My love letter to cosplay | Adam Savage, TED Talk (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
TED Description: (13 minutes) "Adam Savage makes things and builds experiments, and he uses costumes to add humor, color and clarity to the stories he tells. Tracing his lifelong love of costumes — from a childhood space helmet made of an ice cream tub to a No-Face costume he wore to Comic-Con — Savage explores the world of cosplay and the meaning it creates for its community. "We're connecting with something important inside of us," he says. "The costumes are how we reveal ourselves to each other." "

Reactions: Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
This is AWESOME!! I can't tell you the number of things I've made from cardboard growing up...cars, boats, trains, planes, spaceships, houses...

This took me back to some very fun and creative times. Thanks so much for allowing me to take a pleasant trip down memory lane, Laron.

Reactions: Laron

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Love this guy - he has such a joyful attitude
Mythbusters was one of my favorite shows
My secret wish - to be a guest on the show - it is over now, but maybe someday - somewhere:bag:fp:-D

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)