Elliptical street bikes (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I am posting this because it looks interesting and as a public service in case you've never seen one before and think you crossed over into another time line. When I looked it up, I found two types.

I was driving through our neighborhood and saw one in the distance. After I recovered from the surprise, I slowed down to watch, and it looked pretty cool. It is a basic bicycle design with elliptical pedals, and you ride standing up. The premise is that riding a bike and using an elliptical machine are great for cardio and easier on your knees and your back. I can attest to this, as one who used to ride a regular bike quite a bit. However, one thing I would miss is sitting back without your hands on the bar and coasting.

The second one, which I did not see, looks more fun to me. Instead of handle bars, it has poles like cross country skiing, which I also used to do. The design has two wheels in front and one in back, and you steer by leaning. Oh, I think I would love this. They come with setups so you can ride indoors, too. Be forewarned - they cost a lot of money $1,000 and upwards if you get more speeds.

Just thought of this - I wonder how you brake??

elliptigo.jpg streetstrider.jpg

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)