Bye Bye Miss American Pie - Don McLean Song (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
It was 1971, and I was a college freshman when this song came out. It was different from the grittier rock-n-roll songs of the era - maybe a poignant remembering or a fond farewell to hopes and dreams of a generation. I did not get those meanings at the time, but I do now.

We grew up riding bikes, climbing trees, going to football games, and performing in the drill-team squad. The music was great and not so fettered as now. We also lived with school drills in case of nuclear attack, Cuban Missile Crises, assassinations, riots (in other cities), and protests against the Viet Nam war. When the war ended, nothing changed, and we went on to jobs and raising families. Even in my mainstream life, I still retained my rebel status. I managed Ok because I was smart and people needed me, plus I could always make people laugh.

Last night I watched a program about how this song was made, and even 50 years later, it continues to be a world-wide favorite. As clips of the song played, I found myself enveloped in a melancholy over events of the past few years. It was as if we are saying goodbye again - this time to decent education, healing medicine versus pills and surgery, honest leaders, free and fair elections - well, the list goes on. Tulsi Gabbard summed it up well in this comment in an interview with Jessie Watters last night. Gabbard on Fox News

I think we are seeing some of the outrage coming from people across the country, regardless of their political persuasion and I hope that those who aren't paying attention do take notice because if you think this is just about Trump, you're wrong. This is about every single one of us as Americans, and this precedent that's being set of an abuse of power that's not even being hidden anymore. I think it maybe was happening behind the curtains or maybe denying it was happening. It is out in the open in broad daylight, blatant abuse of power, targeting political opponents, targeting those who dare to dissent, and attacking our most fundamental constitutional rights and freedom.
So, don't think this is about somebody else. Don't think this is about just people of one, you know, political persuasion. This is about every one of us as Americans and protecting our rights and freedoms.

While I've seen this coming for awhile, I think the melancholy was more than just my own feelings, but perhaps that of a larger group of people. So much info clearly identifying the insanity of our federal government and hidden supporters has been floating around, but yesterday's raid on Trump's home was in everyone's face. The events of the past two years feel as though they are coming to a bottleneck, and it is too much to ignore. In a way, it is like the day the music died - something we counted on now is gone.

What now? For the people who continue discovering info and sharing it, I give you my greatest thanks and admiration - truly a job being well done. For others, I share that irrepressible sense of hope and knowing true north. Listen to the song and think that while we may be saying goodbye to old beliefs and ideas, we also are able to say hello to new ones.

For myself, I'm still smart and can make you laugh. Right now my trusty companion says it is time for some of the important things in life like a treat and big stretches.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Moonseal

Moonseal

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
Northern California
Great song. I just queued up the long version and remember skating on the pond behind our house, going to football games, riding my bike to go get 10 cent candy at the store quite a way down the road.

I've seen this game board move closer and closer since I woke up during the harmonic convergence. Like you, Linda, I have had prophetic dreams that lay out what will happen as we roll along. Way back in 1991, I saw the cities I would live in and for how long. The last one was San Francisco, the closest large city to where I am now. The scene showed me that I was one of very few survivors and there was white dust everywhere. All these years, I have tried to figure out what the white dust was. I was only shown that I'd be here through 2012, but no information after that. I am assuming that the timeline/choices are still fluid.

But I digress. I had a dream recently that alluded to an invasion by CCP. It wasn't an obvious invasion, so I consider that we might be watching it in real time through the compromise of our republic right now. Pawns of the deep state, either possessed by astral beings in service to self or maybe not even the original soul, but clones.

It is my opinion, aside from dreams, that what we are watching is a last ditch attempt by the deep state to accelerate their jagged agenda. They must know that they would never win the November election. So we will likely see some crazy stuff in the next two months in an attempt to stop that election from happening. I just pray that Trump, being the sly and cunning figure that he is, is five steps ahead.

• I agree
Reactions: June and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)