What is the Sacred Plant, used for chronic diseases? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
This 7 part series discusses "The Sacred Plant" which has been used for many diseases over the course of history. In the series experts, patients and other advocates discuss the use of this plant for conditions as diverse as cancer, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, chronic pain and other inflammatory, antimicrobial and neurologic conditions. The co-evolution of this plant with humans, who used it both for health and sacred reasons, is reviewed in some detail. Also discussed is how human physiology has receptors all over the body and an internal system based on the multiple medically active compounds found in this plant. The economics of plant medicines and barriers to their use are also discussed as well as some fascinating history.
Perhaps the most touching is following the story of a Princeton professor who is desperate to obtain some to help with her lung cancer which had spread into her brain or the hospice patient that was fired:ROFL:

Now comes the fun part: Can you guess the plant? Fun facts from the series:
It was used to make the paper on which the US Declaration of Independence + the Constitution were printed.
The original Ford Model T was made from its fibers and ran on fuel made from this planto_O
In the late 17 century, US taxes could be paid with this plant!
A bit later, some New World farmers were required to grow it and all American "founding fathers" farmed it.
Then, in 1937 the US renamed and taxed this plant. Renaming it played was pivotal because, initially, the AMA didn't recognize the new name and so did not protest the tax soon enough to prevent it. There are some great historic pics of posters vilifying it.

Episodes 5 + 6 give instructions on DIY 'how-to's to make your own medicine.

The series is available for a short time only, so watch it quick!
Episode 1 can be found here: https://thesacredplant.com/docuseries/episode1/
The name of the plant is revealed at about 20 minutes for those who want a quick answer;)

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Didn't know it was used as paper for the Declaration and Constitution, which is really funny these days.

Glo

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 24, 2017
Arkansas
Hmmmm rice. ?? I was gonna say Cannabis till you wrote the paper thing. HEHE I can see our "founding fathers" farming it!! :-D

Reactions: June and Stargazer

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I don't know much about it but I say Hemp, it has Cannabis in it I'm sure and......it's legal. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Hemp and marijuana are in the same species, but hemp has very low levels of THC, and you can't get high from it. For many years hemp was used for all sorts of things because it produces strong, soft fibers. Unfortunately, in the 1970s it was lumped in with marijuana as a controlled substance. I think it still is illegal to grow in the US.

Reactions: Stargazer

Sam Vause

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Hemp and marijuana are in the same species, but hemp has very low levels of THC, and you can't get high from it. For many years hemp was used for all sorts of things because it produces strong, soft fibers. Unfortunately, in the 1970s it was lumped in with marijuana as a controlled substance. I think it still is illegal to grow in the US.
Lately, there has been Very Good News, indeed: now, 33 states allow hemp production.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/agriculture-and-rural-development/state-industrial-hemp-statutes.aspx

upload_2017-8-2_0-48-53.png

OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Yes, marijuana is the plant in question. As Linda says, hemp is of the same species so we can truthfully say (with a giggle if you see it that way, perhaps w a scowl and a stout denial if you don't) that the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence were written on paper made of a substance which was later banned.
Who needs comedians when comedy is so readily available?

I was also really interested to discover that the name was changed to marijuana to make it sound foreign, w the thought that it would be then easier to convince people that it was worthy of being made illegal. Apparently, the 2 most common Spanish names 'Maria' and 'Juan' were used for the renaming.
Ain't life grand!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)