Virtual Choir - Thousands of Voices Raised as One (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Eric Whitacre - put that name in a Youtube search, and you will get many hits.

He is a man with a love of choral music and a composer, as well. I don't want to give away too much, but through an interesting turn of events he set forth on a project to blend voices from thousands of people around the world into incredible visual and auditory masterpieces. He's won several awards, including a Grammy, for his work. He speaks of his work much as we do here - people happening to find each other, and although never meeting in person, are united in a vision and purpose.

First, I'm posting his TED talk, in which he explains how he began this path, as well as pieces of his projects.

The second video is of one his projects that I really liked, Fly to Paradise. This project includes 5,905 singers from 101 different countries.

The third video is from his latest project, Deep Field, which includes a fantastic trip through the galaxy via some of the images from the Hubble telescope. This one features over 8,000 singers, ranging in age from 4 to 87 years and from 120 countries. For this one, imagine you are sitting back in your seat on a Galactic Dreamliner just watching the scenery go by.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I like the 2nd video "Fly to Paradise". There seem to be other versions of that on Youtube also.

• Love this post!
  • Divine
Reactions: Lila and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)