Icelandic crystals and stones help (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
image.jpg image.jpg

Hi transient family - i got some stones native to Iceland and just wondering what healing properties they might have ? Regardless they remind me of my motherland p&l Tania
Ps picture 2 is approx 1 am as it never gets dark in the summer

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Kristy and @Lai know a lot about crystals and stones. When they get a chance, they might have some insights.
The top right looks like lava to me. I have a lot of it around me where I live, but mine is more red.
I was given 2 stones from Scotland. One of them looks like the white one in the middle row. I was told that these were fairy stones because fairies liked to nap in the hollow places.
Iceland is on my list of places I really, really want to visit.

OP
Tania

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Oh I like fairies napping such a nice thought. It is lava - I forgot to write it - I just put it in there cause after all what better way to represent Iceland. Thanks for replying :)

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
View attachment 460 View attachment 461

Hi transient family - i got some stones native to Iceland and just wondering what healing properties they might have ? Regardless they remind me of my motherland p&l Tania
Ps picture 2 is approx 1 am as it never gets dark in the summer
Tania it looks like the photo has a filter on it. Could you take a picture in a brighter light so I can see the colors and markings better? Even if you could take a close up of each one individually. There are different characteristics to look for when identifying which crystal is which and I don't want to give you the wrong information.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
image.jpeg
Kristy and @Lai know a lot about crystals and stones. When they get a chance, they might have some insights.
The top right looks like lava to me. I have a lot of it around me where I live, but mine is more red.
I was given 2 stones from Scotland. One of them looks like the white one in the middle row. I was told that these were fairy stones because fairies liked to nap in the hollow places.
Iceland is on my list of places I really, really want to visit.

Fairy stone is a different stone. It is actually Staurolite. There is a place in Virgina called Fairy Stone State Park where you can find the fairy stone.

OP
Tania

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Hi Kristy and Linda. Thanks for responding Kristy - Here are 4 photos of some of the stones in better lighting without filter (I think - not a wiz on the phone) I took pictures and turned them to see both sides. I also got a big black oval/round onyx (no photo) but point being I was told they are all native to Iceland the stones which is what I was looking for when visiting family there this summer.

Attachments

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
Hi Kristy and Linda. Thanks for responding Kristy - Here are 4 photos of some of the stones in better lighting without filter (I think - not a wiz on the phone) I took pictures and turned them to see both sides. I also got a big black oval/round onyx (no photo) but point being I was told they are all native to Iceland the stones which is what I was looking for when visiting family there this summer.
Tania thank you for the photos. I will search through my books to see if I can't get you some information on them. It takes some time but hoping by the end of the weekend (it's Saturday by me) that I will be able to get you at least some of what you are looking for. And thank you because it is easier to see their true color and properties which will make it easier to research them. There are a couple I believe I know for sure what they are but I want to be absolutely positive so you get the correct information. I can say that they have beautiful energy and vibrations about them.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron
OP
Tania

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Hi Kristy. Absolutely no rush - I'm enjoying them even before knowing the details and am visiting Norway this week where i had this amazing experience yesterday but i will post the picture in the right forum - it should interest anyone going on the Peru trip.

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com
Love the little tigers eye. Try and make a necklace with it. They are very protective along with black tourmaline. Different vibrations but still wonderful

OP
Tania

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Thank you Tania. I have been dealing with a back injury but I have been looking them up for you.
I'm sorry to hear that Kristy - I've thrown by back out last week (not so bad) but still been schlepping helping my friend out for a fashion show in Norway - so empathetic and understanding that sometimes we keep going at it for others - but try to relax cause I got new Norwegian stones to add to the post ( but at least I got the info notes on them already) :) so no more work for you....thanks s bunch

Reactions: Kristy
OP
Tania

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Love the little tigers eye. Try and make a necklace with it. They are very protective along with black tourmaline. Different vibrations but still wonderful
Hi Mike - would I drill a hole - I don't think I could get my self to do it? I'm thinking to meditate with them when I get the chance to join the remote healing group again :)

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
image.jpeg
I don't think that is a tiger's eye. As tiger's eye has more stripes to it. I am in the process of looking the crystals up in my books. But here is a tiger's eye and you can see there is a difference between the one she has and the one in the image I am sharing.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
View attachment 644

I don't think that is a tiger's eye. As tiger's eye has more stripes to it. I am in the process of looking the crystals up in my books. But here is a tiger's eye and you can see there is a difference between the one she has and the one in the image I am sharing.
And tiger's eye is not native to Iceland where she was told the stones she has are native to there.

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com
Reactions: Stargazer

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
I have not forgotten you Tania I had misplaced my books after using them last but now have them again so I am going through them tonight to try and help identify your precious crystals.

Reactions: Stargazer

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
image.jpeg

Tania

So I went through all of my crystal books that cover over 650 different crystals, their origins, and properties. And I must say that I could not locate the crystals you have. I found many that are almost similar but not native to Iceland.

But...
I can tell you that from what I can tell is that a few are possible types of Jaspers and/or Agates. My best suggestion is that you go back to the shop you got them from and have them identified. The author of the books I went through has made an effort to cover many crystals but due to the fact there are so many from all over the world it is impossible to have them all. Maybe one day she will come out with a 4th book with other crystals that have yet to be found. I was even looking for a few that I have which I couldn't remember their names but they were not there either.

Oh. While even searching online just in hopes I could locate your stones I came a cross a book that may be helpful for you so I will add the image.

I am very sorry I could not give you what you were looking for and I have spent the last 3 hours trying my best to help you. I hope the shop will be able to help you find their names at least and then you can go from there.

Many Blessings and sorry it took so long.

OP
Tania

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Dear Kristy. I almost feel bad you spent so much time on my needs then again it makes me feel great cause this forum seems to be the wrong place to not simply feel great that you did! Thanks for being generous with your time and hope your back is better. I have been looking myself - I'm not in Iceland at the moment so can't go back but the shop keeper told me it was an older local guy who goes to the mountains and finds them and polish them. I think 2 of them or 3 are actually quite common but still powerful. I have been using them to meditate / hold according to the "setting intentions" and cleaning them under running water. I got a few others in Norway a couple of weeks back and will make this my travel memorabilia thing to get native stones and Chrystal's. This time however I got the names of the stones - now if only I know where I put them to be safe :) thanks for the book suggestion it's nice with a visual - I'm sure I'll come across it now. Thanks again namaste.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
Dear Kristy. I almost feel bad you spent so much time on my needs then again it makes me feel great cause this forum seems to be the wrong place to not simply feel great that you did! Thanks for being generous with your time and hope your back is better. I have been looking myself - I'm not in Iceland at the moment so can't go back but the shop keeper told me it was an older local guy who goes to the mountains and finds them and polish them. I think 2 of them or 3 are actually quite common but still powerful. I have been using them to meditate / hold according to the "setting intentions" and cleaning them under running water. I got a few others in Norway a couple of weeks back and will make this my travel memorabilia thing to get native stones and Chrystal's. This time however I got the names of the stones - now if only I know where I put them to be safe :) thanks for the book suggestion it's nice with a visual - I'm sure I'll come across it now. Thanks again namaste.

It was truly my pleasure to look for you even though the outcome was not what I wanted. While looking for your crystals it was great to see where so many come from.

As for the stones coming from Iceland maybe that little old man who goes out to get them has a secret stash ;) I got this overwhelming feeling of love when I read that.

Obviously you were meant to connect with these beauties and it meditating with them is the best way to strengthen that connection. Perhaps soon they will tell you a story and you can share with us :D

Reactions: Vickie
OP
Tania

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
It was truly my pleasure to look for you even though the outcome was not what I wanted. While looking for your crystals it was great to see where so many come from.

As for the stones coming from Iceland maybe that little old man who goes out to get them has a secret stash ;) I got this overwhelming feeling of love when I read that.

Obviously you were meant to connect with these beauties and it meditating with them is the best way to strengthen that connection. Perhaps soon they will tell you a story and you can share with us :D
Dear Kristy - love does breed more love doesn't it. You made me think about something - my proffesion is actually storytelling so maybe that is exactly what this (your reply and the stones) are supposed to bring me closer to - I live for discovering these type of connections - it really makes everyday life more magical. Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)