Article What Is My Soul Purpose or Mission? - Spirit-inspired Article by Brad Austen (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
The pursuit to find your soul purpose or mission is something spiritual seekers often ask themselves about from time to time, or early on in their awakening. The truth is that our soul purpose is always evolving and evolves with us along our journey. With time speeding up, or at least our perception of it, everything is accelerating. What may resonate with you as your truth today may not necessarily do so tomorrow.

If you view life as a circle rather than a linear straight line, our path is constantly being recycled or refined. The feeling of deja vu is where we get the sense that we've had this same conversation with someone or experienced a situation before. This is the part of our soul that recognizes this as a synchronicity, or that we've visited this before sometime in this life, or another.

I have been living my soul purpose for about 14 years now. This year of 2020 is a year of 'completion', and I am generally feeling satisfied and complete. The well-known Star Trek phrase 'Beam me up Scotty' can feel appropriate at these times. This doesn't necessarily mean that my soul purpose is complete, or that my life is over, it just means that now is a good time to reflect, take stock and have a think about how to proceed in moving forward.

Just as the planet goes through cycles and seasons, so do we in our lifetimes. We have a time when we are a newborn, become a child, a teenager, then an adult and senior. Hopefully somewhere along the journey we also, from our experiences, become more spiritually mature and wise. However, if we need to repeat certain lessons, there is always another opportunity.

Throughout my adult life, I have been very focused on my spiritual growth with the intention to master my life lessons as they present themselves. People's lives on Earth can be about many things and interests, depending upon their focus and level of consciousness. Truly, we never stop learning; there is always more to learn, experience and absorb.

It doesn't matter if you make mistakes; we all do. Often it's the people who are brave enough to live boldly, make many mistakes or have many knock backs, who really go places in life. It can be helpful to view any perceived mistakes simply as life lessons. God or spirit doesn't want to punish us and only wants to help us be the highest version of ourselves. Part of this global shift is a shift away from service to self, towards service to others. Obviously, we need a balance of the two to live a balanced life. We need to have self-care and compassion towards ourselves so we can be the best version of ourselves, before we can assist others.

If you find yourself to be a little lost during Covid and this time of great awakening, it is natural to feel this way. It can seem to be all doom and gloom, but really this is just a smoke screen. If you are unsure of your soul purpose or mission, ask yourself, 'What do I enjoy?', 'What are my interests?' Many people have taken their interests and turned them into small or large businesses. Many people have taken their interests and made the world a better place in some way, creating a positive ripple throughout the world. Each day you wake up, ask yourself, 'What do I want to do today?' 'What do I wish to create, or experience?' This can start the ball rolling on your path to find your soul purpose or to refine it in some way.

Copyright Brad Austen 2020
https://www.mindful-meditations.com

Brad is an intuitive writer, channel, spiritual and meditation teacher and recording artist. He is passionate about writing and producing guided meditations to aid relaxation, healing and spiritual growth.

Last edited:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The well-known Star Trek phrase 'Beam me up Scotty' can feel appropriate at these times. This doesn't necessarily mean that my soul purpose is complete, or that my life is over, it just means that now is a good time to reflect, take stock and have a think about how to proceed in moving forward.
A perfect example of how so many of us are feeling - something is over and something is beginning. Yet, we are confused as to what it means in our lives. Great suggestions here. Thanks, Brad.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I like that idea of our soul purpose evolving and getting different answers from time to time. I have found this resonates well.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Hi Brad, what were the top 3 best life lessons you learned, or that helped you the most?

Reactions: Tania
OP
Brad

Brad

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
Hi Brad, what were the top 3 best life lessons you learned, or that helped you the most?
Thanks for the question. i guess everyone's life lessons are unique to them, but there can be similar themes with everyone..

Some that come to mind, that I've been working on recently or in the past..

Everyone has value, but don't compare yourself to others.

Everyone's journey is unique, it doesn't matter if others don't understand yours.

What other people think of me is none of my business. Everyone will have an opinion about you, but it's just that, an opinion - it doesn't define your essence.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Everyone has value, but don't compare yourself to others.

Everyone's journey is unique, it doesn't matter if others don't understand yours.

What other people think of me is none of my business. Everyone will have an opinion about you, but it's just that, an opinion - it doesn't define your essence.
That's exactly what I learned! Wow!

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Okay, that's interesting, but perhaps not surprising for old souls.
That's the weird part. I don't consider myself an old soul considering what I had to learn in this life. But then again, I have been guilty about making incorrect asumptions about "soul maturity" before. That is, there was one issue where I considered myself less mature than others around me. But then again, there were a bunch of other things where, after many years of observation of others, I consider myself a bit more of an older soul. In the end, I don't think there is a very good definition of "old soul".

Curioser and curioser.

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Everything is energy
Time is a construct
Expand your safe zone
There is strength in vulnerability
chronology only exist in hindsight
Responsibility is active
Find your autonomous voice

OP
Brad

Brad

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
That's the weird part. I don't consider myself an old soul considering what I had to learn in this life. But then again, I have been guilty about making incorrect asumptions about "soul maturity" before. That is, there was one issue where I considered myself less mature than others around me. But then again, there were a bunch of other things where, after many years of observation of others, I consider myself a bit more of an older soul. In the end, I don't think there is a very good definition of "old soul".

Curioser and curioser.
One way of looking at, can be described in this metaphor. We all have made progress at different points on a mountain. The mountain represents our spiritual growth or ascension. On one mountain we may be further along or at a higher point than some others. However, there are many mountains. While we may have mastered something in one area of our lives, others may have mastered something we haven't yet. So in a nutshell, I agree it can be hard to define an old soul. Evolution is never-ending and ongoing. I feel that people that are attracted to this forum could be considered an old soul.

• I agree
Reactions: therium and Alain

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
One way of looking at, can be described in this metaphor. We all have made progress at different points on a mountain. The mountain represents our spiritual growth or ascension. On one mountain we may be further along or at a higher point than some others. However, there are many mountains. While we may have mastered something in one area of our lives, others may have mastered something we haven't yet. So in a nutshell, I agree it can be hard to define an old soul. Evolution is never-ending and ongoing. I feel that people that are attracted to this forum could be considered an old soul.
To make things a bit more intriguing. I think you can be an old earth soul which means you are experienced in the earth plane but you can also come from elsewhere. Then you can be an old soul but new to the ways of the earth. I think a lot of us on this forum are the latter.

If I look at myself and people that interst me. We have a certain inner peace, are not alway too adapted to the rat race, we ask questions and have a strong feeling of souvereignity and make our own decissions,...

reading all this makes me curious on how an evaluation is done after the earth life and how you look back on your life.

PSI also learned your 3 life lessons but living by them isn't always easy. trying to do good means also having self evaluation but the self critique needs to be kept in check ;-)

OP
Brad

Brad

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
To make things a bit more intriguing. I think you can be an old earth soul which means you are experienced in the earth plane but you can also come from elsewhere. Then you can be an old soul but new to the ways of the earth. I think a lot of us on this forum are the latter.

If I look at myself and people that interst me. We have a certain inner peace, are not alway too adapted to the rat race, we ask questions and have a strong feeling of souvereignity and make our own decissions,...

reading all this makes me curious on how an evaluation is done after the earth life and how you look back on your life.

PSI also learned your 3 life lessons but living by them isn't always easy. trying to do good means also having self evaluation but the self critique needs to be kept in check ;-)
I agree, that is a good point. I think many people on the forum could be a star seed, but perhaps not as familiar with the Earth plane.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017

Curioser and curioser.
it is but a term

i have a lot of lessens to learn (enough years are resting lol)
i learned already a good deal of lessens
future comes like it comes ready or not it comes :)

Reactions: Tania

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
it is but a term

i have a lot of lessens to learn (enough years are resting lol)
i learned already a good deal of lessens
future comes like it comes ready or not it comes :)
Ready or not, future... here we come too :))

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

I needed to hear that, thank you. Last week my ex husband laughed about me right in my face.He doesn't try to hide it, or wait until he gets home. But the truth is, it's just an opinion, that he's been holding onto for years since we split, because of my size. He'll probably die smirking on one side of his face. When he's not around, I never think about how I appear to others.

• I agree
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Lila and Alain

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
In the end, I don't think there is a very good definition of "old soul"
I was told I was an old soul by an old guy at a hippy market in the 1970s, who was the vendor at a table of jewellery and gadgets. Reason? Because from all his wares I selected a badge for my shoulder with the Hindu representation of AUM on it. I didn't know it was AUM at the time. Perhaps that was his line with all the girls.

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
I needed to hear that, thank you. Last week my ex husband laughed about me right in my face.He doesn't try to hide it, or wait until he gets home. But the truth is, it's just an opinion, that he's been holding onto for years since we split, because of my size. He'll probably die smirking on one side of his face. When he's not around, I never think about how I appear to others.
As hard as it is - better to have made anyone laugh than cry - however much the same laugher Might make you cry.

• Love this post!
  • Compassionate
Reactions: Lila and Linda

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
as i tend to say more often than before it is the inner value that gives beauty, the soul in the body beeing the core of it

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt and Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)