Which Tarot deck is good for beginners? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Tarot originated from the mid-15th century and is said to have started within card games which were played in courtly circles of Northern Italy, later on used in countries throughout Europe. I think it's important to begin with the traditional cards, so that the energy and essence is not just understood and held at least once, but this also helps one to build a solid foundation.

The images on the cards within many decks, usually have ties into the Hermetic Qabalah — influenced by the Rider-Waite-Smith deck. The art of Rider-Waite, first published in 1909, is by Pamela Colman Smith, based on instructions by poet, and mystic, Arthur Edward Waite (1857–1942). Because of the influence of the Qabalah and Waite, esoteric symbolism is used within many decks in existence today.

I reccomend two decks. Firstly the Rider-Waite-Smith deck; it can seem a little simple, or basic, but like I say, it's important to establish a solid footing if you want to seriously get into using tarot long term. The second is the Mythic Tarot deck. It's close enough to the Rider-Waite-Smith deck, yet holds it's own with it's unique artwork and design.

Here is my Mythic Tarot Deck:

mythic.jpg

Currently I am using the Wild Wood Tarot:

wwtarot.jpg

Before that I was using Animal Divine. (Mythic was my first deck)

animal.jpg

Over on our Psychic Phenomena, Intuition, Mediumship & Tools board, we have the thread, What tarot cards do you use?, which has a variety of decks people have shared. Feel free to share your deck on there if you get around to getting one!

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila
OP
S

salabim

Involved Wayfarer
Oct 3, 2016
Thank you for your answer. I ordered the Rider-Waite-Smith deck and a big book about it and are looking forward to dive in to the ocean of tarot..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)