What is behind the spread of a mysterious allergy to meat? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Thousands of people are developing life-threatening reactions to animal products – and a single tiny creature is to blame THE LONESTAR TICK>

By Maryn McKenna

It was early morning in early summer, and I was tracing my way through the woods of central North Carolina, steering cautiously around S-curves and braking hard when what looked like a small rise turned into a narrow bridge. I was on my way to meet Tami McGraw, who lives with her husband and the youngest of their kids in a sprawling development of old trees and wide lawns just south of Chapel Hill. Before I reached her, McGraw emailed. She wanted to feed me when I got there.

“Would you like to try emu?” she asked. “Or perhaps some duck?”
These are not normal breakfast offerings. But for years, nothing about McGraw’s life has been normal. She cannot eat beef or pork, or drink milk or eat cheese or snack on a gelatine-containing dessert without feeling her throat close and her blood pressure drop. Wearing a wool sweater raises hives on her skin; inhaling the fumes of bacon sizzling on a stove will knock her to the ground. Everywhere she goes, she carries an array of tablets that can beat back an allergy attack, and an auto-injecting EpiPen that can jolt her system out of anaphylactic shock.
McGraw is allergic to the meat of mammals and everything else that comes from them: dairy products, wool and fibre, gelatine from their hooves, char from their bones. This syndrome affects thousands of people in the US and an uncertain but likely larger number worldwide, and after a decade of research, scientists have begun to understand what causes it. It is created by the bite of a tick, picked up on a hike or brushed against in a garden, or hitchhiking on the fur of a pet that was roaming outside.

The illness, which generally goes by the name “alpha-gal allergy” after the component of meat that triggers it, is a trial that McGraw and her family are still learning to cope with. In much the same way, medicine is grappling with it, too. Allergies occur when our immune systems perceive something that ought to be familiar as foreign. For scientists, alpha-gal is forcing a remapping of basic tenets of immunology: how allergies occur, how they are triggered, whom they put in danger and when.
For those affected, alpha-gal is transforming the landscapes they live in, turning the reliable comforts of home – the plants in their gardens, the food on their plates – into an uncertain terrain of risk.

People were reacting to the drug because they had a pre-existing sensitivity, indicated by a high level of antibodies (called immunoglobulin E, or IgE for short), to a sugar that is present in the muscles of most mammals, though not in humans or other primates. The name of the sugar was galactose-alpha-1,3-galactose, known for short as alpha-gal.

Alpha-gal is familiar to many scientists because it is responsible for an enduring disappointment: its tendency to trigger intense immune reactions is the reason that organs taken from animals have never successfully been transplanted into people. The puzzle was why the drug recipients were reacting to it. To have an allergic reaction, someone needs to have been primed with a prior exposure to a substance – but the trial recipients who reacted badly were all on their first dose of cetuximab.

Team members scrutinised the patients and their families for anything that could explain the problem. The reactions appeared regional – patients in Arkansas and North Carolina and Tennessee experienced the hypersensitivity, but ones in Boston and northern California did not. They investigated parasites, moulds and diseases that occur only in pockets of the US such as rural Tennessee.

The question then became: what in rural Tennessee could trigger a reaction like this? The answer arose from a second coincidence. Dr Jacob Hosen, a researcher in Platts-Mills’s lab, stumbled across a map drawn by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showing the prevalence of an infection called Rocky Mountain spotted fever. It exactly overlapped the hot spots where the cetuximab reactions had occurred.

Rocky Mountain spotted fever is transmitted by the bite of a tick: Amblyomma americanum, one of the most common ticks in the south-eastern US. It’s known as the lone star tick because of the blotch of white that appears on the back of the female’s body.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/11/mysterious-allergy-to-meat-alpha-gal-lone-star-tick

Last edited:

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I gotta wonder if there's a spiritual component to that. As we evolve I get the impression that eating meat will be eliminated from our diets naturally. Eventually eating will be a thing of the past too. I don't know how many times I forced myself to eat jsut because my body and stomach were grumbling uncontrollably. I had "better" things to do during those times.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
What amazes me is the first woman discussed is STILL eating meat! “Would you like to try emu?” she asked. “Or perhaps some duck?”

I still miss chicken!

Reactions: Lila and Alain

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
My theory: she is more advanced spiritually and her body is rejecting "heavy" meat products.

Farmers all over the world routinely feed their meat animals corn and other products that contain Roundup. But I haven't found any research that suggests the Roundup ends up in the meat at the store. These same farmers also have a lot more problems with their animals, and a lot more stomach problems in the animals too, or general weakness.

Reactions: Carl

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
I'm still eating meat, so maybe that's why I'm not very spiritual? My diet is pretty trashy anyway, always has been since I was a child, the list of foods which I do not like is quite long.

The missing factor in these 'strange' illnesses that are happening are miasms, nearly everybody has at least one, if not two or all three of the main ones. People living in a particular area will probably have a similar miasmic makeup. So in different places you will get different reactions to the same trigger, eg, a tick bite.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
At first I only read what was posted in this forum but I just read some more. Looks like this strange allergy is caused by a tick bite.
Yes Therium. Now whilst I am willing to admit that ticks are just as close to Source as humans and play their part in the Divine plan, on one level, I felt it important that people know. That this knowledge is out there.

It is a very long read and I think I will change or add to the title so that TICKS are known. Thanks Therium.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
My theory: she is more advanced spiritually and her body is rejecting "heavy" meat products.

Farmers all over the world routinely feed their meat animals corn and other products that contain Roundup. But I haven't found any research that suggests the Roundup ends up in the meat at the store. These same farmers also have a lot more problems with their animals, and a lot more stomach problems in the animals too, or general weakness.

Your body needs three amino acids to digest foods. These amino acids are found in vegetables and fruits. Glyphosate destroys them. As of yet no one knows what glyphosate does to the animals that eat the crops sprayed. Time will tell.

Reactions: Alain
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I'm still eating meat, so maybe that's why I'm not very spiritual?
I spoke at length many years ago with a Tibetan monk as he came out of McDonalds in London. There were two of them. I asked him about eating a burger and he said his body can take nourishment from whatever he eats. Spiritually he transmutes it.

I do not eat meat because I cannot afford organic and I do not want the crap that goes in the cheap shit here. So many antibiotics because they keep the animals in dreadful conditions. No. I do not want that in my body. But it is a health issue Toller, not a spiritual issue. I would happily catch a salmon and eat it.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I believe different bodies require different foods. I still eat meat mainly because the rest of my family does (a bunch of big Texan men who like their bar-b-q). I do eat reduced quantities and the meat, like the rest of our food, is organic. At the same time, I've managed to have some "special experiences", so my diet is not holding me back. :-D

The list of my food sensitivities is growing longer, and eating out with friends and family can be challenging. Not long ago, everyone wanted to go to a local seafood place for a celebration. I avoid seafood from the Gulf of Mexico because of the pollution, but in this case, I decided that I would be just fine, and I was. It was more important for me to be part of the celebration.

One thing that I've been doing for many years is drinking spring water to avoid fluoride and other contaminants. I am fortunate to have access to a good source that is reasonably priced.

Ticks - yuck, we do have them around here but mostly it is the brown dog tick that is passed along through the deer. Although I live in the Lone Star state, I don't run into Lonestar ticks.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I'm mostly different meats, chicken, seafood. The fresh fish I catch in my lake are delicious. potatoes,rice and veg. And The Italian staple tomato sauce used a million different ways with panini of course. I do all the cooking everything is fresh made from scratch, In summer I grow fresh herbs. No food sensitivities tg.
I don't buy the tick bite causing the meat allergy at all. Commercial farms treat their cattle terribly, plus lots of antibiotics, growth hormones, poor feed etc. I think people are reacting to the stress and drugs in the cattle. The ticks are an excuse. The factory farms are their own worst enemy.

Sam Vause

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
A couple of years ago, I found that (as a Blood Type A) I am "allergic" to red-blooded meats (cow, pig, and - sob!! - lamb) with a specific reaction of all my major joints becoming highly inflamed for a couple of days afterwards. I've just learned to program them out of my diet, and Voila! Happy Again!

I wonder if this is related to my starting to become more aware?? Could be.... And I'm more nearly vegetarian now, anyway (it's helping my waistline...).

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
This has all gone on whilst people are saying people are now allergic to beef... wierd timing eh
You are definitely in tune thesmileyone.

Similar thing happened to me, I was "asked" to stop eating animal meat of any kind but one day I bought some smoked salmon. My Gosh I was ill.

"OK OK I get the message"

Reactions: Lotos
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
The ticks are an excuse. The factory farms are their own worst enemy.
Interesting perspective PG

I agree about the factory farms. Terrible places. But the government will not tighten up it's laws because allowing cheap meat on to the market keeps people happy.

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
Your body needs three amino acids to digest foods. These amino acids are found in vegetables and fruits. Glyphosate destroys them. As of yet no one knows what glyphosate does to the animals that eat the crops sprayed. Time will tell.
Apparently, some farmers spray their wheat with roundup just before harvesting. It kills the wheat and makes it easier to harvest. So most of the bread that you buy these days contains glyphosate.

https://www.naturalnews.com/050583_glyphosate_wheat_bread_crop_contamination.html

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
One thing that I've been doing for many years is drinking spring water to avoid fluoride and other contaminants.
Food in contact with plastic will contain phthalates. A BPA free plastic is not free of phthalates and it is not safe. And most bottled water comes in plastic bottles. The softer the plastic, the more phthalates are in there. Phthalates are used to soften the plastic to make it pliable and not brittle. My understanding of this concept is, your plastic spoons and forks break easily because they are low in phthalates. There are no phthalates that are considered safe. They all disrupt the endocrine system. There is no law that says plastic bottles/containers have to be tested for toxicity even when in contact with food for a long time. Bottled water could sit in the warehouse for 3 months before being shipped to a retail store, but it's likely more common to sit there less than a month. There's a big demand for bottled water.

Some plastic bottles claim to be silicone but are not, they are plastic with a TON of phthalates in it. Silicone is completely non-reactive with everything once it cures. It's a really handy material. And it resists temperatures up to 500F, though some companies will list the max temp as 450F just to have a margin of error. Your soft, flexible plastic wrap probably has a ton of phthalates in it too.

And the fluoride filters from Berkey do not remove all the fluoride, only some of it. They have lab tests on their site to show how much of each chemical is removed. Not only do they have these great lab tests but this technology (ceramic filters) has been used 120+ years and it just plain works and is cheap per gallon of water filtered.

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
The water company which provides the water in my area says that it does not fluoridate any of its water, so I don't have to worry on that point.

As for BPA in plastic, the main problem here is the mimicking of female hormones leading to the feminization of men and a reduction in the birth rate.

Reactions: Pod

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I buy bottled water then I charge it before I drink it. I forget where I read this, but if you imagine / visualise (it's the intent that matters) an energy vortex come from you into the water and shake it all up, it supposedly purifys the water and brings it back to how it should be.
It is indeed also in Dolores Cannon's books where one client under hypnosis describes this method. Don't remember which or what chapter but I know for certain it is in there somewhere. She said it is best to create a kind of spiraling vortex energy going up and/or down the water.

Reactions: Lila and NextBeing

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I charge my water, as well as that of our dog.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
I believe different bodies require different foods. I still eat meat mainly because the rest of my family does (a bunch of big Texan men who like their bar-b-q). I do eat reduced quantities and the meat, like the rest of our food, is organic. At the same time, I've managed to have some "special experiences", so my diet is not holding me back. :-D

The list of my food sensitivities is growing longer, and eating out with friends and family can be challenging. Not long ago, everyone wanted to go to a local seafood place for a celebration. I avoid seafood from the Gulf of Mexico because of the pollution, but in this case, I decided that I would be just fine, and I was. It was more important for me to be part of the celebration.

One thing that I've been doing for many years is drinking spring water to avoid fluoride and other contaminants. I am fortunate to have access to a good source that is reasonably priced.

Ticks - yuck, we do have them around here but mostly it is the brown dog tick that is passed along through the deer. Although I live in the Lone Star state, I don't run into Lonestar ticks.
my diet is changing with the time and meat on weekends will rest there as long as bf and familly don t change it s no so big quanities so is good

Reactions: Linda

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
You are definitely in tune thesmileyone.

Similar thing happened to me, I was "asked" to stop eating animal meat of any kind but one day I bought some smoked salmon. My Gosh I was ill.

"OK OK I get the message"
nothing so far from me, but i think my stomach says me what i should avoid and one thing is the cofee from dunkey donouts, i don t regret one second i become far from vegetarian than 5 years ago i see it also on my weight a bit

Reactions: Lila and Pod

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
one thing is the cofee from dunkey donouts
Wait - you all have Dunkin Donuts? :p I know that coffee, and it is the most acidic I've tasted - big stomach aches afterwards. The donuts are ok for about 15 minutes, then I feel them, too.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
there are 3 under german gerance and a few quick converted in my country, these lasts is the most chimic thing possible. so expensif so little good for health

i have a quick next to my workplace 2 minutes walk, i don t even go in there anymore, the quality is at it s lowest possible, you eat paper with something that gives a feeble taste well game over i think for them. it is not even this one i saw a great degradation over the years. the buffalo grill one of 2 in the country if i am not mistaken has diminished the quality at that point that half the price is still too much for what it is

there is so much poisend food out there that it can go on for long

i try my manifestation skills with the water nice new information for me

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
you eat paper with something that gives a feeble taste
I'm laughing because this is the truest description of their food - slightly seasoned paper.

I would be embarrassed to have this franchise anywhere in Europe where they have the finest pastries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)