What's your blood type? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

What's your blood type?

• Total voters

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
Just read the thread concerning DNA testing. Then, the thought of blood types popped into my head as they are a part of who we are and hint at where our roots came from on earth.

OP
Brian

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
I'm O+. It's nice to know that I could donate my blood to pretty much anyone. But I guess I'm a bit picky if I ever need some blood. :p

Reactions: Anne

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
I always just assumed I was O+, but after finding out some info from my mother & husband, I am actually wondering if I might be O-

Of all the blood tests I've ever had though I don't recall actually seeing it anywhere lol. Do they automatically test for blood type with tests or not?? Perhaps that might have to be the next test I take hahaha

Reactions: Brian and Stargazer

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
I always just assumed I was O+, but after finding out some info from my mother & husband, I am actually wondering if I might be O-

Of all the blood tests I've ever had though I don't recall actually seeing it anywhere lol. Do they automatically test for blood type with tests or not?? Perhaps that might have to be the next test I take hahaha

they ought to be testing it at child birth because of the rh- that might cause a problem ;)
so maybe you have it noted down somewhere in your pregnancy or birth papers ... if not you could call your doctor whom you went to during pregnancy for checkups and ask if he knows...

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
they ought to be testing it at child birth because of the rh- that might cause a problem ;)
so maybe you have it noted down somewhere in your pregnancy or birth papers ... if not you could call your doctor whom you went to during pregnancy for checkups and ask if he knows...
That's what I thought, but I never saw it anywhere! Lol. Plus, my husband is under the impression that he is O- too, so if that's the case & I am as well, then our children would likely be neg also which would never have shown as incompatible (so no need for anti D shot). Very curious. I do plan to ask my doctor though, I just don't go unless absolutely necessary :/

Reactions: Stargazer

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
same here lol I avoid going to the doc whenever possible :D

when both of you are O negative then all your children definitely are 100% O negative... the + is the dominant gene and the - the recessive one... same as with the O, that one is recessive whilst A and B are dominant genes :)

OP
Brian

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
That's what I thought, but I never saw it anywhere! Lol. Plus, my husband is under the impression that he is O- too, so if that's the case & I am as well, then our children would likely be neg also which would never have shown as incompatible (so no need for anti D shot). Very curious. I do plan to ask my doctor though, I just don't go unless absolutely necessary :/
Lol. I wasn't sure about my blood type for the longest time. But, another way to find out is through donation. I donated with the Red Cross when they came by and found out afterwards.

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Lol. I wasn't sure about my blood type for the longest time. But, another way to find out is through donation. I donated with the Red Cross when they came by and found out afterwards.
I thought about that too but they won't actually let me donate as I'm anaemic lol.

Reactions: Brian

Tammy Kilgore

Lover of the the Light
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Pontiac, Illinois (USA)
I wish I knew mine!!

I actually called my doctor to retrieve this info as I've had a gazillion blood tests over the years. I was told they don't test for this unless requested. I was scratching my head-so if you needed a transfusion and were in a terrible accident my this sort of thing wouldn't be able to just be pulled up?

However it's been a while since I have been pregnant. But I KNOW they tested this back then because my mother had that RH factor when she was pregnant with me and I recall her being concerned that it may happen to me. I just can't remember the results.

In the US they do test for the RH factor. Mine was done so long ago ( my youngest is 15) I just can't remember the results. And my OB moved. I need to find a way...lol

Reactions: Stargazer and Brian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)