What's living in your belly button? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
What's living in your belly button? Have you ever wondered what this? Well, this national geographic article below reports on the findings of Rob Dunn and his team of ecologists.

"From 60 belly buttons, the team found 2,368 bacterial species, 1,458 of which may be new to science." (...) "Another, more fragrant individual, who hadn't washed in several years, hosted two species of so-called extremophile bacteria that typically thrive in ice caps and thermal vents." (...) ""The idea that some aspects of our bodies are like a rain forest—to me it's quite beautiful," he added. "And it makes sense to me as an ecologist. I understand what steps to take next; I can see how that works." Source: https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/11/121114-belly-button-bacteria-science-health-dunn/

Does this make you want to put some more attention into cleaning and clearing your belly button? :-Ds

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I'd like to run a pendulum over that extremophile bacteria, but might have to wear a clip on my nose to do it!

Reactions: Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)