Calling all tree lovers: online tree 'event' on Dec 26 (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
All those love trees and are amazed at what they can do and/or are curious about what we don't yet know about them are, I believe, in for a treat with this event that a friend has let me know about. It is called 'Judi Dench: My Passion for Trees' and the trailer gives me shivers down my spine and a warm smile on my face when I watch the interactions.

It seems to have a focus on how trees communicate and live; a much deeper look than our everyday, typical interactions and something that I believe is likely to change the way we look at wood, a leaf waving in the wind or a branch holding itself gracefully out from its trunk. A beautiful old, twisted tree 1500 years old is shown, a forest full of messages and Ms Dench's warm smile when she talks about her passion.

The site states that the webinar will be available Dec 26. The link is here: https://www.knowledge.ca/program/judi-dench-my-passion-trees
Please share.

If you are interested in exploring this area further a book I can recommend is ''The Hidden Life of Trees, What they Feel, How the Communicate - Discoveries from a Secret World' by Peter Wohlleben: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28256439-the-hidden-life-of-trees
The author's last name 'wohlleben', I believe, means 'living well' which seems so fitting. Sinera, could you please correct me if this is not an accurate translation of his surname?)

Enjoy:-D

Reactions: Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I love trees and have some interesting experiences. They have such an amazing way of communicating with each other, and sometimes us, too. I've got this one bookmarked.
Thanks

Reactions: Lila

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
It is a lovely programme. Watched it here on BBC when it came out. She is such an amazing soul!

Reactions: Lila and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)