DuckDuckGo is my search engine of choice. #ComeToTheDuckSide – we have privacy. (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
DuckDuckGo is my search engine of choice. #ComeToTheDuckSide – we have privacy. https://duckduckgo.com/#1

I 1st found them while looking for a new search engine other then google because at that time I was trouble with Google. I for one have found to be soo much better then Google and beyond.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I've used this one, as well as Start Page.

The name of this one always makes me smile because I think of the child's game Duck, Duck, Goose. Come to think of it, that might be the reason for the name.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Screenshot_20170904-134653.jpg
Top results on google and duck duck go in regards to Italian vaccines, which I had seen was causing unrest in the idea of it being mandatory. Screenshot_20170904-134714.jpg

I think just this one search shows pretty well what the prerogative is.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks, Angela, for making the comparison. I did the same search with Start Page, which is the search engine I use, and found something similar. Google looks biased when compared with the other tests. The Duck search came up with citations from 2015. Start Page showed 2017 citations that included pro and con about the new law.

start page.jpg

Thanx everyone for your insights. Have decided to switch from this search engine to Start Page regarding the results are more relevant to what I'm looking for. At the same time I really didn't like goodgopher because its kinda out of dated as well. It really needs more work to it as well if it can complete with what the others have.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Hmm, this has been fascinating as I never realized what a difference it makes which browser (is that the right word?) you use to what you find in your search!o_O Thanks for starting the post, waybeyondfedup
Time to try Start Page.
I found, in my short time trying it out since this was posted, that DuckDuckGo was easy to install and use, so that's in its favour. Time to do a comparison search or two, I guess. Thanks for sharing yours, Angela. That was a real eye opener... although it really makes the Italians look schizophrenic, awarding a case for vaccine side effects in the courts and making vaccines mandatory for kids in those same courts a few years later?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)