• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

is this a garnet? (1 Viewer)

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
image:7107.jpg image:7106.jpg image:7102.jpg In person it's hard to tell because it's almost flat with ripples on it and nearly transparent. The color made me think garner rather than ruby. What do you guys think? Also I have more but this I'm curious about. It seems to increase my intellect when holding it meaning I can think more clearly. Can you Kristy or anyone else confirm this ? When I used to gold dredge or pan for gold in the rivers I had tons of garners, small, much smaller than this. a grain of sand size. however the color was deep red to the point they were not transparent when i did happen to find a larger one. I just thought id get this bugging question out of my way by asking you crystal geniuses. thank you
yeah it looks garnet to me but i just wanted clarification. thanks

Attachments

OP
Mike

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Thank you. As I know garnets are darker but who knows. I appreciate it Kristy :)

OP
Mike

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Actually it was sent to me from the east coastal area as a rough stone package. As a gift from a client. It came with black tourmaline smoky quartz a very nice size long citrine about 3.5 inches long any much more. I used to have thousands of dollars worth of crystals but my ex had taken them all. I felt lost without them which is why this girl sent a small package of fantastic little rough stones. I never asked she just sent without telling me. She had my address and I wondered why she asked lol. . I'll have to wait for the sun to come up in a couple hrs to take a decent picture of them but yeah she said it was shipped from the east coast here in america. It look like a garner but it's just such a weird shape like a guitar pick only the pick would be thick in the middle and slope off to a really thin side. I'm going to put it them on paper outside in a few hours. I've had some good ones just disappear out of thin air. I HATE when that happens. I'll be lucky if they return as they've done before but I'll never know why. I'll be back in a couple hrs :) thanks Kristy but yeah its from east coastal area

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
............. I used to have thousands of dollars worth of crystals but my ex had taken them all. I felt lost without them
This strikes a sad note and I intuitively feel that in the near future your ex is going to find out that her action in taking them was not aligned to her highest best self. Crystals and rocks are spiritual tools, but if not handled consciously they are baubles and may even create a blockage.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Mike

Well without being able to see the crystal in person I narrowed it down to two. It would really depend on where she got it from and if she remembered what it was. Anyways here are the two:

Garnet as you thought and yes it can be translucent.

http://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/garnet

and then there is this...

Bixbite also known as Red Beryl which is also translucent

http://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/red-beryl

I looked them both up in my books and google searches images and both had images so very similar to what you have shared. So, I may have not been able to give you the definite but at least you have the two that it could be and can read about them. And both are found in the US

OP
Mike

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Mike

Well without being able to see the crystal in person I narrowed it down to two. It would really depend on where she got it from and if she remembered what it was. Anyways here are the two:

Garnet as you thought and yes it can be translucent.

http://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/garnet

and then there is this...

Bixbite also known as Red Beryl which is also translucent

http://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/red-beryl

I looked them both up in my books and google searches images and both had images so very similar to what you have shared. So, I may have not been able to give you the definite but at least you have the two that it could be and can read about them. And both are found in the US
Thank you I'll read over them :) And it's much appreciated more than I can say

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
IMG_7074.PNG Oh. I took a screen shot of something I saw online and looked like the crystal you have.

OP
Mike

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
looks uncanning similar, the only difference are the square grid shape it has mine dont have that but it is damn near exact very close. I tell ya i think i may have a garnet and its just shaped strange wherever its origional location was, it seemed to be a pretty rugged place. i doubt its from the east coast but thats the wholesale company that sells their rough crystals through the east coast. it seems it was in ice at one time the way it has grown with the ripples which no garnet id evver seen has that but I just think it was the location. thank you kristy i appreciate it :)

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
looks uncanning similar, the only difference are the square grid shape it has mine dont have that but it is damn near exact very close. I tell ya i think i may have a garnet and its just shaped strange wherever its origional location was, it seemed to be a pretty rugged place. i doubt its from the east coast but thats the wholesale company that sells their rough crystals through the east coast. it seems it was in ice at one time the way it has grown with the ripples which no garnet id evver seen has that but I just think it was the location. thank you kristy i appreciate it :)

What I sent had been etched to look that way. Every other photo I have seen had the ripples like yours. This was just an example because it was the same size and shape.

OP
Mike

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Thank you Kristy. I appreciate your time I think we all do! So, again thank you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)