Where Are the Protest Songs (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
During times of great unrest, essays, poems, and songs have been written. These days, we can add memes. Living in the USA, my experience is with our history, but there is just as much from other places. In the revolutionary war, the British solders had Yankee Doodle Dandy to mock the colonial soldiers, but these new Americans turned it around and adopted it as their own. During the times of slavery, spirituals were sung by the slaves, and in our civil war, two anthems stood out - Battle Hymn of the Republic and Dixie.

Moving forward to my teens and early 20s, there were protests, marches, and riots over the Viet Nam war. Many songs came from this period. Ironically, one of them was Ohio, written by Neil Young that was about protesting students being killed by the National Guard at Kent State University. This song was banned on many radio stations. I said it was ironic.

A couple of weeks ago, while listening to a Del Bigtree podcast, I heard a young man, Brad Skistimas, sing some of his songs, and I was blown away. It got me to thinking - we are in a war right now, maybe not a shooting war, but a war nonetheless. It is dividing families, cities, states - brother against brother - as in the civil war. Once I started asking the question about the protest songs, friends sent me more examples. Kid Rock has a new one - We the people. I discovered Shawn Cole through the Canadian trucker videos, and his song, We the People.

If you all know more, please add them. In the mean time, here is a new one from Five Times August - Anti-Fascist Blues.

This one still is my favorite - I did order the t-shirt and will send a photo when it arrives - I know I will look mahvahlous!

• Thank you!
Reactions: June and Bert

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Cool thread idea.

One of my favourite alternative channels / newssites Nuoviso (also with a twin site renamed 'Nuoflix' for their videos) does a chart show for artists every few months and even a mock Eurovision Song Contest once per year. Many of the entries did also kind of protest songs of course, although there were also silly amateur entries and some imv not musically good, but some others were.

Unfortunately most are in German so I can't post most of them. Here is the list:

However, here is one English example that I remembered. It is even featuring Ole Dammgard who I assume is known as a Truther round here also (He gives talks on false flags iirc). Yes, and he is a musician and plays guitar.

Here is some American music acts. Some are a bit too US centered and 'patriotic' for my taste but the message often is still good.

I love the toilet paper zombies of this one, true depiction of what happened in spring 2020:

Since Linda already mentioned it here is the video by Kid Rock:

Most here might not be into Hip Hop / Rap (I am not either), but this rapper has by now quite some following -even among non-rapfans- for speaking the truth. Here's some examples:

• Winner
Reactions: Linda

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
One of my favourites, too. What a talent!

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Cool thread idea.

One of my favourite alternative channels / newssites Nuoviso (also with a twin site renamed 'Nuoflix' for their videos) does a chart show for artists every few months and even a mock Eurovision Song Contest once per year. Many of the entries did also kind of protest songs of course, although there were also silly amateur entries and some imv not musically good, but some others were.

Unfortunately most are in German so I can't post most of them. Here is the list:

However, here is one English example that I remembered. It is even featuring Ole Dammgard who I assume is known as a Truther round here also (He gives talks on false flags iirc). Yes, and he is a musician and plays guitar.

Here is some American music acts. Some are a bit too US centered and 'patriotic' for my taste but the message often is still good.

I love the toilet paper zombies of this one, true depiction of what happened in spring 2020:

Since Linda already mentioned it here is the video by Kid Rock:

Most here might not be into Hip Hop / Rap (I am not either), but this rapper has by now quite some following -even among non-rapfans- for speaking the truth. Here's some examples:

I still enjoy listening to the German language, especially in song (both new and old music); so feel free to post a couple of your favourites here. There are those of us who will appreciate it.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I still enjoy listening to the German language, especially in song (both new and old music); so feel free to post a couple of your favourites here. There are those of us who will appreciate it.
But in this case I thought that the lyrics/text is relevant. Anyway, I found this one not from Nuoviso but from Xavier Naidoo who is actually a very famous soul singer for many years in my country with critical acclaim. I think his voice and singing is absolutely fantastic although I don't listen to soul music that much.

In recent years though he got into the crosshairs of the 'mainstream' since he is also a truther. Andreas Gabalier is the same although I never followed his work.

So here is an example of two 'rock stars' from my country. Cannot use the google translator since the lyrics can't be recognized sufficiently as it is in a dialect. Anyway, you might grasp the meaning well enough maybe. (Sorry not time to translate it myself now).

The song is called "A Meinung Ham" and that means "To have an opinion" or also "To take a stand". It is of course a song for freedom of speech and refers to anything going on right now but not just the plandemic (song is from spring 2020 , so it might refer to it too).

Here is the funny translation from Googletranslate:

To take a stand

Where is that?
Wos is des bloß

Where does that come from
Wo kummt des her

New time, new country
Neue Zeit, neues Land

Where is this going?
Wo führt des hin?
How can that be
Wie kann des sein

That a couple of people
Dass a poar Leut

belief to know
Glauben zu wissen

What a country so wild
Wos a Land so wü
Is that the point of a democracy?
Is des der Sinne einer Demokratie?

That ana wos sogt and the others san stü
Dass ana wos sogt und die andern san stü
A opinion ham stand behind it
A Meinung ham, dahinter stehn

Walk the path from beginning to end
Den Weg vom Anfang zu Ende gehen

If you must allan
Wenn sei muaß ganz allan

Stand up there
Do oben stehn

So today, with a rock-solid opinion
Heute so, mit felsenfester Meinung

But if it doesn't work out
Doch wenns ned aufgeht

Is tomorrow cana do
Is morgen kana do
But at some point the point will come
Doch irgendwann kummt dann der Punkt

When it's enough, it's going to be z'vü
Wo's am reicht, dann wird's z'vü

Then look at them with really big eyes
Dann schauns die an, mit ganz großen Augen

When ana stands up and says what he thinks
Wenn ana aufsteht und sagt was er si denkt

If you must allan
Wenn sei muaß ganz allan

Stand up there
Do oben stehn

See the world with your own eyes
Die Welt mit eigenen Augen sehn

Ned ollas believe what a couple talk like that
Ned ollas glauben wos a poar so red'n

If you must allan
Wenn sei muaß ganz allan

Stand up there
Do oben stehn

And before I forget. Here is the performance:

Just as an example (since it was not one of his songs) here is another song from him where he partly sings in English at the beginning (no protest song though, it's a beautiful love song). Name of the song is "I don't know anything that is as beautiful as you"

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
But in this case I thought that the lyrics/text is relevant. Anyway, I found this one not from Nuoviso but from Xavier Naidoo who is actually a very famous soul singer for many years in my country with critical acclaim. I think his voice and singing is absolutely fantastic although I don't listen to soul music that much.

In recent years though he got into the crosshairs of the 'mainstream' since he is also a truther. Andreas Gabalier is the same although I never followed his work.

So here is an example of two 'rock stars' from my country. Cannot use the google translator since the lyrics can't be recognized sufficiently as it is in a dialect. Anyway, you might grasp the meaning well enough maybe. (Sorry not time to translate it myself now).

The song is called "A Meinung Ham" and that means "To have an opinion" or also "To take a stand". It is of course a song for freedom of speech and refers to anything going on right now but not just the plandemic (song is from spring 2020 , so it might refer to it too).

Here is the funny translation from Googletranslate:

To take a stand

Where is that?
Wos is des bloß

Where does that come from
Wo kummt des her

New time, new country
Neue Zeit, neues Land

Where is this going?
Wo führt des hin?
How can that be
Wie kann des sein

That a couple of people
Dass a poar Leut

belief to know
Glauben zu wissen

What a country so wild
Wos a Land so wü
Is that the point of a democracy?
Is des der Sinne einer Demokratie?

That ana wos sogt and the others san stü
Dass ana wos sogt und die andern san stü

If you must allan
Wenn sei muaß ganz allan

Stand up there
Do oben stehn

So today, with a rock-solid opinion
Heute so, mit felsenfester Meinung

But if it doesn't work out
Doch wenns ned aufgeht

Is tomorrow cana do
Is morgen kana do
But at some point the point will come
Doch irgendwann kummt dann der Punkt

When it's enough, it's going to be z'vü
Wo's am reicht, dann wird's z'vü

Then look at them with really big eyes
Dann schauns die an, mit ganz großen Augen

When ana stands up and says what he thinks
Wenn ana aufsteht und sagt was er si denkt

If you must allan
Wenn sei muaß ganz allan

Stand up there
Do oben stehn

If you must allan
Wenn sei muaß ganz allan

Stand up there
Do oben stehn

And before I forget. Here is the performance:

Just as an example (since it was not one of his songs) here is another song from him where he partly sings in English at the beginning (no protest song though, it's a beautiful love song). Name of the song is "I don't know anything that is as beautiful as you"

Thank you for your time in posting, Sinera. Both were very enjoyable. Music transcends, don't you think?

• I agree
Reactions: June and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)