Why Eating Pomegranate Could Save Your Life (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
IMG_5142.JPG

By Sayer Ji
Contributing writer for Wake Up World

Millions die every year from cancer. Millions more from heart disease. But a solid body of research indicates that consuming pomegranate may be the ideal way to protect yourself against the top two killers in the postmodern age.

I confess I have a bit of an obsession with pomegranate. Not only does is its look and taste highly appealing, but ever since performing a pubmed.gov literature search on what is literally the fruiting ovary of the pomegranate bush, I was simply in awe at the sheer volume of supportive literature on its diverse applications for health promotion and disease prevention.

I’ve written and lectured previously on foods with life-saving properties, such as garlic, lime juice, and of course the amazing spice turmeric to which I have dedicated an entire resource page on GreenMedInfo.com. But I think what intrigues me most about pomegranate is how seldom it is recognized for its powerful, and I would say, life-saving health properties; this, despite the fact that the research literature shows it has 100+ potential health applications. This situation is not accidental. The truth about pomegranate (and all “natural cures” for that matter) is controversial and highly politicized, with the FTC and FDA going as far as filing complaints against pomegranate juice manufacturers for referencing its well-established health value.

Read More

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for posting this. Pomegranate is a great way to bejewel a salad.

Reactions: Vickie

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I don't often them at the grocery store, but I do drink the juice.

OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Thanks for posting this. Pomegranate is a great way to bejewel a salad.
I've never had them in a salad. That's something I'll try. What do you use in the salad? I usually eat them right from the fruit but truthfully I don't eat them often enough.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I've never had them in a salad. That's something I'll try. What do you use in the salad? I usually eat them right from the fruit but truthfully I don't eat them often enough.
If the pomegranate is ripe, the red juice seeds (red juice around a small white seed) spoon out quite easily, or pop out if the fruit half is squeezed. You don't need to spit the white fibrous part of the seed out. It can be eaten.

However, I've read on the internet to keep the seeds away from dogs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)