Why I stopped watching the news (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Mike Rowe really has a way for words and really explains the current propaganda in lame-stream news.

https://tribunist.com/news/mike-rowe-just-owned-cnn-and-fox-in-facebook-post-and-its-the-absolute-truth/?utm_source=GSL

"There’s very little question that the media and politics is currently more partisan than it has ever been in modern history. Newspapers and news stations can’t even seem to agree on what the actual facts are, let alone how to interpret them and let the American people know what they mean.

It’s probably no surprise that Americans are starting to turn off the news in larger numbers, likely driven by political bias on both sides of the spectrum from the various news reporting agencies.

Former Dirty Jobs host and current skilled labor advocate Mike Rowe saw these problems and made a Facebook post on his extremely popular Facebook page to address just those concerns. It seems to have resonated with people, because it’s currently being shared tens of thousands of times per hour.

Rowe started out by pointing out the obvious problems with our current media situation:

So I’m flicking around, searching for enlightenment – you know, like a good citizen – when I learn that CNN is still “the most trusted name in news.” I notice this, because they tell me so every ten minutes. This is comforting. I think it’s important that journalists be trusted.

Meanwhile, over at FOX, I am assured that everything is still “fair and balanced.” I know this, because they tell me so every ten minutes. This is comforting. I believe it’s important for journalists to be fair and balanced. Unfortunately, neither FOX nor CNN seem to believe anything the other is saying.

He used the current example of the varying news coverage of former Obama adviser Susan Rice to show how reporting varies from network to network:

Right now, CNN is telling me the “Susan Rice Scandal,” is completely fake, and being perpetuated by the partisans over at FOX. At the same time, FOX is explaining that the “Russian Conspiracy” is completely fake, and being driven by the partisans over at CNN. (Judge Jeanine was trying to walk me through it a few moments ago, but sadly, her head exploded.)

So I flick back over to CNN, where Don Lemmon is promising not to insult my intelligence by reporting on Susan Rice, until there’s something resembling proof. But over on NBC, Susan Rice just told me she “didn’t leak nothing to nobody.” Isn’t that like saying there’s nobody she didn’t leak nothing to?

Please click on link to finish article.

http://tribunist.com/news/mike-rowe-just-owned-cnn-and-fox-in-facebook-post-and-its-the-absolute-truth/?utm_source=GSL

Reactions: June and Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
He hit the nail on the head, and with his huge following, he might get the attention of more people.
Loved his quote about Deadliest Catch - You want to know why Deadliest Catch has been on 13 years? I mean, aside from it’s amazing narrator? It’s because you can’t give talking points to ice. And you can’t script The Bering Sea.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
We don't have news programs anymore, we have indoctrination programs instead. The same goes for any other programs -documentaries, many series, "reality" shows, etc. Thus the fight now is for control of the internet in order to achieve the same goals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)