Tom Campbell's Wikipedia Page Deletion (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I recently noticed that Tom Campbell's Wikipedia entry had been deleted. The reason is similar to why Dolores Cannon doesn't have a Wikipedia page, that being that their published books are self published.

I did some research to see why Tom's page was removed and found this below over on Wikipedia.

"Not notable. Self-published author with no third-party sources available to refer to him. Crank with a Youtube channel. cagliost (talk) 15:47, 1 February 2020 (UTC)"​
(Source)​
When looking up the profiles of those with administrative power over articles, and the language used with the reasoning, it seems like teenagers are the ones running the site. I've never delved deep into how Wikipedia works for updating the content, but I'm thinking about learning more about it.

Who is Tom? Here's an excerpt from my pinned thread on his work over on the Out-of-body Experiences, NDEs & Dreams board
Tom Campbell was once a student of the late Robert Monroe. Tom played a big role in the creation and early running of the Monroe Institute in Virginia, U.S.A, back in the early 70’s. The Monroe Institute is a nonprofit education and research organisation devoted to the exploration of human consciousness. A few of our moderators and members of the forum have taken courses and workshops there.​
Tom's day job is as a nuclear based physicist. He once worked with NASA within the Ares I program. He has spent over 30 years working with the U.S. Department of Defense.​
On a regular basis Tom travels around the world running workshops where he shares his teachings on spirituality and life, based on his direct experiences outside of our reality, which is also referred to as astral projection on occasion (AP is just one of the many dimensions or planes that one can visit out of body). You can find Tom's upcoming event based website here (https://www.mbtevents.com/), which lists his future workshops. It's separate to his other site (http://www.my-big-toe.com) based on MBT (My Big TOE), as there is a lot involved with how Tom shares his knowledge.​

My Big TOE.jpg
Tom's book, My Big TOE

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lila

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
When looking up the profiles of those with administrative power over articles, and the language used with the reasoning, it seems like teenagers are the ones running the site.
You can be certain they are, if not regarding their real age then still in their minds in terms of 'evolution' of their personalities.

That's why I only call it "Wackypedia" nowadays.

I mean it is still usable and sometimes even lovably 'nerdy' for the more uncontroversial topics (e.g. shows and movies, cooking recipes, sports, cultural objects, etc.), but worth nothing in the fields of alternative knowledge (health, history), politics, parts of history, the paranormal or anything 'science'-related where controversies exist.

Reactions: Tania and Laron

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Read an interview with one of the founders of Wikipedia, and he said it is unrecognizable now. The original intent was to publish facts, even if discordant, so people could make up their own minds. These days, there is a little army deleting anything not in their point of view.

Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger has been sounding the alarm over the website for some time now - previously noting that the site had failed to reign in 'bad actors' and was 'broken as a result.'

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/wikipedia-co-founder-says-site-badly-biased

As far as the ones saying Tom Campbell is not notable - all I can say is - Bless. Your. Heart. (southern for you idiots)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Laron

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Read an interview with one of the founders of Wikipedia, and he said it is unrecognizable now. The original intent was to publish facts, even if discordant, so people could make up their own minds. These days, there is a little army deleting anything not in their point of view.

Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger has been sounding the alarm over the website for some time now - previously noting that the site had failed to reign in 'bad actors' and was 'broken as a result.'

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/wikipedia-co-founder-says-site-badly-biased

As far as the ones saying Tom Campbell is not notable - all I can say Bless. Your. Heart. (southern for you idiots)
I must try learning your Southern language. Seems mighty descriptive.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)