Qualities and Services of a good energy healer? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Benny

Rambling Companion
Feb 5, 2017
Chicago Illinois
Hello,

I just wanted to learn more about energy healing and I hope you guys could answer one or all of these questions about energy healing:

What kind of qualities do you look for in an energy healer?

How do you identify whether or not a person is a good energy healer?

What kind of services do you look for from an energy healer?

How much would you guys pay for a good energy healing session?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I see a talented woman who has credentials in several healing modalities. She shared a most important concept with me.
She said that she does not heal people, but rather, brings their bodies back into balance so they may heal themselves. She also told me that when presented with this opportunity, some people choose not to heal themselves, and they do not return.

So, I would look for someone who understands this concept.

OP
Benny

Benny

Rambling Companion
Feb 5, 2017
Chicago Illinois
I see a talented woman who has credentials in several healing modalities. She shared a most important concept with me.
She said that she does not heal people, but rather, brings their bodies back into balance so they may heal themselves. She also told me that when presented with this opportunity, some people choose not to heal themselves, and they do not return.

Would you prefer the term healing facilitator instead of energy healer? I think the term healing facilitator implies that the person is not actually doing the healing, but facilitating the process of healing so that you can heal yourself.

And is this a matter of affirming your personal power? By that I mean that the healer affirms that you are in control of your own healing and that you as the client will only get as much as you put into the work?

Is it important for you to know where the healing certifications are coming from? Like is it important that the certifications come from modalities that you are familiar with or just a lot of different modalities? Does experience matter to you?

Thanks so much for this feedback Linda!

K

KarlaSM

I would say that it is very easy to move energy. Anyone can do it. Just create vortexes, move something here and there...but I think that a really good healer would be someone who knows about life in first place. Someone who has really witnessed pain and who has achieved compassion and selfless service. A heart that really wants to help.

I would love to be a true healer in the future, if possible. But it is not easy. I guess that something that I notice recently is that it is exciting at first to discover how to help oneself and others heal many things from the level of energetic discord, and you can learn endless techniques, but the real deal is to have known the hearts of others and their true needs, something that can be developed over time, but it requires most definitely years of work and to go out to the world and know people and to truly know the depths of ones own soul and to have a true integrity to do it. Otherwise...well I have seen disasters.

As for the market of healing, it is very easy, just do some sort of marketing research, compare the prices and services, if that is what you are looking for.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
My experience is a little different, as I've known my person for about 25 years, so I want to take some time to consider your questions and comments.

I think an important aspect of this type of work is the ability to be quiet and relaxed so you can understand what the person is saying, as well as what their bodies are conveying. I believe this is what Karla was talking about.

OP
Benny

Benny

Rambling Companion
Feb 5, 2017
Chicago Illinois
I would say that it is very easy to move energy. Anyone can do it. Just create vortexes, move something here and there...but I think that a really good healer would be someone who knows about life in first place. Someone who has really witnessed pain and who has achieved compassion and selfless service. A heart that really wants to help.

I would love to be a true healer in the future, if possible. But it is not easy. I guess that something that I notice recently is that it is exciting at first to discover how to help oneself and others heal many things from the level of energetic discord, and you can learn endless techniques, but the real deal is to have known the hearts of others and their true needs, something that can be developed over time, but it requires most definitely years of work and to go out to the world and know people and to truly know the depths of ones own soul and to have a true integrity to do it. Otherwise...well I have seen disasters.

As for the market of healing, it is very easy, just do some sort of marketing research, compare the prices and services, if that is what you are looking for.
I guess what I am looking for is to create true value for people, and really help them get what they need. Also I want to know what things I should look for when I choose to get the services of a healing facilitator.

Reactions: Stargazer

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

I once read about this concept in one of the Kryon books. The person wishing to be healed must have strong intent to be healed. Healing can occur if it is allowed (invited).

Reactions: Carl and Stargazer
OP
Benny

Benny

Rambling Companion
Feb 5, 2017
Chicago Illinois

What is in your heart? What are your true needs? What kind of services do you want from a healing facilitator?

OP
Benny

Benny

Rambling Companion
Feb 5, 2017
Chicago Illinois
I once read about this concept in one of the Kryon books. The person wishing to be healed must have strong intent to be healed. Healing can occur if it is allowed (invited).
I agree on that. Every healer should ask the client's higher self whether healing is acceptable before attempting any sort of energy work with a client.

Reactions: Carl and Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
OK, here is what I came up with.

I want to have confidence that the person I am seeing has clear ideas about working with a client without inserting their own issues into the mix. If I did not have a personal recommendation from a friend, then I would carefully read the reviews provided by other clients.

Generally, I would say experience matters to me; however, I also listen to my inner voice, which sometimes leads me to a less experienced person.

I knew a young woman who was starting out with her QHHT practice and offered free group meditation sessions so people could get to know her.

You might look into groups through "Meet-Up". It would be a good way to meet other people of like mind. There probably is a local chapter of the Institute of Noetic Sciences in your area.

It might be a good idea to write your own code of ethics just to get everything clear in your mind. Once you start writing about issues like this, you will be surprised what comes up. I think this is where studying with teachers is helpful because they have more experience with different kinds of people.

Collecting fees can be tricky, and you will need to think about that in advance.

There may be some state regulations, permits, and fees pertaining to "personal services". You will need to research that carefully.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
If one is offering services, then clarity about what one is offering seems to me to be a key point, as well as how one goes about it (lots of points about that were brought up above). Asking such a question in this thread is very much a step in that direction. Clarity will inform all you do from how you work to how you communicate, market and interact with others, the scope, i.e. how 'big' or 'small' you see your healing work, how much of you is involved in what you offer and how much of you (as Linda mentions above) is inserted (or not) into what you do.
Then, there is how much you have worked on yourself, as that informs all that you have to offer.

If one is seeking services, then, yes, clarity about what you are seeking is vital but it seems even more vital to check in with how the person you are thinking of engaging with feels to you. Even if you are just checking out a website, or hearing a recommendation, the things said and unsaid about the work being offered can give one lots of information which, put together, can paint a picture (i.e. create a feeling) about how it might be to interact with the person being considered. I value that information very highly when making a decision about working with someone.
Then, too, some people come into our life for a long time and others are there for a fly-by:-D

It's all good.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I think this would be a great thread to continue to get peoples involvement in. Perhaps, eventually, we can put together a list of qualities based on all responses and have it pinned to the top of the board.

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)