Mindfulness And Meditation Will Now Be Part Of The Curriculum In 370 Schools In England (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
I came across this article this morning :-

Most of the time, when children act out by kicking and screaming expletives, it is because they do not understand what they are going through, and cannot find a better way to release their feelings. When a child acts out, know that it is most likely because they are struggling to understand complex emotions that they are feeling for the first time in their lives.
Schools in England have started to tackle this problem in a new way, and that is by teaching mindfulness and meditation in the classroom to improve the youth’s overall mental health. In 370 schools across the country, children will be taught how to meditate, techniques for muscle relaxation and breathing exercises for mindfulness. The secondary school students will also get a more hands-on education to learn about awareness and how to increase this in their everyday lives. This program is being done under the mental health study that the British government is running up until 2021.

Then I found this one :-

It looks as though something is happening, but will it be enough to counter the brainwashing that children receive while passing through the education system.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I think the de-coupling of the entrained brain (holding your smartphone) and the implementation of short bursts of exploratory meditation are needed to run in tandem for this idea to work. Otherwise, the person/child just sits there musing on what they last absorbed from their hand-held mind entrainment device, rather than allowing the still, quiet voice to have its airplay on the mind's inner viewing screen.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Wow, this is wonderful news.
It should be fascinating to see how it plays out in the classroom; as Hailstones Melt mentions there are bound to be wrinkles in this divine tapestry.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I came across this article this morning :-

Then I found this one :-

It looks as though something is happening, but will it be enough to counter the brainwashing that children receive while passing through the education system.
My granddaughter shared one of these on Facebook, she is a deputy head teacher and intends to implement it in her school and hopefully other schools that she has the job of bring up to a certain level.
I understand she has always taught the children about personal responsibility, kindness, and how to have fun, and the kids respond well.

So yes, it looks as though something could be happening, because I bet she isn’t the only one, there will be others with the same thoughts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)