Ten Neck Pain Relief Exercises by Doctor Jo (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I just finished watching the below 9 minute video which has ten neck exercises that can help with revealing neck pain. By doing the exercising you are strengthening the neck muscles, which can help to prevent neck injuries in addition to neck pain relief. Doctor Jo says that when our neck muscles are weak, they can press on nerves and cause instability. (Dr Jo is a licensed Physical Therapist and Doctor of Physical Therapy.)

The reason I was watching this is because I have neck pain. About a decade ago I had a motorbike accident and even since I have pain that comes and goes in my upper neck, which can often lead to headaches. I've done some self-investigation into the emotional link and have a pretty good idea of what it is connected into, but obviously I haven't properly healed that energetic block that sits with those emotions way back then. So I have work to do there, but I also have to deal with the pain that comes and goes.

I can't say these neck exercises are helping me yet, as this is my first time attempting to do proper exercises for the neck pain.

Here's Doctor Jo's YouTube channel.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I’ve been doing neck exercises for years, stretching the neck to either sides ive found good, also pulling the shoulders back to squeeze the muscles, I find placing a hand either side of an open door and leaning in a better way for me, or just doing it against a wall.
A physiotherapist recommended these, he also told me never to rotate the neck.

Mine seems to be arthritis, it goes down into the shoulder and up into the head, can get really painful if I neglect the exercises.
I find a rolled up towel wrapped round the neck to be helpful, especially while sitting, the comfort is almost immediate.

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Some follow up feedback from me: Since I did one lot of exercises yesterday, and i should have repeated the at least once, but didn't I've actually had no more pain. So I'd say they were helpful for me. I'm going to keep using them, especially when pain pops up again, and see how I go.

I’ve been doing neck exercises...
Thanks for sharing that!

Reactions: Alain and Anaeika

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Thanks, just found this thread because I'm also now dealing with a neck problem.

I found similar exercises already in the German YouTube and did some. I do the first one similarly but standing and leaned against the wall actually and with the head tilted down a little, going back step by step. It's a little 'brutal' though. (German vid but I think the visuals will do, I think):

never to rotate the neck
Okay, will try to not do it. Did he say why? Is it meant sideways (looking left/right) or even making circles?

By the way, if you are not vegan/vegatarian, for arthritis/arthrosis or any muscle/bone issues New Zealand green-lipped mussles could be your choice. My father takes them with success. I also consider breaking my vegetarian oath for this.

He also uses this: Deep sound massage with Novafon. It is not cheap but neither is it a 'scam' that does not work. I read it is also recommended even by physiotherapists, orthopaedics, chiropractors, and even hospitals use it clinics - at least in my country. Most user reviews on the internet seem positive.

Company based in Germany but here I found also their US website:

Last not least I also recommend a neck cushion. Mine seems to have worn down which might be one reason it does not work anymore for me. Need a new one.

PS: I listen to metal but thank goodness never head-bang. Or maybe it would help and strengthen the musles? O_o

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Thanks, just found this thread because I'm also now dealing with a neck problem.

I found similar exercises already in the German YouTube and did some. I do the first one similarly but standing and leaned against the wall actually and with the head tilted down a little, going back step by step. It's a little 'brutal' though. (German vid but I think the visuals will do, I think):

Okay, will try to not do it. Did he say why? Is it meant sideways (looking left/right) or even making circles?

By the way, if you are not vegan/vegatarian, for arthritis/arthrosis or any muscle/bone issues New Zealand green-lipped mussles could be your choice. My father takes them with success. I also consider breaking my vegetarian oath for this.

He also uses this: Deep sound massage with Novafon. It is not cheap but neither is it a 'scam' that does not work. I read it is also recommended even by physiotherapists, orthopaedics, chiropractors, and even hospitals use it clinics - at least in my country. Most user reviews on the internet seem positive.

Company based in Germany but here I found also their US website:

Last not least I also recommend a neck cushion. Mine seems to have worn down which might be one reason it does not work anymore for me. Need a new one.

PS: I listen to metal but thank goodness never head-bang. Or maybe it would help and strengthen the musles? O_o

My physio gave me these excercises for arthritis which I’ve had in my neck for years, and for those years have kept the pain reasonably at bay.

Why he told me never to rotate the neck I don’t know, but I did rotate it one time thinking it’s got to be good, never again I was in a lot of pain later.

Here are the excercises he gave me.
1....Sit/stand up straight, tilt head towards shoulder and hold a few seconds, remember to keep head up, repeat to the other shoulder blade

2.....Head up looking forward, slowly turn head to the left and hold, repeat to the right, do as many times as comfortable.

3.....raise right hand up and over right shoulder, gently pushing elbow with left hand as if attempting to reach the shoulder blade, hold a few seconds, repeat with the left side.

4.....Bend right arm at elbow and bring across chest so the forearm is raised in front of the face, gently pull across with other hand. Repeat to the other side.

5.....Placing hands at shoulder height on open door frame, lean in and hold, do several times.
Eaqually this can be done in the corner of a room.

If I need a cushion at any time I use a rolled up towel, it ti isn’t often I need it, provided I keep up the excercises, which I must admit is a right drag sometimes but so worth it.

Hope it helps

theGalacticTravelChannel

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
A very pertinent thread for me as I live with what I call an 'anomaly' at the back of the head / top of the neck. It is more than pain/tension/tightness. It is a level of energy, of energy activity that can give me a corkscrew-like sensation through the neck ( just awful ). It comes with a level of numbness, a sensation which is highly uncomfortable. I navigate this energy and it's release with/by :

• Inversions
  • Sleeping on the floor
  • Sleeping without a pillow
  • The use of a still point inducer *used in chiropractic [ cranial-sacral ] work : watch video here
  • Psoas and soul trauma release : watch excellent video here

Casey

• Informative
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt and Laron

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I can vouch for cranial sacral therapy - oh my, when everything is flowing well, you are on top of the world.

• I agree
Reactions: Snowmelt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)