‘Little Free Pantries’ Ensure No One Goes Hungry By Inspiring Neighbors To Pay It Forward (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
If you loved that idea, you’re sure to adore what residents in Arkansas are responsible for starting. ‘Little Free Pantries’ are like a spin-off of ‘Little Free Libraries’, but instead of books, they offer non-perishable food items to anyone who might need a snack or some food to get through the day.Shareable relays that anyone who feels inspired can leave household goods, including toothpaste, garbage bags, deodorant and toilet paper, or food items that aren’t likely to go bad anytime soon.

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2016/08/little-free-pantries-ensure-no-one-goes-hungry-by-inspiring-neighbors-to-pay-it-forward.html

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
This is a fantastic idea. I love that it's being started in Arkansas. There are so many poor, hungry people here that it breaks my heart.

Reactions: Stargazer

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
If you loved that idea, you’re sure to adore what residents in Arkansas are responsible for starting. ‘Little Free Pantries’ are like a spin-off of ‘Little Free Libraries’, but instead of books, they offer non-perishable food items to anyone who might need a snack or some food to get through the day.Shareable relays that anyone who feels inspired can leave household goods, including toothpaste, garbage bags, deodorant and toilet paper, or food items that aren’t likely to go bad anytime soon.

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2016/08/little-free-pantries-ensure-no-one-goes-hungry-by-inspiring-neighbors-to-pay-it-forward.html
Amazing! I've always wanted to help see to the needs of the poor. Except, to do so in this world one always seems to need money and right now that's not something I have in abundance. I wish that every town and neighborhood would give back to their community no matter who it is that is in need. As all of us are equals, souls in human form. So, to not cast a blind eye to another saying that they are a stranger even though in reality they are a part of our family. If only people would learn to adopt the belief of treating others how they wish to be treated. <3

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Great idea. I've seen similar ideas in other countries where restaurants leave their left-over food.

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
in a little town nearby they put up a little bookshelf so people can share there books there... I love that idea too :)

food and other stuff is more important though... didnt see anything for sharing like that here in our town yet :(
I'd love to see something like that being put up...

I also love the idea of the city using empty green spaces to grow vegetables and fruit for everybody... I spoke to a young polititian of a small party here already about it and he said they where planning to maybe put up fruit trees. However that was like 2 years ago and nothing happened so far...
I also wrote an email to our mayor here about using green places like that... never got any response... thats kinda sad :(

I know there are several places here in Germany who do that... there's this video here where they show it, its in german though but I think you get the idea just from watching...

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
If you loved that idea, you’re sure to adore what residents in Arkansas are responsible for starting. ‘Little Free Pantries’ are like a spin-off of ‘Little Free Libraries’, but instead of books, they offer non-perishable food items to anyone who might need a snack or some food to get through the day.
This is great, thanks for sharing Pod! <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)