Ultra-Detailed Moon Image (100k Photos Combined) (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Andrew McCarthy has put together around a hundred thousand photos of the moon to create an ultra-detailed image enabling you to zoom in very close.

Andrew McCarthy moon.jpg

Over on Reddit, he said the following about it:

"It's been a while since I've done one of these, as I've been more focused on deep space imaging, but I still love to shoot the moon, and Friday night was one of my favorite phases for showing the rich textures along the lunar terminator. This was taken by blending images from 3 cameras and two telescopes to get the results I wanted. Whether or not this falls into a category of "composite" or photo is more a question of semantics, but my goal is always to create a beautiful image, so I do tend to bend some of the rules for photography to achieve my final result. For more info about the equipment used to take this and other deep space images-check out this video I made walking through it.
For more of this kind of thing, come find me on instagram. I go behind the scenes in live sessions to show how I capture these images, so you can learn more about this hobby."​

You can find the higher resolution version right here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)