Truthful Selfies: How Are You Really Feeling? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
IMG_6943.JPG IMG_6947.JPG IMG_6957.JPG

Not sure that I have to explain that I am concerned. I almost never take a photo of myself. I used an app called Prisma to see if I could mirror how I was feeling. I do not like to admit that I worry. But this is true. Right now.

How are you? Really.

I know how you are ... will surely change. Post as often as you are moved, using any medium.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I am curious about how the software interprets a photo. I wonder if you took pictures at the same time when are in the same mood, but in different settings, such as inside, outside in sunlight, or maybe with a flower, if it would give similar results.

This is what it is like in my head - I wonder if ....... :bag

OP
Krena

Krena

Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
If you open a photo in Prisma (which I think is still free with possible purchased add-ons), you will find 40-plus options for transforming your photograph. I tried them all, but kept about 16. The software takes a style, say like Electric, The Scream, or Roy (for Lichtenstein), and it looks like it rearranges the pixels in your photograph in that style of artist or other kind of layer style. I don't know technically exactly how it is done, but this is getting to be a common technique. The Photoshop plug-in, Topaz Impression, does this as well, but you have way more control with that program.

Our faces are so complex, changing every nano second, and lighting is such a huge parameter as well that it would likely not give the same exact results. I have experimented with this software a bit, but not on my face. I have experimented with Tangle, another software that changes the arrangment of pixels in certain styles that you can adjust.

Amazing, but they are all somewhat different in result, even with the same image....as mine are somewhat different above, especially the last image in the style of Edvard Munch's, The Scream.

Last edited:

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I was thinking the app must have worked out what mood you were in Krena, going by your original post. I read through the responses and downloaded it and realised it was just a photo editing app. O.o:D

Let's see how I am right now. (oh look, you can see Global Moderator Lorna Wilson's published book up on my shelf, fancy that! :)s I wrote an article about that book here back in May: Healing Journeys Through Quantum Realities: A Handbook by Lorna Wilson)

Post as often as you are moved, using any medium.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

OP
Krena

Krena

Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
I can see how you thought that. That's pretty funny. I was unclear!

I used the app to transform the original photo to make it look closer to how I felt: by changing the color and lighting and changing the pixels to stylized strokes. You look different in your three photographs.

It is a challenge with photographs to realistically shoot something outside of yourself that represents your internal feelings.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron
OP
Krena

Krena

Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
Love the selfies. Laron, you look confident and relaxed. Vickie, you look bemused. And warm in a short sleeve shirt (it is supposed to snow here tomorrow). Your dogs look besotted with you and mostly but not entirely tolerant of your capturing their image. ❤

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
How are you? Really.
I was up at 5:30AM capturing the full moon as the sun rose. It's now getting a bit past 6:30AM so I still have a waking up face, but here I am.

How am I? Well, the picture will reveal that.

I used Prisma, found it on the app store. I just installed it as I hadn't used it for a long time. It looks like they have monetised it more with locking out certain features but this tends to improve the quality of software. I was able to add the filters I used to use I think. Last time there were two that would crash pretty much every time I used them, hopefully not this time!

IMG_Dreams_20181224_064210_processedd.jpg

And the full moon? I just posted it here: https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/photography.260/post-43045

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)