The Roundtable Banner Artwork — Your ideas? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Hmmm. It works perfectly on my iPhone. By chance, might you be accessing it through the older link that went directly to the forum server?

Here's how it looks on my phone...

View attachment 1197
Thanks SG! When I logged out and cleared my history it showed the new banner then when I logged back in the banner disappears. It's probably my iPhone browser. Thanks for helping. Now maybe I can fix it.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
That top left one hit me straight away, Laron, I really like it.
I couldn't actually use that image though as it's not wide enough, it's too tall, so it wouldn't fit into a banner image.

I love, love, LOVE the one on the forum!! It strikes me as being almost "Disney-esque" in quality, it's vibrantly colorful, and it evokes a wonderful sense of exploration, discovery, and joy. It almost encourages one to cross the bridge, wander along the trail, and join everyone at the castle. I think it's PERFECT!
I just love how you expressed that.

I can't see the new banner because I'm usually always on my iPhone and when I login I'm taken directly to the mobile site.
The mobile site has a different banner. This is what you should see.

mobile.png

Something I have noticed is that it can take some time for mobiles to pick up the new version of something so perhaps you need to delete your internet history and it may show up.

Laron on most all Wordpress sites there is a link at the bottom to view desktop site.
Perhaps you are referring to the front page of transients.info? As wordpress has no relation to the forum.

In that case there is no banner on the mobile version of the site beacuse the theme I am using doesn't really have an option to display something that would fit, that is why I just have transients.info in text as a little image. What I could do in the future is manually code in something to sit above, but that will be difficult because of all the different sizes of mobile devices these days and responsive design and so on. I do plan to remove that list of 3 top stories and just have articles displayed like they are below the 3 images of the latest articles , but there is no option for me, it will require some time to work out what I need to remove from the loop page of the theme.

As for all the features of the main site, the only thing missing from the mobile version is the latest Roundtable replies and editors picks in the footer. Otherwise all features are available through the menu icon.

Really like the new banner Laron - big thumbs up! :hbounce
It's great isn't it? Love it!
:)s

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Sorry I didn't clarify - when I said site I meant your Transients website. I can now see the animated kind of banner. I just needed to clear my browser history as SG said.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I love the castle with 3 windows of time idea and can't imagine it without a round table someplace in/around it. In my mind's eye, the table is always populated, like Samara suggested. I also love the idea of symbols representing the forums and ideas tossed around the table. I picture this as being a place where we are building a new world together, from the template of our inspirations.

Perhaps, also, the 'round' theme can be echoed in some of the details in the surrounding area? e.g. bubbles of Laron 's 'healing spheres' from the remote sessions?

Something magical? Henda requested a magical feedback emoticon early on. I love that little wand, lol!
- Water that flows up, down and around?
- Castle supports that are in the background or foreground, depending on your viewpoint?
I picture something Escher-esque + subtle, drawing one in to another level of meaning, echoing the theme of entering another level of awareness.

And if we could get a crystal tree of @Lai 's in there, that, too, would echo a central theme.
One day when we get a custom designed one, all these ideas will be really helpful. Thanks!

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Well, if you want to get the instantaneous idea of "castle" how about a tapestry? This could then cover a narrow, wide area. For example (but doesn't have to be that one) the Bayeux tapestry.

I just viewed a couple of nature tapestries (some of the medieval ones were too heraldic, warlike or dated). There might be an issue of copyright. But a designer could come up with something beautiful from nature within the concept.

View attachment 1190 View attachment 1191 View attachment 1192

I love that first one as well.

Truthfully, i kind of like the natural, handmade look. I don't much care for the more cartoonish look.
Personal preference.

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I love your choice, Laron. The green of the forest reminds me of a cool shower having just passed. There is water in the image, which indicates flow. As Sinera said, nature spirits come out to play (and in my opinion a few wicked old witches and some good witches, too!). The castle is crenelated and protected, but seems airy at the top.

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
^ I hope you like fairies Sinera! :)s
Absolutely. In the astral I met some. I learned from a fellow forum colleague that they are 'disguised' as "little people". And later I could confirm this theory.

When I see them they are about only a metre high or so. One I met told me her name was Gillighan. After the experience, I noted the name down in my journal like this (intuitively with a -h-), not knowing the name before at all, only then did the research and was surprised what came up as the first search entry in google, it is this (try it out, even today):

http://gillighansworld.ie/

It's amazing how the non-physical beings convey information to us and make us go 'wow' later when we do some research.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I feel it's time for another change so I am looking for a new image to replace the current banner which will also get placed, in some form, on the twitter account and facebook account for transients & the roundtable.

Feel free to provide any ideas/suggestions. I am looking for something of a high quality and detailed, and don't mind putting some money into purchasing the licence as part of the budget for the site. I am currently having a look through this site, http://www.istockphoto.com/, which is the place I got the current banner from.

Reactions: Bill
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Here are a few I found this morning that I am considering between. I haven't stopped looking but I am saving there for something to come back to.

ex4.jpg

ex3.jpg

ex2.jpg

ex1.jpg

Reactions: June

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I looked through the entire 32 pages that belong to the artist for those I found and didn't see any.

So what I am really looking for is something that relates to 'Roundtable', or 'hamlet', or something spiritual in nature in relation to 'souls' and 'consciousness'. But we are all about the future as well, so something that can depict change is good.

What I really want up there is something professional looking and something that isn't a photo though, so artwork of some kind whether it's a scanned painting like what I found above, or digital in nature.

Reactions: June

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Something like one of these below would be nice. An image could be blended with other images of trees or clouds, depending on the image, on both sides to create a rectangle (banner shape). Photoshop can blend images beautifully. I could do this for you once you choose the image you like. I don't know if I'm making myself clear so let me know.

IMG_5180.jpg IMG_5181.jpg IMG_5182.jpg IMG_5183.jpg IMG_5184.jpg

Reactions: Stargazer
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
FWIW, I thought these had potential...
Have you got a link to them? I didn't really want to stick with a castle this time, as that is part of the change though. I do like them. I can't crop the ones you included to get a better look of how they would be, as they are too small.

Something like one of these below would be nice. An image could be blended with other images of trees or clouds, depending on the image
The problem with blending is that you are really working with the one image, when the image I want to use is going to be used on the twitter page and facebook page just to keep the theme. Plus the mobile version needs to be a lot smaller, so it's just easier all up to find something that can be used with everything. I did blending in my teenage years but I have forget totally how to do it now!

I would like to get more people involved this time with picking a final one, especially Linda since she is the main person looking after the Forum at the moment.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Thanks for all of those who have taken part in the search. Linda and I are also looking at changing the descriptive phrase that goes along with the image.

I was thinking that perhaps we should do an image and phrase update once a year, so then we are also adjusting to the shifts, as change will become a regular thing!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I took some time to look at other websites, and understand what Laron meant about illustrations versus photos. For the most part, illustrations have more intense colors and a "rounder" feel. The exception is some professional photos.

I also thought about the descriptive phrases and words. This past year, it felt as though we were working with ourselves and our immediate environment. For me, I feel that now is the time to branch outward a little more and allow our voices to be felt and heard, which is why I've been drawn to images of open vistas.

And........ that is as far as I got this week because the energies have really affected us, but on a sequential basis - first Pepper, then me, and now my husband.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I took some time to look at other websites, and understand what Laron meant about illustrations versus photos. For the most part, illustrations have more intense colors and a "rounder" feel. The exception is some professional photos.

I also thought about the descriptive phrases and words. This past year, it felt as though we were working with ourselves and our immediate environment. For me, I feel that now is the time to branch outward a little more and allow our voices to be felt and heard, which is why I've been drawn to images of open vistas.

And........ that is as far as I got this week because the energies have really affected us, but on a sequential basis - first Pepper, then me, and now my husband.
The energies have effected us too in a big way. I agree with your assessment about open vistas.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Widening vistas of freedom?

I like the word vista being used within whatever we come up with for a new image.

From what I understand, we could also use a creative commons image as long as I provide credit somehow, such as putting a hover description on the image or mentioning it elsewhere on the forum. So this means a site like flickr could be used to find an image, if you pick the creative commons licence filter. This link here should have the filter applied along with the search term "castles": https://www.flickr.com/search/?content_type=1&media=all&license=2,3,4,5,6,9&adv=1&advanced=1&text=castle

Reactions: Stargazer and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)