Which part of your awakening has changed you most? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
As we go through the awakening process, there's no doubt it changes us in multiple ways. It's like watching a caterpillar emerge as a butterfly. For example, we may discover a newfound love of Nature, and may actually move out of the city home to a rural home where we can fully and deeply embrace this new love. We may become aware we have spirit gifts and therefore alter our lifestyle to focus on developing those gifts. We may become less materialistic, and change careers with less focus on income and more focus on personal freedom so that we can embrace Nature or develop spiritual gifts. We usually experience a decreased tolerance to violence, and as a result may not enjoy many previous activities, such as watching the news, playing video games, certain TV shows, violent sports, and so forth. We often change friends, moving away from those who are still sleeping, and finding new friends who are awakened. We may take up new activities such as yoga or meditation that help us feel more grounded and provide deepened inner peace.

There are a myriad of ways that the spiritual awakening process changes us. And my question for all of you is:

"Which one part of your awakening has affected you most?"

What has caused you to turn your life upside down (or at least want to)?

Last edited:
OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
I'll answer first.

I grew up as an only child in a foster home in the midst of Ohio farmlands. I was never competitive in nature, and as a result, rather than playing baseball or kickball with the neighborhood kids, I spent most of my childhood exploring the local woods, and playing alone by the creek. I have always had a deep love of Nature and animals, and have always disliked violence and cruelty and bullies and people who are highly competitive (who will cast aside scruples to win). It was not uncommon for classmates to describe me as kind, quiet, reserved, shy, and slow to anger (unless a person tortured an animal or mistreated others -- that gets me fired up :) ). So in these ways, my awakening has only had minor impact. It has only deepened these aspects of Who I Am.

While the awakening of my spiritual gifts (channeling, reading others empathically and psychic, and working with healing energies) has definitely changed me in measurable ways, the single biggest change has definitely been gratitude. Before my awakening I was materialistic and rarely paused my continual "quest for things" in order to be grateful for what I had. In addition, I rarely stopped to "smell the roses". I was engrossed in the outcome rather than the destination. So learning to appreciate what I had, and place more value in intangibles (honestly, loyalty, kindness, generosity, etc) rather than material belongings ... that has changed me the most.

The irony is, since I became more grateful and less materialistic (and visually oriented), and dropped the associated resistances, things come to me more freely. (LOL -- go figure, right?). The material things feel like "burdens" and I often find myself giving them away.

Last edited:

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
  • Seeing cloud pictures appear with a meaningful message apparently for me, then watching that same cloud dissipate after message is delivered!
  • Understanding that joy is the goal.
  • Seeing and understanding energetic interaction which is occurring outside the 5-sense perception dimension.
  • Knowing that I can say No to whatever doesn't feel right, and knowing that their sticks and stones cannot really ever hurt me.

Karmen S.

Involved Wayfarer
There is mine ;-)
You live life according to patterns of parents and the environment ... they are always telling me I'm too sensitive and "crazy". In our environment it is almost forbidden to show their emotions, no family "talk time". I always felt something missing ... but you're not allowed to stand out, of course. Get married, live the life others expected ... for some time ... a few years we have tried to get pregnant, which failed. I fought with my "black" thoughts and self blame, I wanted someone beside me to understand me ... but didnt received that. I wanted to discuss, analyze, understand ... in a nice way, not through the arguments which we had with now ex-husband. Years went by and my world was spinning in hospitals - annual operations and multiple attempts at artificial insemination. I met a guy and I saw everything that I was looking for: understanding, comforting, conversations ... everything I was "missing" and I "expected" by the then husband, I found in this boy. So I slowly fall in love even though I did not realize ... let me say that marriage was for me something sacred and definitive, even if you have a different view of the world, although this may be someone that emotionally pushes you down day after day and that does not respect you ... but rather "punishing you".

So I realized that people who accept me exactly as I am DOES EXIST and that you can talk and say what you think, without that this would be some kind of "punishmend" or you end up in not nice arguments. Namely, our marriage was arguing or "quiet days" ... beautiful moments were few. So one day happened ... and my world was turned upside down. The decision I have taken quite quickly ... reasoning, solving, presentation and finally talk about all that, that I was "squeezed" within. When my and his parents come together in order to tell me that I SHOULD stay with him - no matter what ... even though we first openly discuss "problems" - for them "problems" solving is simply swept under the carpet and go on. This we have already done so far and it did not work out of course :)

This transition has been for me a new birth for me. From the perfect "give everyone everything" I became a bitch, then I started to put real limits and began to "explore" myself and the meaning of life. Of course, I was always "odd" to another, so I quickly stood in more "spiritual world". People are falling off one by one out of my life and I am getting to know more and more other "odd" people. Life has become "permanent change" - from the fact that I did not know if we'll have for bread, to "major successes" and advances. However, I am grateful because I have someone with whom I can talk about everything, which is able to raise me when Im on the ground - and this is important.

They are ups and downs, but I try to understand and correctly placed in our life. I know that Im still not "on horseback" jet, but Im trying every day ... With my divorce I was faced with a lot of lessons and become much stronger person and of course I look at the world quite differently :)

This was the beginning of the transformation that is still ongoing :)

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
  • Seeing cloud pictures appear with a meaningful message apparently for me, then watching that same cloud dissipate after message is delivered!

• I have always wanted that to happen! I asked for a simple word to appear in the clouds. Still waiting. :)

--

[*]Understanding that joy is the goal.
    [*]Seeing and understanding energetic interaction which is occurring outside the 5-sense perception dimension.
    [*]Knowing that I can say No to whatever doesn't feel right, and knowing that their sticks and stones cannot really ever hurt me.
Agreed.

By the way, I have many author friends. One of those is Teresa Decicco. She wrote a wonderful book called "Living Beyond the Five Senses". I highly recommend it! It adds clarity and solidity to living beyond the 5-sense dimension. :)

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
There is mine ;-)
You live life according to patterns of parents and the environment ... they are always telling me I'm too sensitive and "crazy". In our environment it is almost forbidden to show their emotions, no family "talk time". I always felt something missing ... but you're not allowed to stand out, of course. Get married, live the life others expected ... for some time ... a few years we have tried to get pregnant, which failed. I fought with my "black" thoughts and self blame, I wanted someone beside me to understand me ... but didnt received that. I wanted to discuss, analyze, understand ... in a nice way, not through the arguments which we had with now ex-husband.
Bingo!

I faced much of the same. There is a deep irony in understanding that the Ego is actually very insane, and the true Higher Self is quite sane, but to the (insane) Ego, the Self appears very insane.

For example, the Soul leads us to always Love ourself: to take good care of our mind and body and soul and have loving thoughts about all of these. But those who live by their Ego's see this as "selfish". The irony is, what they're really saying is "stop paying attention to you and start paying attention to me". So who is it who's truly selfish?

So I realized that people who accept me exactly as I am DOES EXIST and that you can talk and say what you think, without that this would be some kind of "punishmend" or you end up in not nice arguments.
Bingo again :)

Out of Time

Roaming Contributor
Sep 5, 2016
In general, I have a problem with lower selves being directed by higher ones, because they are somewhere out there in a place of little understanding of what happens in 3d. There was one dramatic moment when I asked my higher self what was the difference if I was a slave to the bad guys or him. I think it was the moment when that guy over there finally realized something big, and I appreciate the changes that seem to have come from that event.

Jesus, it is interesting that I am revisiting that place. Back then I thought that higher selves were basically assholes who heartlessly send lower ones to tremendous suffering for their own perceived benefit. I am not very sure I think like that any more.

I guess I am much more confident with the relationship with my ego. At least I know for sure it loves me.

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
I like seeing warriors in polished armor, standing tall and proud, unblemished, unrelenting and unbroken.
Real warriors only look like that before they act. Wouldn't need all that heavy armor if it didn't get a dent or two. But truly, it's in having the heart pierced that it opens to hold light.

Out of Time

Roaming Contributor
Sep 5, 2016
Real warriors only look like that before they act. Wouldn't need all that heavy armor if it didn't get a dent or two. But truly, it's in having the heart pierced that it opens to hold light.
There is wisdom in what you say and I have been wondering why I want to have this image, but I guess I just love so many warriors, and I hate suffering so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)