Opening My Parents Minds with Spirituality and New Age topics (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Asta

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 28, 2018
Florida, USA
Talking openly about bits and pieces of Dolores Cannon's books and a Netflix documentary about Near-Death experiences (I believe it is called Surviving Death, and was produced by the University of Virginia (Who has a whole department dedicated to the metaphysical, believe it or not!) if you're interested) with my parents, mostly my mother.

I'd opened up about my beliefs in the past, what they were (vaguely), but I feel less scared now, as in not afraid of judgement, and I am excited to simply to be able to share with someone close to me. It was spurred on by a conversation about whether she agreed with the statement "Everybody is understandable" and somehow it veered into the spiritual. It felt like it could have been guided, to open their minds up to this. The moment just felt right, or aligned maybe, it just felt good finally (I almost all the time feel off, or wrong in some vague way and it makes me feel restless and I don't know what to do about it), but maybe it is just my mind/ego making me think it is aligned because I want it to be aligned, to know that it was a guided moment in my life. Or maybe I am doubting my intuition, however small it felt there. Not even sure how intuition comes to you, and I haven't become familiar enough to recognize mine, maybe I am overthinking it and not seeing intuition where it comes to me. I don't know.

I feel my mother is slightly wary due to fear of the unknown. She multiple times said speaking about the topic gave her chills (I remember having chills too, so I can empathize, but now it is so common in my life to think about that I don't feel the same as I did about it, rather it feels just a comfort. I am 21 and as far as I am aware, it is going to be a long road ahead of me and I have a lot to do and overcome. But I will have my spirit guides around me, and hopefully I can talk to them as easily as I wish to in the future) and she of course has beliefs that would be challenged, beliefs held for as long as she has held hers (around 60 years, and I believe she is agnostic/atheistic but grew up catholic), which is never an easy thing to deal with.

I was careful and made sure I didn't sound like I was forcing them on her, just sharing what was from the book that I felt comfortable sharing out of the simple excitement of sharing them with another person finally, but also that it seemed to pique her interest slightly and as well that it did flow with the conversation. She openly brought up the concept of alien souls, which ignited my interest and surprised me slightly (My mom, talking about alien souls. Wow.), but I did not say anything about what I knew about them, I think I decided I would let her discover that on her own, if she ever ends up doing so.

Overall, back when I was 15, I never imagined she would understand, let alone be interested. I just assumed she would call me crazy and judge me. But now she is saying maybe we can watch the Near-Death experience documentary sometime this week, when she is in the state of mind or mood to watch it. I am glad I opened up to them, I feel happy, happy that I am helping them expand their minds so that they don't fear death and grieve over the loss of the people they have lost in their lives, at the very least not in the same way, or to a lesser extent. To make them question and have a small hope that maybe death is not the end makes me happy and also excited to help expand their minds further, if I can.

Thank you very much for reading :) !

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Sounds wonderful Asta. People come around when they're ready. Take it slow and encourage questions. The documentaries a re a good start, maybe a book about NDE's. I gotta start doing this with my kids lol.

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I've found that people surprise me all the time and I'm so very glad to hear that you got pleasantly surprised in this way that is so important to you with your mom. As Pucksterguy says, people have their own timing.

It also really sounds like you picked your moment. Have I ever found that to be a key concept. I never know when it'll come but it's like hearing something in the unsaid parts of the conversation that let you know it's maybe a good moment to have 'that kind' of conversation, or at least test the waters.

I love learning about NDEs and, yes, have found it encouraging to know that kind of information about 'the other side' as it really does flip a lot of fears on their head to hear those stories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)