What is Portraiture? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Portraiture is about having a strong focus on the artistic representation of a person, in which the face and its expression is predominant. The intent is to display the likeness, personality, and even the mood of the person. This can take place in a painting, photograph, sculpture, or other artistic representation.

Embroidery artist Sheena Liam produces unique portraiture. Over the past year she's stunned the craft world by creating hair braids with embroidery thread that add a 3D affect to her 2D stitched females.

Here's some examples of her work below.

You can find Sheena Liam's Instagram with more examples of her work here: https://www.instagram.com/times.new.romance/.

Reactions: Anaeika and Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
You're kind. This is sort of like a caricature, only more realistic.

I had my picture taken in art class in junior high, where we got to do whatever in the picture to doll up how we wanted. Then we would draw and paint it. I believe I still have it. I never finished, but I thought I did all right with sketching my face.
I'll post it later tonight if I can find it.

I wonder how I would do myself now....

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Very creative. I think I would create one w a colorful unicorn w long rainbow hair.

Reactions: Alain and Laron

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Okay. I did find it, but my art wasn't as good as I remembered it. Haha. However, i will share the cute Angela picture that came from it! Haha
15382652018871561025335.jpg

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Okay. I did find it, but my art wasn't as good as I remembered it.
When I first saw this I was really tempted to find some small strands from string, print that photo off, attach the string for your hair, and post a photo of my artwork here but then realized it may be a bit creepy. :-D

Reactions: Anaeika and Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
When I first saw this I was really tempted to find some small strands from string, print that photo off, attach the string for your hair, and post a photo of my artwork here but then realized it may be a bit creepy. :-D
A smidge, i think.

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I once did a self-portrait of myself standing naked under a waterfall in NZ. This got framed and given away many years ago. I wonder where it is now?

Reactions: Laron and Anaeika

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)