Ways to Dispense Essential Oils (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I just found these on Aliexpress, there are some on Amazon too. You fill these with cotton (if they don't have cotten already), put a few drops of essential oils in there and can take it with you wherever you go. Very handy for travel. These might be handy for filling with Vicks Vaporub too for people with respiratory issues from asthma, cold or flu.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32908249531.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.63dc3e26F9z6D1&algo_pvid=3d41e41d-ddd2-41a5-be85-3b810143dcc9&algo_expid=3d41e41d-ddd2-41a5-be85-3b810143dcc9-0&btsid=4e18b79a-0b97-4233-bd23-4c6e49692dbf&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_9,searchweb201603_52

• Cool Post
Reactions: Linda and Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The inhalers are great idea.
Two things to consider -
Do research on which essential oils are ok for children and pregnant women.
Vicks has some questionable ingredients such as petrolatum and turpentine oil, but there are recipes on the web for safer versions.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I guess it's a similar idea to cotton swabs with essential oils to spread their fine scents or jewelry with lava rock for the same purpose.

Reactions: Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I purchased my first diffuser. I discovered that ultrasonic diffusers use electrical vibrations to create a fine mist. Some diffusers use heat to create a mist, but heat may reduce the properties of the essential oils. It is pretty simple to use - add 5 drops of oil and 5 ounces of water. This one is from NOW solutions, which also produces essential oils. They are a bit pricey ($45 at Natural Grocers) so I got a medium size one. I like it because it is a subtle scent.

One of the reasons I was motivated to do this was learning more about candles and fragrances. Unless you have beeswax candles, then the candle is made with a petroleum product, and as it burns, you are getting some of those petro carbons in your home. Also, fragrance can mean just about anything, including all kinds of synthetics. Yep, I've tossed some nice candles this week.

***Also, please take care with defusing oils around pets and young children. For example, you would not want them to be in a closed room with the diffuser going. There are essential oils that are OK for children and some that are not.

• Insightful Post
Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)