What would be required for the world to give up a money system? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
What would be required if the world were to totally give up any money system? Changing the name to "credits", "bitcoin", or any other name, or just using gold or silver or some other substance, is still a money system. Some people will have more, some will have less. So what would have to be done to get rid of a money system totally?
  1. Do we need super cheap, clean power? (1% of less of current cost.)
  2. Do we actually need the ability to create anything with our mind, like a house, chair, food?
  3. What else would we need?

Reactions: Alain and Laron

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
can shift really force ppl to change?
I believe that if some of the less desirable influences no longer were so strong, then people might have the space to lift up their heads and look around. All they have to do is start asking why......

Reactions: Alain and Lotos

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
If there was no longer any money in transaction, then I would want to get and give strokes....

OP
therium

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
The will do do it is all...
But most people aren't willing to put a lot of work into making something and giving it away for free, especially if others won't give them necessities for free, and they can't get their necessities themselves. I simply don't have the room to grow enough food for my family.

So would we have to be able to just make things with our minds? Or would we have to start with a Ubuntu community like Michael Tellinger mentions? He calls it "Philosophy of Contributionism" where people contribute things without expecting payment. But on one hand this philosophy would seem to severely discourage people from contributing more complex manufactured items. Why make and contribute a chair when someone can contribute a wooden spoon and get the same necessities for less work?

This philosophy would need a massive social change where people go from expecting something for giving, to expecting nothing for giving. I'd estimate most people are hung up on their old ways and are unwilling to change, they are unwilling to be trail blazers in some way, perhaps because they don't understand it, and giving without expectations is a completely foreign concept to them, and fear of the unknown rules their reality.

See Ubuntu Planet site. Odd that I just found this site yesterday just days after I posted this idea. Introducing this idea must be one plan for me, I find the idea oddly interesting. Perhaps because I have been giving without expectations.

I'm just trying to think about this out loud.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pucksterguy
T

thesmileyone

To answer the question, really...instant manifestation.

I have often thought the path to enlightenment for people stuck in the reincarnation cycle could exist in 2 ways.

Buddhism etc teach not to put value into things. By depriving yourself of all attachments you become enlightened.

I have often wondered if...if the law of attraction was instant, and you could have everything you ever wanted, on demand, instantly, you would get bored after a period of time...to the point where you no longer want attachments because you can have them whenever you want...and you become enlightened.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
But most people aren't willing to put a lot of work into making something and giving it away for free, especially if others won't give them necessities for free, and they can't get their necessities themselves. I simply don't have the room to grow enough food for my family.

So would we have to be able to just make things with our minds? Or would we have to start with a Ubuntu community like Michael Tellinger mentions? He calls it "Philosophy of Contributionism" where people contribute things without expecting payment. But on one hand this philosophy would seem to severely discourage people from contributing more complex manufactured items. Why make and contribute a chair when someone can contribute a wooden spoon and get the same necessities for less work?

This philosophy would need a massive social change where people go from expecting something for giving, to expecting nothing for giving. I'd estimate most people are hung up on their old ways and are unwilling to change, they are unwilling to be trail blazers in some way, perhaps because they don't understand it, and giving without expectations is a completely foreign concept to them, and fear of the unknown rules their reality.

See Ubuntu Planet site. Odd that I just found this site yesterday just days after I posted this idea. Introducing this idea must be one plan for me, I find the idea oddly interesting. Perhaps because I have been giving without expectations.

I'm just trying to think about this out loud.
I've been knitting blankets and giving them away for 3 years now. I don't expect payment, since I already know I'm making them as a charitable item. The whole point is, to live without a chip on your shoulder, to contribute and give, and not to have a rigid list of requirements/demands in return. To trust innateness while making effort which does not necessarily follow a credit/debit ledger system is a big evolutionary step. But if we don't start making those steps, that evolution is not going to happen. You have to be prepared to do without, but then you receive sometimes in ways you hadn't imagined.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
But on one hand this philosophy would seem to severely discourage people from contributing more complex manufactured items. Why make and contribute a chair when someone can contribute a wooden spoon and get the same necessities for less work?
The solution is barter. "I'll fix your sink if you fix my boat." It's an age old system of values where everybody knows, intuitively. What a fixed sink is worth. Prob based on time and effort involved. Everybody gets back what they put in. So if you wanna take the time to make complicated widgets that should be worth a couple of cows. A spoon will buy you a look.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I'm sure you're right, PG, in terms of transactions, but what I am getting at, and I think Therium is pointing to, is that in the nature of duality, things gravitate to a have/have not system, it would only be a matter of time. The evolution that needs to happen is towards a Unity way of thinking/feeling, in which win/win solutions are found for everything. And this can only start to occur when people don't get their backs up/have resentment over simple matters. "I made the best broccoli and egg tart, and all I get is a measly marigold window box in return" type of griping.

People really have to evolve to a loving platform of being where they don't dip down into petty jealousies, or Gotta-keep-ahead-of-the-Joneses type mentality. I mean, would you really go down and spend 15 hours scraping down the bottom of your neighbour's boat, and not complain if there was nothing in return? That's the stage we all need to arrive at - losing expectations 100% - but when you actually start doing it, you see that things do start flowing back towards you, just not what your more puny mind had thought of, because the Universe is expansive and we don't really fill up that much space in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pucksterguy

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
I don't know, look at PC software operating systems like linux and bsd unix, most of them are free, I believe most internet servers run on linux. People contribute to these systems and not all expect payment.

https://www.ubuntu.com/

Don't forget open source software either, these are all freely available to be used on your PC desktop/laptop.

https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source

Last edited:
Reactions: Lotos

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
The solution is barter. "I'll fix your sink if you fix my boat." It's an age old system of values where everybody knows, intuitively. What a fixed sink is worth. Prob based on time and effort involved. Everybody gets back what they put in. So if you wanna take the time to make complicated widgets that should be worth a couple of cows. A spoon will buy you a look.
return before the kazarian mafia introduced all their ideas it can be said so

NextBeing

Involved Wayfarer
Oct 9, 2018
east sussex UK
Perhaps a radical shift in our perception of 'what is real' is what is required.
Would the world change if it was announced in some official capacity that the Near Death Experience is indeed a glimpse of a real, freestanding environment that exists and is where conscious awareness ends up after the mortal engine wears out?
If we all knew that there were real consequences to our actions in this life, would it cause a shift in behaviour I wonder.
I’m a keen follower of this research and many Doctors and researchers of this phenomena are now saying exactly that – our personal awareness of self is not extinguished at physical death.
Dr Raymond Moody has a new website that may interest some of you guys.
The subject of his latest newsletters have been child NDE’s. The title of his newsletter this week which comes, I think, from a comment made by a child experiencer, is “You have to tell all the old people”.

This following is the content of the newsletter and more can be found on his website.
“Because if what happened to me was real, then you have to tell all the old people.”
In 1988, I met Dr. Melvin Morse, a paediatrician who cared deeply about his patients. Melvin began to hear about unusual experiences from the children he resuscitated.
Eight-year old Chris E., for example, explained that he went to animal heaven, and then human heaven, encountered a bumblebee who gave him bread, heard heavenly music and then returned to his body.
“But was it real, Dr. Morse?” Chris asked.
Inspired by the eight-year old’s question, Melvin pursued years of scientific, peer reviewed research. The results were published in medical journals and popular books, including the bestselling Closer to the Light in which he shares his groundbreaking investigation into paediatric near-death experiences.
After years of inquiry, Melvin is now convinced that, indeed, NDEs are real. Grateful for Chris E.’s question many years ago, Melvin hopes to tell all the old people why.
On January 8, 2019 from 7-8 pm ET, Melvin and I will be in conversation about the scientific research and NDE accounts that have led to his conclusion.
Discover what children see when they see heaven. And, if you have the chance, tell a few old people about it.
Thank you, my friends,
Dr. Raymond Moody

Reactions: Alain
OP
therium

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
If we all knew that there were real consequences to our actions in this life, would it cause a shift in behaviour I wonder.
For most people, I think it would not. I think current observations are very clear about this. Most people don't really think of the future. This is a big reason for the problems of today. CEOs rape a company to meet metrics so they can get bonuses, and leave the company in a few years, regardless of the consequences of their being short sighted. The same applies to pollution. Companies pollute to save money and increase profits and just let the next CEO deal with it. Most people cannot think of the future because, neuroscientists would say, they lack "executive brain functions", one of which is the ability to think ahead and see the consequences of their (in)actions. Some may argue that thinking ahead is a teachable skill, that may be... for some people but not for others. One can't get blood from a turnip and if the brain structures are not there for executive functions, they just aren't there, and no amount of teaching or training will change that.

Potential is limited partly based on genes. I will never be an olympic athlete no matter how much funding or training I get, and I'm fine with that. And some people will simply never be able to think ahead, no matter how much training they get. That is the unpleasant truth people avoid talking about.

Still, I think there is more potential for change if the change comes from within a person. If a person doesn't want to change, they won't.

I did have an NDE when I was about 2 years old. That's one reason I believe in this metaphysical stuff. If another person never had an NDE and experienced what I did, they would have a hard time believing in what I believe in. Experiences shape our opinion. But I had to have many more things happen to me to get me to believe.

T

thesmileyone

It's not totally the CEO's fault. A CEO job description is to make the shareholders more money. It's their fiscal responsibility for that company to make money no matter how. If a CEO identifies a way but it's not 100% ethical so he decided to not do it, he would be fired and another CEO appointed and forced to do it. People love to blame CEO's but people don't actually seem to understand what a CEO functions as.

< owns 2 companies, for context.

NextBeing

Involved Wayfarer
Oct 9, 2018
east sussex UK
It's not totally the CEO's fault. A CEO job description is to make the shareholders more money. It's their fiscal responsibility for that company to make money no matter how. If a CEO identifies a way but it's not 100% ethical so he decided to not do it, he would be fired and another CEO appointed and forced to do it. People love to blame CEO's but people don't actually seem to understand what a CEO functions as.

< owns 2 companies, for context.
I agree. CEO's are unaware of the big picture OR perhaps better put, they don't see anything they do will have negative consequences to them directly because they don't understand the apparent situation our planet is now in as described in the following interview...
https://www.rebelwisdom.co.uk/8-posts/58-humanity-s-phase-shift-with-daniel-schmachtenberger

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
For most people, I think it would not. I think current observations are very clear about this. Most people don't really think of the future. This is a big reason for the problems of today. CEOs rape a company to meet metrics so they can get bonuses, and leave the company in a few years, regardless of the consequences of their being short sighted. The same applies to pollution. Companies pollute to save money and increase profits and just let the next CEO deal with it. Most people cannot think of the future because, neuroscientists would say, they lack "executive brain functions", one of which is the ability to think ahead and see the consequences of their (in)actions. Some may argue that thinking ahead is a teachable skill, that may be... for some people but not for others. One can't get blood from a turnip and if the brain structures are not there for executive functions, they just aren't there, and no amount of teaching or training will change that.

Potential is limited partly based on genes. I will never be an olympic athlete no matter how much funding or training I get, and I'm fine with that. And some people will simply never be able to think ahead, no matter how much training they get. That is the unpleasant truth people avoid talking about.

Still, I think there is more potential for change if the change comes from within a person. If a person doesn't want to change, they won't.

I did have an NDE when I was about 2 years old. That's one reason I believe in this metaphysical stuff. If another person never had an NDE and experienced what I did, they would have a hard time believing in what I believe in. Experiences shape our opinion. But I had to have many more things happen to me to get me to believe.
One of the ways to think ahead (or outside the box, such as in metaphysics) is not to have a strong need for linear thinking. It is possible in this life to meet yourself - the script writer! What I mean by that is, when you start to become consciously aware and realise you are writing the script, you can see earlier (younger) versions of yourself running on a treadmill of life, and then review what it is that made you get off it - oh yes, you wrote the script so that something came up that made you stop, consider, and re-evaluate.

Now what that thing may be is open to what 7 billion plus imaginations may come up with! And when you really get going, you find yourself meeting these moments nearly every day. Meaning, you start to see the structure within the works. And you can start smiling at yourself, and forgiving yourself at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)