Water filtration systems (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Salli

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 31, 2016
Hi - just wondering if anyone here uses a (preferably portable) water filtration system? If so, which one, and do you feel it helps? I've been looking at the Berkey range, but they're quite expensive. We currently just use a water filter jug, as, to be honest, our tap water smells of chlorine.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Reactions: Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We have a reverse osmosis filter on the kitchen sink, which removes fluoride and other things.
The filters, which have to be replaced every few months, are pricey, so my husband set it up on the water line that used to feed the spray hose. He replaced the sprayer with a small faucet. The set-up is very handy, although not exactly portable.
He did this several years ago, and I have no idea of the cost.
We use this water for cooking, our drinking, and the dog's water.
Still, I mostly drink spring water that comes from a place away from the city.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
When we first moved to Hot Springs we hadn't started to collect the natural mineral spring water and needed a way to filter our tap water. The tap water here is horrible and smells like clorine. I did some research and found that for the price the Zero Water Filter System is very good. It removes everything except fluoride. Only the expensive systems like Linda has will remove fluoride. We used the Zero for a while and it sure made the water taste good. Now days we just fill glass jars with the natural mineral water here.

OP
Salli

Salli

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 31, 2016
Thank you girls. I think I'm going to opt for a Berkey system. I've read a lot of good reviews of them. Will let you know how it goes.

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)