The Men Who Stare At Goats/1st Earth Battalion (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
So I just finished watching "The Men Who Stare At Goats" and I was amazed at the many references to quantum physics, consciousness, and "woo-woo" concepts being used to support the US military missions. I found this movie to be quite intriguing, with it's many references to "Warrior Monks" and esoteric teachings.

Similar to the "Tomorrowland" movie, I find the parallels to our current shift in consciousness to be incredible. The concepts are "in your face", but being dealt with as an adventure/comedy. Synchronicities abound in the movie, and if I didn't know better ( ;) ) I'd say this was "soft disclosure" of many of the things so many of us seem to have been working on over the past few years (expanding our consciousness, welcoming "new" energies, transmuting/healing, and co-creating a positive future).

What really smacked me in the face was when I did some follow-up "research" on the Internet and found the website for Jim Channon (creator of the 1st Earth Battalion concept in the movie):

Then there was this (Field Manual for the 1st Earth Battalion):

Now you could call this a brilliant "marketing" strategy on behalf of the movie, but there seem to be an awful lot of amazing parallels to supposed "true" events--and there're the current concepts relating to our consciousness shift/coming "New Age" and all that. Something about this whole thing smacks "Truth Hidden In Plain Sight" to me.

I dunno.

Anyone else see this movie and/or check out the above materials? I'm reading the manual now. Quite interesting indeed...

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Just a follow up. I've skimmed through the manual and it feels a bit "cultish" to me. The frequent use of the "All Seeing Eye" symbolism in both the movie and the manual seem very contrived and "in your face" as well. I was surprised as well to see a reference or two (can't recall if there were more than one) to Walt Disney in the movie and the manual. And according to IMDB, it doesn't appear this was a Disney-related film.

I'm also listening to several of Jim Channon's YouTube videos and still not sure what to think.

Thoughts, ideas, anyone?

Last edited:

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
The Men Who Stare At Goats
That is one of the movies I attempted to watch, but couldn't hang in there to finish it as I found it extremely bad! <:) It is rare that I watch a movie and decide to walk out or not finish it. I was expecting something entirely different though.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)