Ever Hear of Gorilla Hail? Here It Is! (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Texas has lots of wild weather, as we well know after snowmageddon. The latest round of weather wallops came with Gorilla hail. Fortunately for me, it was north, south, and west of us. From the looks of it, I'm not sorry it missed us. We've gone through hailstorms before, and put rugs over car windshields. The cars and roofs may get some dings; however, I've never experienced hail so big that it came all the way through the roof and into the house.

The following article has many pictures, and they are astounding.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 1.26.46 PM.png

• Jaw Dropping Post
Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thank you for posting. Gives us an idea of what we gratefully have never had to see!

Check #30 - Stas from Stasischasing. Tornados and this kind of hail grief gives this guy drama and fun!

When I chose the name Hailstones Melt, it was originally Hailstones Melt in Warmer Climes (a bit of a mouthful for an avatar - hence the reduction). But in warmer climes where I live, your average hailstone is not going to last long! It also shows the transformative power of water. Hail at one minute is steam in another.

This is an image I have used as my avatar pic: Hailstones in Fruit Nets.

Hailstones in Fruit Nets.jpg

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lila
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)