Why Am I Here?. (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Gunther

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Sep 27, 2016
South Africa
Why Am I here?

Having spent a very large portion of my life researching the reason for this question “Why am I here”, I already know the answer to this.

We all have our own beliefs, and that is fine, and is the way it should be.

My belief is that we come here to learn certain lessons, that we planned our upcoming life circumstances beforehand, to put us in situations that will teach us the lessons we wanted to learn, things we wanted to experience, and learn from. That this life here on Earth is a school, no it’s a university, no it’s higher than that, doctorate level learning, no, higher than that, it’s for extremely highly evolved spiritual beings wanting to experience the very lowest base of physical being possible anywhere.

If one takes a good look around at what is happening planet wide, one can see that we are at the absolute lowest, most perverse state imaginable. Not individually, but as a collective. There is good, but overwhelmingly on the negative side.

Yeah, so if I could walk off this planet right now, I would, but I can’t because I signed up for this. WTF was I thinking to decide to come here?

Does anyone else feel like they want to leave now, but know they can’t because there’s unfinished things to do?

Avery

Just Arrived
Feb 6, 2023
Hi Gunther,

I have often struggled with the feeling of wanting to leave this planet as well, due to mental health reasons. I don't want to trigger anybody here if they deal with them as well, so I won't mention them by name, but you can probably surmise.

I also have moments where I say to myself, "WTF was I thinking deciding to come to Earth", or something along these lines.

When I am feeling this way I often simply have no energy but to stare at the walls and ponder philosophical questions like, "What is the point of existence itself? To exist for the sake of existing?" "To find value in this existence?" and "How can I do that when all I feel is miserable and empty, and no love and wonder and curiosity for the universe like I used to?"

I struggle with insecurity about myself, my appearance and personality and I do not fit in very well at all with the rest of the young people, or the majority of them at least, that I can see. I often think that if I could just have one person to share this experience with who was open to spirituality, or awakened as it is often called, I guess, then maybe I would be happy.

So yes, I do often feel like I just want to leave this planet and go back to an afterlife where the world is not cruel and harsh. But I think the only reason I hold on is because of the hope of finding a soulmate to experience this with and to have someone to talk to for once about spirituality, instead of keeping it secret from everybody I know.

Avery

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Within my physical sphere - my dog who loves me and does not judge, one person with whom I can speak freely - one person with whom I can speak about many things - one person with whom I can speak about some things. That's it. I do have family, casual friends, and neighbors.

Within the internet world, I have many, many friends - most of us have not met in person - but I know we would get along very well.

All of us have been outsiders our whole lives, not quite fitting in, many with multiple relationships/marriages, multiple careers. Everyone loves the outdoors and wildlife in one way or another.

Want to "go home"? You betcha! Figure I'm supposed to be around a bit longer? Ditto

Make your own posts and replies, and people usually respond. Keep in mind that we are all over the world, so responses may take some time.

You might try Laron's telegram group that includes some people from here, FB, and other places. It is a safe and welcoming place. I'm there from time to time.

https://t.me/lightoasis

We are here - yippie

1675992083851.png

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Over time, I've concluded that wondering "Why am I here" is part of being human. Some of us seem to spend more time wondering such things than others (some very little at all, to all appearances, though even there I've certainly had some real surprises).

What seems to differ a lot is how aware and how communicative people are about wondering this. In my experience, suffering of any kind is very likely to bring about these kinds of thoughts and can really help out in tough moments.

What i really love is to share our experiences <3

OP
Gunther

Gunther

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Sep 27, 2016
South Africa
Hi Gunther,

I have often struggled with the feeling of wanting to leave this planet as well, due to mental health reasons. I don't want to trigger anybody here if they deal with them as well, so I won't mention them by name, but you can probably surmise.

I also have moments where I say to myself, "WTF was I thinking deciding to come to Earth", or something along these lines.

When I am feeling this way I often simply have no energy but to stare at the walls and ponder philosophical questions like, "What is the point of existence itself? To exist for the sake of existing?" "To find value in this existence?" and "How can I do that when all I feel is miserable and empty, and no love and wonder and curiosity for the universe like I used to?"

I struggle with insecurity about myself, my appearance and personality and I do not fit in very well at all with the rest of the young people, or the majority of them at least, that I can see. I often think that if I could just have one person to share this experience with who was open to spirituality, or awakened as it is often called, I guess, then maybe I would be happy.

So yes, I do often feel like I just want to leave this planet and go back to an afterlife where the world is not cruel and harsh. But I think the only reason I hold on is because of the hope of finding a soulmate to experience this with and to have someone to talk to for once about spirituality, instead of keeping it secret from everybody I know.

Avery
Hi Avery, I can fully relate to what you are feeling, having been there myself, it's not easy, but it is part of what we wanted to experience. I would however never actually contemplate and carry through on leaving before my contracted time is up, that would not be cool at all, venting is sometimes quite therapeutic though.
One wonders when one will have completed all the tasks that we came here to do/experience, and the answer is of course "if I'm still alive, the tasks have not been completed yet".

• Wise Post
Reactions: Snowmelt and Avery

Avery

Just Arrived
Feb 6, 2023
Hi Avery, I can fully relate to what you are feeling, having been there myself, it's not easy, but it is part of what we wanted to experience. I would however never actually contemplate and carry through on leaving before my contracted time is up, that would not be cool at all, venting is sometimes quite therapeutic though.
One wonders when one will have completed all the tasks that we came here to do/experience, and the answer is of course "if I'm still alive, the tasks have not been completed yet".
I completely agree. Your attitude and words are uplifting--- I recently had just come out of a period of depression where I reached such a point where I considered leaving before my contracted time is up quite seriously... so to hear you speak with complete certainty that you would not do that is, well, it is inspiring and elevating and makes me feel the same way too. So thank you.

Reactions: Gunther
OP
Gunther

Gunther

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Sep 27, 2016
South Africa
I completely agree. Your attitude and words are uplifting--- I recently had just come out of a period of depression where I reached such a point where I considered leaving before my contracted time is up quite seriously... so to hear you speak with complete certainty that you would not do that is, well, it is inspiring and elevating and makes me feel the same way too. So thank you.
You're very welcome Avery.

OP
Gunther

Gunther

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Sep 27, 2016
South Africa
Within my physical sphere - my dog who loves me and does not judge, one person with whom I can speak freely - one person with whom I can speak about many things - one person with whom I can speak about some things. That's it. I do have family, casual friends, and neighbors.

Within the internet world, I have many, many friends - most of us have not met in person - but I know we would get along very well.

All of us have been outsiders our whole lives, not quite fitting in, many with multiple relationships/marriages, multiple careers. Everyone loves the outdoors and wildlife in one way or another.

Want to "go home"? You betcha! Figure I'm supposed to be around a bit longer? Ditto

Make your own posts and replies, and people usually respond. Keep in mind that we are all over the world, so responses may take some time.

You might try Laron's telegram group that includes some people from here, FB, and other places. It is a safe and welcoming place. I'm there from time to time.

https://t.me/lightoasis

We are here - yippie

View attachment 13963
Spot on Linda

• Thank you!
Reactions: Linda

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I have a bit of a different opinion. Go home? Where's the bus. Do I want to? Yes and No. I am 66 human yrs old and have had my fair share of trials and tribulations. I tell the universe every day I want to go home. But the long and the short of it is simple to me. I like being alive here. I Love a good steak and a Dairy queen sundae, (peanuts and hot fudge.) I am in Mexico now having a bucket list vacation meeting many wonderful people. Most all locals have been kind and helpful.(I wasn't sure what to expect)The beach, food, bars and music have been great. I still play hockey a couple times a week. Lots of fun. I am gonna enjoy the time I have left. I am not trying to berate or criticize, but rather show another way.
We are all very advanced spiritual beings brought here to endue and change this planet. Work dragged me thru hell and back and my response was to go toe to toe with them. I found they couldn't handle my demeanor so they backed off and tried to screw me in other ways. They also found I had a strength and honor that was grudgingly accepted. I deal with some depression etc but I work hard to keep it in check. I am retired now while the bastards are still at it.
All I am trying to say is to not let the bastards wear you down. Look up at source and smile and try to make some ones day. Enjoy life and find some fun things to do. Ride a bike. Walk in the woods. Get fit. Drink and laugh with your buddies. Only here and a few other places do I have anyone to talk to about spiritual matters. The rest of the world is caught up in their little dramas. Give'em space and be kind. You need do nothing more.
Yes I want off this planet but our work is close, but not yet done. Many of us were brought here to just shine. I feel for he empaths(I'm a bit of one myself) they are doing the heavy lifting clearing and transmuting negative energy. Exhausting to say the least. I know it.
But do you know what? Living well is the best revenge. So as hard as it is. Just go out. Be kind and generous, and just spread some fun. It will change your life.
This is just my opinion and MO.

OP
Gunther

Gunther

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Sep 27, 2016
South Africa
Well said Pucksterguy. I enjoyed your post, and don’t view it as criticism, or beratement at all. We have quite a similar world view, and “trials and tribulations”, yeah had those too. In hindsight my original post may have been somewhat hot headed, venting, in effect. It seems to make more sense to vent here on the forum where folks understand where one is coming from, as opposed to venting to oneself, or someone that is still asleep.

We in fact said the same thing, we want to go, but don’t, because job not completed yet. And truth be told, I’ve had a great time here, and still do. I’m 62 human yrs old (so you could pull rank on me, but only just :-))), I retired at age 38. While I was still running my own quantity surveying practice, I enjoyed my 4,5m semi-rigid inflatable boat that I surf launched through river mouths to go game fishing, when I retired I bought a 1200cc dual purpose motorcycle, and toured the backroads of South Africa (155 000km on the clock now), still riding the bike, but have toned down the off-road component, at 225kg without luggage, the bike is a bugger to pick up when dropped in thick sand. When I got to the “been there, done that stage” with bike touring, I got my paragliding pilots license, and flew round the countryside for a while. Currently, I’ve sold my glider, and acquired a 5,5m seaworthy, surf launchable fishing kayak, that I hope to have many adventures on yet.

You mention empaths, yeah bit of one myself, I sometimes feel negative energy, from things I see, or hear about, as a physical sensation in my body, like a low voltage unpleasant electric current.

Living a frugal, uncomplicated life now, mostly happy days, but there are days when the madness out there gets a bit much, and one just needs to vent. I know it’s moaning and groaning, but I think we all have those days.

Your advice though, is excellent for both the younger and older generations.

Regards.
PS. The place we come from has things that make steaks and queen sundaes pale by comparison, but I know what you're sayin ;)

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I sometimes think about getting past my current 'tasks' and being able to live at another level without getting into all that, while still alive. Then, I realize that what I'm really wishing for is to enjoy the time I have.

So, the obvious conclusion is that I can do that each and every moment. No need to go anywhere; just be here in the here and now in exactly the same way except that I'm enjoying, accepting and appreciating the show, the strife, the push+pull, the highs + lows, the whole lot of it, even as I'm in it.

How's that for a bit of Monday philosophy? :hbounce :ROFL: :-D
I definitely enjoy that part of being here; being able to philosophize, ponder, and, as you say, Gunther, complain a bit every once in a while. What the hey, I can even enjoy the complaining; why not?After all, I do love a good, constructive rant. So thank you all for being here to do that with together. It's so much more fun <3

OP
Gunther

Gunther

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Sep 27, 2016
South Africa
I sometimes think about getting past my current 'tasks' and being able to live at another level without getting into all that, while still alive. Then, I realize that what I'm really wishing for is to enjoy the time I have.

So, the obvious conclusion is that I can do that each and every moment. No need to go anywhere; just be here in the here and now in exactly the same way except that I'm enjoying, accepting and appreciating the show, the strife, the push+pull, the highs + lows, the whole lot of it, even as I'm in it.

How's that for a bit of Monday philosophy? :hbounce :ROFL: :-D
I definitely enjoy that part of being here; being able to philosophize, ponder, and, as you say, Gunther, complain a bit every once in a while. What the hey, I can even enjoy the complaining; why not?After all, I do love a good, constructive rant. So thank you all for being here to do that with together. It's so much more fun <3
That is the best Monday philosophy I've heard, and it's all true. Excellent, thank you.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
For some reason, I've known I'm here for the long haul. In one of my many passwords I have incorporated the words "master yourself", as a reminder for when I log on. I have a twin, and he doesn't do life the same as I do, but is doing it quite differently. One of the big epiphanies I had in early life (and this is where spirituality teaches you, rather than books, for example) is that everything is constructed on a super-large spiral. Spiral of time, spiral of space (we are part of a spiral galaxy in any case). Obviously, a torus in energetic flow could also be seen as a spiral from some perspective. The Mobius loop. Jumping to either side for a different ride.

Knowing your own inner capability, you also know that you have a long way to go to master yourself. That would be only honest. So I just don't feel that there is any getting off this learning journey, as the whole purpose to my mind is to turn yourself inside out, have the inner the outer, and the outer the inner. But then, that's not quite the whole purpose, as the whole purpose is to do it joyfully!

I find my joy in the small, daily things. These are the things I have in my life. These are the things where I can find my joy. I do a job, to give myself freedom from having to ask for a handout, although my world is enmeshed with the welfare system (as I work within it). Due to this, I see so many people of different age groups in a place where they need this extra assistance. I know that if people could step away from this need of being spoon-fed, they could be so much more empowered. But also realizing, that empowerment comes from within, from the way you think, accept, forgive, stand up for yourself, or fight inequality.

And then, when everything is slipping along quite rightly in the flow of things, you realize the art of life is finding and vibrating in the balance. Not allowing unsought distractions to throw you off that fine line, of surfing the curve. Learning how it is possible to manifest, which is simply relaxing into co-creating with the one. Letting the creative sparks ignite. It's almost as if you are the flint, and life sparks against you. Another try, a spark, to touch your soul's material that can start with an ember, then curl into flame, then roar with life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)