Which book would you recommend to prepare herbal medicine? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I plenty of dock, heal-all, and plaintain (broad and narrow leaf) right now, with more plants coming soon, I just don't know how to prepare them or what they are good for. Is there a single book which tells what they are good for and how to prepare and administer them?

Thank you!

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I've been trying to think through the various books I have to recommend one. The thing is, when I'm dealing with herbs, I think it safe to have at least three. Each by a different author. So if you are unfamiliar with an herb, you can get a well rounded profile of it, of contra indications, or different perspectives, etc.
Generally speaking, most of the herb books I have give a basic preparation instruction in the front.

I'm pretty excited as an acquaintance of mine has Motherwort she's going to let me harvest. I need to do a little research though as I don't have as much experience with fresh herb. I tend to just get dried because of simplicity and storage. And the preparation of fresh is slightly different.

For a start up, you could look up YouTube videos by Susun Weed as she often has short videos teaching you about the plants around her house and simple preparation as well. :) I'm pretty sure she's gone over dock and plantain at least.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)