauce to the pot of experience.
Yes, I agree, HM! That was actually my main reason for starting a blog...I really missed having the opportunity to learn about my own ancestors, through their own writings. Blogging is one possible way (providing the technology survives) for my descendants to one day learn about their past relative (in my case, me) and his/her times.

:)

Reactions: Lila
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Thank you Melt (Chocolate Melt would be a better name for you)

I like to share the magic of life when it hits me.

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)