Wind Turbines Decimating Insect Population (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I knew about the blades on the wind turbines killing off birds, but the insects are new info for me. Food chain, folks. Plants need insects for pollination. Birds need them for food. And up the food chain we go until nothing is left. Apparently, this problem has been known for 20 years, but either no one has snapped to the bigger picture, or it was the intent all along.

In fact, so many insects are being squashed by these blades that it is leading to significant energy losses. Every insect weighing about 0.1 grams means that all these insects are adding 1200 tons of weight on the turbines, meaning that they are loosing large amounts of potential energy they could produce.
It is actually so bad that a study done all the way back in 2001 found that the dead insects on a wind turbine could reduce energy production by a whopping 50%
There are even companies out there that specialize in cleaning the wind turbines from dead insects using cranes and helicopters. So we need helicopters driven by fossil fuel in order to keep the wind turbines in working order.

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
the thing is, they dont just kill off wildlife through just physically hitting them with the turbines... they create wind channels, ELF noise and frequency disturbances that do that, depending on the wind the kill-off-and-disease-causing channels can extend for miles downwind from them. also they create a ELF hum that makes bigger animals and humans that live in the area affected severely ill, and it penetrates even walls and into the ground. i dont have any resources about that in english, but a short time ago there was a german mini-documentary posted on nuoflix.de about the issue, if someone is interested i can try to find the link again.

Reactions: Linda
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
there was a german mini-documentary posted on nuoflix.de about the issue, if someone is interested i can try to find the link again.
please do, several people here speak German, and I know they are interested in this issue.

I live in a place with abundant wind and sun, so using them for energy production seems like a no-brainer. Only when we look at the big picture do we see that they are a disaster on many levels. I did not know about wind channels, so this is important info for me.

Don't you wonder what goes on in the companies that are promoting this type of energy. I'm certain greed affects the decisions, but don't any of the other people involved take time to see all of these issues?

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
https://nuoflix.de/windkraftanlagen-zerstoeren-die-gesundheit--dr-med-stephan-kaula
and
https://nuoflix.de/krankheitsvrursacher-windkraftanlage--dr-med-stephan-kaula
Don't you wonder what goes on in the companies that are promoting this type of energy. I'm certain greed affects the decisions, but don't any of the other people involved take time to see all of these issues?
i guess mostly it is, that there arent regulations for things that are hard to measure, and what you cant see or hear, they just ignore if they can make a profit without looking into the details or - god beware - apply real science. pretty much the same thing happens with the mobile industry, they back studies that then manipulatively show up as if the antennae dont cause the littlest harm because they are rigged appropriately, and true studies that would show the impact that are clearly noticeable if you just look, are swept under the rug and not financed and not published. these people who profit from this, they dont care. as much as people like you and me do care about the wellbeing of everyone, and it is hard to understand for us, but there are lots of people who just dont care. and the people who are affected by this, have no chance to succeed if they take matters to councils and courts, against these government-policy-backed huge corporations. after all, most are already financially ruined by their health problems due to the turbines, that they cant sustain long trial costs even if they would win. in the documentary i saw, that was discussed too, but i cant remember it in enough detail to make an accurate translation right now.

Last edited:
  • Winner
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Reminds me of a lawsuit several people in our neighborhood filed against the city. I've was thinking about it this morning, and it came down to this - we had the goods and could speak intelligently about it. What we did not have was power or funds to hire a ruthless attorney. The media was not interested because it was too complicated for a 5 second soundbite.

• I agree
Reactions: Lilia

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
Reminds me of a lawsuit several people in our neighborhood filed against the city. I've was thinking about it this morning, and it came down to this - we had the goods and could speak intelligently about it. What we did not have was power or funds to hire a ruthless attorney. The media was not interested because it was too complicated for a 5 second soundbite.
jep exactly!

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
another article has been written about another aspect of how awful wind turbines are, now it seems they also off-gas toxic chemicals especially when not disposed of correctly: https://www.activistpost.com/2022/08/intergovernmental-panel-warns-strongest-greenhouse-gas-in-the-world-being-emitted-from-wind-turbines-26087x-more-harmful-than-co2.html
nice find. Didn't realise this.
in refrigeration CFC's are also replaced with CF compounds which have less ozone destruction but higher greenhouse gas potential.

So you have CO2 which is good for nature and is already in a saturation of its infra red bandwith (and this overlaps widely with the water adsorption bandwith). studies I believe say that the effect of only the CO2 is about 0,5 °C even if we double the concentration. the models get to the high temperature with positive feedback mechanisms.

the fluor components don't have this saturation of the infrared bandwith and thus increase temperature more.

where have we heared more that the remedy is worse than the ailment.

• Informative
  • I agree
Reactions: Linda and Lilia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)