Is your Birth Experience still affecting you Today? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Golmona

Retired Moderator
Aug 2, 2016
Amsterdam
"Just as a seed contains the blueprint for the life of a plant, the creation story of a human has a profound influence on their life. According to the father of Transpersonal Psychology, Stanislav Grof you are probably more effected by your birth experience than you realize. Grof’s perspective is supported by leading research in the field of pre and perinatal psychology. There is a biological matrix of emotional imprints and patterns that can often be traced back to your very emergence into this world. Grof refers to these as Basic Perinatal Matrices (BPM), and understanding them can reveal a whole lot about you as well as providing a great framework for releasing old patterns, healing, and personal growth."

Read more: http://upliftconnect.com/birth-experience/

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Doesn't apply to me. I never made it beyond phase 1 or 2.
o_O

I'm Caesarian (C-section) birth.
So what to do with that now?

I did not want to come into this world... it seems.
I've always asked this myself if this is the reason.
:(

I remained a problem child because I soon also developed or already had cradly cap / milk crust / child ekzema.
Seems I struggled hard to 'arrive' here. Strange, huh?
O_o

Thank goodness later it got better. I am not (anymore) atopic these days, but maybe also due to mainly healthy living and eating, almost no allergies or greater illnesses. (I'm also 'reconnected' of course ;)).

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
This concept makes a great deal of sense to me! I've had quite a few issues to work on with regard to my parents--and in particular my mother. Fortunately or unfortunately, I inherited a great many reactions and views of life from her--and it has taken me an entire lifetime to discover and begin transmuting them. I was unwanted and my very existence was denied to half of my family for many years, so all of this left me feeling vulnerable, victimized, and unworthy.

I'm grateful that I've been able to work through my issues in a positive way--but I only wish that she was more able to the same. She seems more set in her ways, however--and continues to see herself more as the victim of her life rather than the director of it. :( But then, who am I to judge?

At the end of the day, I'm grateful for my experiences and I'm very happy about the person I've become. It is definitely helpful to learn of these "shadows" in our past, for only then can we shine a light on them, fully understand them, and find peace with them!

Thank you so much for sharing this info, Golmona! <3 <3 <3

Archetypal Dreamer

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 27, 2016
Like Sinera, I was a C-Section baby. Apparently I was too big / my mum was too small. They had zero option, as we would have both died during the birthing process.

I'm interested in learning more about the alleged DMT release (within the child's brain) during the birthing process. I wonder if this still occurs with those of us who arrived via C-Sections, and what the potential implications of that not happening could be. Hmm.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Having a twin brother who left the nest first.... well, just settling in, when !!!!!!

OP
G

Golmona

Retired Moderator
Aug 2, 2016
Amsterdam
My apologies for not responding sooner. I have a 7-month old son and suffice it to say he is keeping me very busy! <3 This is going to be a long reply so please bear with me :)

Sinera Archetypal Dreamer Whilst reading the article the question of complications and medical interventions during birth crossed my mind as well. Complications, such as strenuous and prolonged labor, use of forceps, anaesthesia, induced labor, premature delivery and caesarean section, are very common nowadays. Every 1 of 3 births in the US are through C-section, which is way above the 'medically necessary' line of 10%. I read extensively about this when I was pregnant with my son last year. Ina May's guide to childbirth is a great book if you like to read up about the process of birth and the spiritual journey involved for the parents, especially the mother.

On one hand I think yes, souls find it indeed difficult to come into this dense 3D world and this could be one of the reasons the number of C-sections is higher than before. This could also manifest in different ways. For example, when I was 38 weeks into my pregnancy my son moved from an ideal birth position to a side way position, which is the least ideal and leads to C-section by default. I remember crying so much that day because I really didn't want a C-section and a few hours after that he moved head down again without any external intervention.

I believe that babies are very much in tune with their mother's feelings and state of mind during pregnancy (and even afterwards) and perhaps it's our fears and doubts that they react to?

Which brings me to my next point.. Since giving birth is such a huge process for mothers and involves a great deal of surrendering to the moment and letting go of fears, perhaps it's also the resistance from the mothers' side in this process that contributes to complications?
Of course there are legitimate medical reasons at times for intervention but that number is significantly lower than what we see nowadays. There is such a fear around giving birth that if not dealt with with a great measure of awareness, it's highly likely that we will give in to outside intervention, which always has a ripple effect and leads to complications. For example, induced labor has disadvantages to both mother and child as the complex interplay of hormones during labor get altered, which in turn causes other problems, necessitating more obstetrical interventions.

Sinera induction of labor has been linked to breathing problems and jaundice in newborn babies so it is indeed possible that the health related issues you dealt with as a baby were related to the C-section. I also wonder if there is a link between complications during birth and post partum depression for mothers.

Archetypal Dreamer that's an interesting question about the release of DMT. I know that complications during labor affect the release of a cocktail of hormones in the mother's body and therefore the baby's. Could this also be the case with DMT which naturally peaks at birth? possibly.

Stargazer I think you beautifully describe what the article explains as the individual journey we undertake to heal ourselves which leads to healing intergenerational ancestral patterns. I particularly love this line: "The beautiful thing about approaching healing from this perspective is that our own personal healing also brings resolution to our greater network of relations moving forward and backward in time." :D

anony.

Involved Wayfarer
Jan 15, 2017
Scotland
Very interesting. I remember formulating a theory years ago about the correlation between birth and the person. I remember seeing the connection between my birth and my brothers and how we were as people. I was born via a natural short labour and was born strong and thrived immediately. My brother was born small and after a long labour and rushed to nicu on delivery he failed to thrive Growing up I was always the more robust one even tho I'm the youngest i was always the more stable one I used to stick up for him in the playground and as adults the same trends show we grew up with the same experiences but he suffers much more because of certain things that happened to us he battles with addiction and the law etc I think we enter the world how we mean to go on. Now many factors could explain this. Such as general presence of the individual apparent from birth, life plan for the individual. Maybe the way we enter the world reflects what is to come. It's kind of a question of what came first the chicken or the egg. Same can be applied to my own daughters. My eldest was born 3 months early and spent a long time in scbu she hit the ground running basically and she has never stopped to this day and she is now almost 6 she fought from the very start and is still so driven to succeed she had to be or she wouldn't have made it. My youngest was induced she just didn't want to move they were both very traumatic births but after a 3 day labour and forceps she made her way into the world. She slept for 2 days. She is the most laid back of the two not really driven atall quite content to just let things be. So I'm not sure if it's the actual birth experience that causes this or if it's just how the person is reflected from the very start. It's an interesting one.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
My daughter (now going on 17 years old) was transverse, and didn't really move around a lot. She stayed in much the same position as her foetus grew, and this caused me to have a flattened out pelvic floor with absolutely no muscle tone left. Such as it was trampled by a baby hippopotamus. Apparently this pelvic floor condition happens to many women after 3 or 4 children. In my case, it took only one! The way I view it, she was on a banana lounge, and she wasn't going to move off it! I was a couple of weeks off 40 when I delivered her, and it was an emergency caesarean operation in hospital. I had not planned for it to be like that at all, but it saved both our lives.

I was in hospital being monitored when the emergency came on. Her heartbeat count went down to half of what it should have been. In other words, she was struggling and life could have flickered out. Luckily a competent nurse noticed the monitor read out and I was in theatre having the baby within 20 minutes. I got my baby without going through any contraction or dilation!

There was no time for the father to come down to the hospital - they asked me to hold the hand of a male theatre technician. My daughter was born healthy with no obvious long lasting effects.

However, in life, she has continued on this path of not really wanting to get off her butt and move on with things. Dropping out of both high school and a bridging course to tertiary are part of this. I almost feel as what I envision will be a busy life for her has not really kicked off yet, but it will. So I am exercising patience, holding back concern, and just giving her the space and the resources she needs while she figures it out.

Reactions: Stargazer

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
My birth was a long time ago. If it's still effecting me after all these years it's time to get over it.

Reactions: Stargazer and June

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
My birth was also a long time ago and I have never felt I had anything to get over. We are born, we walk our path, deal with obstacles on the way and there are enough of them to deal with to my mind, without complicating life any further analysing birh problems. But that's just me, no offence anyone:-))O.o:D

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)