What are you reading? Share your cover! (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
You could just read the Farseer Trilogy, it is fairly self-contained.
I'm taking the plunge. I just got out the first book in the trilogy, the Assassin's Apprentice.
As typically happens though, multiple books come to the library at the same time. So I also have a Chinese folk story to read, a book that I'm going to look through about impressionism art, and also the first book in another series (!) called 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' which is apparently a well known fantasy book that kind of came out around the time of Harry Potter.

Here we go!

• Divine
  • Cool Post
Reactions: Lila and Linda

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Okay. Making my way through the stack. Haha
I finished 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians'.

I also had gotten the sequel to 'The Rise of Kyoshi', which is a book called 'the Shadow of Kyoshi'. These two books are further cannon within the cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender. Finally the second book came out, and we got it from the library. My husband and I both read it.

Now I'm reading 'The Journey to the West', which is an old classic Chinese story. It was written in the 16th century.
It's,so far, a fun fantastical story about a Monkey King.

20200927_195847.jpg
16012586989595819745541414795140.jpg

This story was brought to my attention because in becoming attuned to reiki 2, my teacher said he felt the sekhem energy come in as well, and that it was something Quan Yin, as well as Sekhmet, Mary Magdelene, and Isis use.

Anyway. Quan yin is apparently a major deus ex machina within this story and her character in general really intrigues me. So here we are. Haha

But I'm going well through all these books.
Anyone else reading anything interesting?

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Okay. Making my way through the stack. Haha
I finished 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians'.

I also had gotten the sequel to 'The Rise of Kyoshi', which is a book called 'the Shadow of Kyoshi'. These two books are further cannon within the cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender. Finally the second book came out, and we got it from the library. My husband and I both read it.

Now I'm reading 'The Journey to the West', which is an old classic Chinese story. It was written in the 16th century.
It's,so far, a fun fantastical story about a Monkey King.

View attachment 10191
View attachment 10192

This story was brought to my attention because in becoming attuned to reiki 2, my teacher said he felt the sekhem energy come in as well, and that it was something Quan Yin, as well as Sekhmet, Mary Magdelene, and Isis use.

Anyway. Quan yin is apparently a major deus ex machina within this story and her character in general really intrigues me. So here we are. Haha

Do you think the movie Mulan (new film of it about to be released) is anything to do with your timing in reading this, and the Quan Yin energy?

• Intriguing Post

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Well, after those descriptions, all I can say is
"I'll have what she is having". :-D

• Funny
Reactions: Angela and Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I've got 4 books on my bedside table, and I advance about 1 or 2 paras per day in one or the other of them. A new one just landed, The Answer, by David Icke. It's pretty big, so it has shouldered some of the smaller volumes down the stack.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila and Angela

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I've got 4 books on my bedside table, and I advance about 1 or 2 paras per day in one or the other of them. A new one just landed, The Answer, by David Icke. It's pretty big, so it has shouldered some of the smaller volumes down the stack.
I have been re-reading the Rand & Rose Flem-Ath book "When the Sky Fell" (new edition), and also his collaboration with Colin Wilson, "The Atlantis Blueprint". I find it good to re-read important books after some time (maybe a decade) as you find the information falls into place differently when a) you're familiar with it; and b) your mind has expanded since the first time you read it, giving you different insights and able to accept bigger concepts.

• I agree
Reactions: Angela

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
My wife just got me "Crystals for Beginners" by Karen Frazier.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila and Angela

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
In one of the remote group healings of a few weeks ago I got the message to read this book again.
A few years ago it helped me get rid of my Idea of the cross as a symbol of oppression of the church and helped close a lot of things that didn't feel right.
It also harmonized science, old cultures, the spiritual world and native wisdom in a nice package that is the Celtoc cross.

curious what it will bring me this time.
1613316911355.png

If you look at the Celtic cross. a Lot of them are balanced crosses (4 arms that are equally long)
it is very similar to the medicine wheel. the bottom part is separated and is just an elongation to use the cross as a measuring instrument for navigation.
intrincically this also means that they knew the earth was a sphere ;)

1613317284899.png

• Wise Post
  • Informative
Reactions: Lila, Linda and Pod

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
In one of the remote group healings of a few weeks ago I got the message to read this book again.
A few years ago it helped me get rid of my Idea of the cross as a symbol of oppression of the church and helped close a lot of things that didn't feel right.
It also harmonized science, old cultures, the spiritual world and native wisdom in a nice package that is the Celtoc cross.

curious what it will bring me this time.
View attachment 10916

If you look at the Celtic cross. a Lot of them are balanced crosses (4 arms that are equally long)
it is very similar to the medicine wheel. the bottom part is separated and is just an elongation to use the cross as a measuring instrument for navigation.
intrincically this also means that they knew the earth was a sphere ;)

View attachment 10917
You have me intrigued!

• I agree
Reactions: Lila and Bert

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Me too Bert! Thanks.

Reactions: Bert

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Initiation by Elisabeth Haich.jpg

From the jacket blurb:

"Written at the request of her advanced students, "Initiation" is an illuminating autobiography that connects the twentieth century European life of internationally beloved teacher Elisabeth Haich and her lucid memories of initiation into the hidden mystical teachings of the priesthood in ancient Egypt. A compelling story within a story emerges detailing the life experiences that catalysed her spiritual path. In an earlier life in ancient Egypt, a young woman is prepared for initiation into the esoteric secrets of the priesthood of the High Priest Ptahhotep, who instructs her step-by-step, consistent with her development, in the universal truths of life. Throughout this extraordinary book, Elisabeth Haich reveals her in-depth insights into the subtle workings of karma, reincarnation, the inter-connectedness of individual daily life choices and spiritual development. Elisabeth Haich shares usually hidden truths that only a few rare individuals in any generation, seek, find and communicate to others, enabling the reader to awaken within the essential understanding necessary to enlighten any life no matter what events manifest. In twentieth century Europe, from childhood to adulthood, through war and remarkable meetings, she demonstrates the power of turning the searchlight of one's consciousness inward and using every life event towards expanding consciousness. Initiation is a timeless classic communicated in modern terms inspiring generations of spiritual seekers globally. Whether read as an autobiographical novel unveiling mystical truths or as a unique glimpse into Elisabeth Haich's exceptional journey to initiation, the personal impact on the reader is profound. To read "Initiation" is to be part of the initiation itself."

I am loving this read. It's not surprising that the copy I am reading was sold through the Theosophical Society. Guess what? There is a whole chapter on the Four Faces of God. (Remember my Four Faces thread? The one in which I struggled to understand why Four Faces would appear in a vision, such as Ezekiel had. The Eagle, The Lion, The Bull and Man. Well, now I have found my answer).

• Love this post!
  • Divine
Reactions: Pod and Bert

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I recalls your vision Melt. Any chance of a clue as to what it means? Sounds like an amazing book!

• Helpful Post

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
I have read the middle one a few years ago.
A lot of similarities to the current times. families are traded for open relationships, consumarism, indoctrination from a young age,...
and now with the vaccinations you will have a compliant part that can keep consuming and the nog vaccinated that will be put in "reservations" lik in the book. or at least that is what I feel they are pushing at.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Tania and Snowmelt

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I am loving this read. It's not surprising that the copy I am reading was sold through the Theosophical Society. Guess what? There is a whole chapter on the Four Faces of God. (Remember my Four Faces thread? The one in which I struggled to understand why Four Faces would appear in a vision, such as Ezekiel had. The Eagle, The Lion, The Bull and Man. Well, now I have found my answer).
Is it something you can expand on in the thread you created talking about it? Sounds really cool.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
View attachment 10919

From the jacket blurb:

"Written at the request of her advanced students, "Initiation" is an illuminating autobiography that connects the twentieth century European life of internationally beloved teacher Elisabeth Haich and her lucid memories of initiation into the hidden mystical teachings of the priesthood in ancient Egypt. A compelling story within a story emerges detailing the life experiences that catalysed her spiritual path. In an earlier life in ancient Egypt, a young woman is prepared for initiation into the esoteric secrets of the priesthood of the High Priest Ptahhotep, who instructs her step-by-step, consistent with her development, in the universal truths of life. Throughout this extraordinary book, Elisabeth Haich reveals her in-depth insights into the subtle workings of karma, reincarnation, the inter-connectedness of individual daily life choices and spiritual development. Elisabeth Haich shares usually hidden truths that only a few rare individuals in any generation, seek, find and communicate to others, enabling the reader to awaken within the essential understanding necessary to enlighten any life no matter what events manifest. In twentieth century Europe, from childhood to adulthood, through war and remarkable meetings, she demonstrates the power of turning the searchlight of one's consciousness inward and using every life event towards expanding consciousness. Initiation is a timeless classic communicated in modern terms inspiring generations of spiritual seekers globally. Whether read as an autobiographical novel unveiling mystical truths or as a unique glimpse into Elisabeth Haich's exceptional journey to initiation, the personal impact on the reader is profound. To read "Initiation" is to be part of the initiation itself."

Gotta find this one. Thanks!

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
Dimensions of Radionics -

David V. Tansley,
Malcolm Rae,
Aubrey T. Westlake

DoR.jpg

Written by the foremost experts in the field of radionics (in collaboration with Malcolm Rae and Aubrey T. Westlake), this volume is a definitive work on the subject. It details the subtle energies and patterns of the human body with emphasis upon diagnosising the spiritual, mental and physical states of the individual through the ether fields.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
gosh i love reading and would love to bury my head in a book again for a while... alas, no time for reading :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

View attachment 10944
Lol, that you wrote that.
Just today I was imagining having time for doing some crocheting or knitting. I have some of beautiful wool at the moment.

One of my fondest crocheting memories was of making hats at camp last summer with Angie the design + how-to-make-it-all-work expert, Pucksterguy who made the perfect rim material materialize out of someplace and Alain whose appreciation and encouragement made it all seem a blast. It was a blast! I was remembering how much fun it was to cluster around a ball of yarn with Angie, heads together, and figure out how to make it all work with the little bit of yarn I'd brought. Happy memories! :)) <3:-D

Last edited:

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
gosh i love reading and would love to bury my head in a book again for a while... alas, no time for reading :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

View attachment 10944
Yikes, love your work. I'm a knitter too, but not as serious as that! Knitting does take time, but it's all expression of creativity, in the form that you find both practical and expressive. It can also be a gift of love. Books can wait!

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lilia

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
Just today I was imagining having time for doing some crocheting or knitting. I have some of beautiful wool at the moment.

One of my fondest crocheting memories was of making hats at camp last summer with Angie the design + how-to-make-it-all-work expert, Pucksterguy who made the perfect rim material materialize out of someplace and Alain whose appreciation and encouragement made it all seem a blast. It was a blast! I was remembering how much fun it was to cluster around a ball of yarn with Angie, heads together, and figure out how to make it all work with the little bit of yarn I'd brought. Happy memories! :)) <3:-D
2 summers back Lila Already

• A hug for you

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
Yikes, love your work. I'm a knitter too, but not as serious as that! Knitting does take time, but it's all expression of creativity, in the form that you find both practical and expressive. It can also be a gift of love. Books can wait!
thanks! <3 yeah it is an expression of creativity that combines very well with necessity! i had to get rid of all my old polyacrylic-containing jumpers because they just didnt feel good at all anymore and made me smelly, so now i am knitting myself a new wardrobe because i have nothing to wear to keep me warm anymore and i thought, why spend hundreds on wool jumpers others made with seams and patterns i didnt like, when i can also express myself through my clothes :D
maybe we should open a "show your badass gorgeous self-made outfits" thread? :D

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland

next time you meet up for crafting, can i join? (=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)