Magnesium Bicarbonate Super Water (make it yourself for pennies) (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I started making this water a few weeks ago. It tastes divine. So simple, just carbonated water (the fizzy stuff you buy) and Magnesium Hydroxide which is inexpensive. Why am I posting about it? Because I dreamed this morning that I was telling everyone about it.
  • 1-liter bottle of carbonated water chilled. I recommend purchasing a soda stream or something similar and using distilled or reverse osmosis water. You can use plain seltzer water if you want to buy carbonated water.
  • Magnesium Hydroxide Powder
  • Small funnel
To prepare the water, follow these steps:

1. Chill a 1-liter bottle of carbonated water. You want the water to be cold as it will mix and dissolve better.
  2. Measure out 1 tsp of magnesium hydroxide powder.
  3. Remove the bottle of carbonated water from the refrigerator. Open it slowly and carefully to minimize the loss of CO2. As soon as the initial fizzing settles down, use a small funnel to pour the magnesium powder into the bottle. Promptly replace the cap on the water bottle and shake it vigorously for 30 seconds or so, making the liquid cloudy.
  4. After 20-30 minutes, the liquid will have cleared, and any un-dissolved magnesium hydroxide will have settled to the bottom of the bottle. Again shake the bottle vigorously for 30 seconds, making the liquid cloudy. Continue to do this over the next hour. When the liquid is clear after shaking, all magnesium hydroxides should have reacted with all of the CO2 to become dissolved (ionized) magnesium and bicarbonate.
You may note that the sides of the bottle “cave in” when the liquid clears. This is a sign that the reaction is complete. If a small amount of un-dissolved magnesium hydroxide still remains in the bottom of the bottle as sediment, it may be ignored. It should be kept in the refrigerator.

This 1 liter of concentrated magnesium bicarbonate water will have approximately 1500 mg of magnesium and about 7500 mg of bicarbonate. Take 1/3 of the concentrate and add it to 1L of water. Start by drinking 4oz of the diluted magnesium bicarbonate water on an empty stomach for over 20 minutes twice a day. Magnesium bicarbonate is very alkaline, so avoid drinking it with food because it will neutralize your stomach acid, affecting digestion. Drinking too much at once can cause loose stools, so you want to slowly increase the amount you are drinking to 1L per day in divided doses.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I've tried to look into whether the soda stream type carbonated waters are alkaline or not. Have you found anything on that?

...or did you just decide to take care of the issue this way?

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I've tried to look into whether the soda stream type carbonated waters are alkaline or not. Have you found anything on that?

...or did you just decide to take care of the issue this way?
I just bought a bottle of carboated water from the store! It takes a couple of days for the magnesium hydroxide to dissolve but the bottle does cave on on itself and the bubbles disappear! So thre is clearly a reaction!I love drinkng this water.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)