Why is pink Himalayan sea salt beneficial? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Some people are talking about this but I have not found any studies on Pubmed or PMC yet. I'd prefer to find studies I can look at myself.

My sources for free studies are here if you want to take a look:

• Winner
Reactions: Lila
OP
therium

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Ok, after a little research here's what my wife found out. Himalayan pink salt is only about 70% salt, the rest is beneficial minerals, so that's what's good about it. I also found some at Dollar Tree in the spice section. I can't vouch for the quality of it but there you go. This stuff is very trendy right now so it can be very expensive.

• I agree
Reactions: Alain and Lila

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
This is the only salt I use and not too expensive at all, I get it from my local health shop.
I tried grinding it the same as pepper but it’s so hard it messed up two grinders, so I now use the fine, pouring type.

I’ve always been a bit heavy handed with salt so I’m really pleased that this not only tastes better, it contains the minerals that table salt lacks and you definitely don’t need so much of it.

Included a pic of how I buy it, I can’t remember the exact price but it’s around £2 and lasts a fair while.

Attachments

• Cool Post
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Alain and Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
When I was a girl, I went on a trip to a salt mine. No way the public would be allowed these days, as we rode down, way down, in a freight elevator and were walking around while huge machines were mining the salt. I loved the vastness of the underground site, and I felt very good breathing in the salt air.

With the popularity of Himalayan salt, it is a good idea to be sure of the source. Most health food stores are pretty good about this.

The salt we are using now, Redmond Real Salt, is mined from an ancient ocean deposit in Utah. It is a bit pink with flecks of the other minerals, and the taste is slightly sweet. Our local grocers, as well as Natural Grocers, carry this brand. I pay $8 for 26 ounces, which lasts a long time. It is not available everywhere but can be ordered from the website.

According to geologists, the Redmond salt deposit is the remnant of an ancient inland sea, probably part of what they call the Sundance Sea, which places the deposit within the Jurassic Period. Over time, the salt that settled at the bottom of the sea was trapped within the earth and then pushed up near the surface close to the town of Redmond, Utah.
The deposit occurs with over 60+ natural trace minerals which gives the salt its unique color, unique flavor, and numerous health benefits. Because this deposit comes from an ancient sea bed, nature created the salt long before the earth experienced anthropogenic pollution and contaminants that are troubling our oceans today.
The Redmond salt deposit begins about 30 feet below the surface, covered by a layer of bentonite clay, which has protected it from erosion and from the possibility of modern contamination.

https://realsalt.com

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I realized that salts like Himalayan pink salt might contain additional minerals in a funny way. Well, it's funny now. I was desperate at the time.

I had a period of having leg cramps which would sneak up on me, usually at night and have me sobbing in pain sometimes. It was nasty. One night when a cramp gripped me in the middle of the night (I'd probably turned over in bed which started it) I thought in desperation "What can I do?"; my mind went to pictures I'd seen of muscles with calcium going into the cells causing contractions. "Magnesium is another molecule with a '+2' charge", I thought, recalling some grade 10 chemistry in a haze, half asleep, "And I have a salt lamp right there beside me. Maybe I should lick it."
I licked the lamp. The cramp eased off shortly afterward. The lamp was made of Himalayan pink salt.
I was amazed.
Later, I found some holes in my '+2 charge theory' and I didn't care:))
I had several opportunities to redo the experiment that night, as the cramps came back at any opportunity and I had to manoever myself back into bed to go back to sleep. It continued to work.

I got a bit more sophisticated with my 'salt licks' over time and now have a little container of salts which come from an ancient inland sea (I ended up with something that was not from the HImalayas) at my bedside within easy reach. However, since I've been to a naturopath who prescribed me a 'minerals tea' I haven't needed it almost at all.

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com
Ok, after a little research here's what my wife found out. Himalayan pink salt is only about 70% salt, the rest is beneficial minerals, so that's what's good about it. I also found some at Dollar Tree in the spice section. I can't vouch for the quality of it but there you go. This stuff is very trendy right now so it can be very expensive.
I found some in my walmart as well, quality? i dont know but its there

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I understand that Celtic Sea salt has the most minerals and benefits for the more commonly distributed salts globally. Saying that, I still have Himalayan at home frequently. I just haven't come across a cheap enough Celtic seat salt in the local shops. (I use a lot of salt)

Also, I've come across some fake info on social media saying Himalayan is full of heavy metals and should be avoided. Based on my research on this claim, I found that the original article had their facts wrong and that the amount of heavy metals is completely normal and within safety standards. It's also common that some food items (that come from the earth, or are grown in the ground) have a small amount of heavy metals, as they are naturally formed in the earth, so is to be expected.

There are some food items we should be wary of as higher traces of heavy metals are found in white rice for example — but then white rice is not good for us anyway, it's better to go with brown, wild or even red rice.

And lastly, many years ago now I intuitvely picked up that salt is not bad for us, such as doctors and media have portrayed it over the years. (I think it was along the lines of too much salt is bad for the heart?) I had this validated recently in some scientific studies I came across too when I was running Unraveled on transients. Many things we are told have been found to be inaccurate, especially in recent years as more secrets are revealed!
I found some in my walmart as well, quality? i dont know but its there
Welcome back Mike!!!

• Helpful Post
  • Informative
Reactions: Lila and June

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)