Tom Campbell about oob:s in relation to beliefs (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Anna

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 1, 2016
Tom Campbell discuss the relationship betweeen oob:s, beliefs and fear. I think its interesting that he lifts up that when we say we try to go out of the body with diffrent teqniques we are actually focused on that the counsciousness is only in our body/brain and as a consequence our beliefs create what we experienced aswell. He also give an interesting perspective on meditation, as an "undoing act" rather than doing.

Henda

Mystic Healer and Astral Explorer Author
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
True. We are consciousness and when we understand it by being it for real we have more frequent OBE's without doing any technique or stuff like that. Technique is not necessary. We have everything inside. Once we unlock the door that separate us from our soul we open up to our multidimensional state of being.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I love it when something raises as many questions as it answers. Until now I wanted no part of doing this. Now my curiosity has been piqued to the point of saying, why not? First question When you wanna see something do you "travel" there? or do you just appear(show up) sans(without) the traveling part. Do you have help/guides on the way and when you get there or do you intuitively know. Ok that's a start. According to Tom you have to get out of your mind....works for me, everybody thinks I'm crazy anyway. One more thing just sprang to mind. Time. If I'm in Atlantis playing tourist and I spend all day there looking around then return "home" will time in my body reflect that? or will I have been gone five minutes?

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Read his book, all three parts in 2010-11 or so. Quite a bulky tome if you buy it as all in one. Still I like watching his videos more, he is a great speaker with many good things to say about reality and meditation.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
When you wanna see something do you "travel" there? or do you just appear(show up) sans(without) the traveling part. Do you have help/guides on the way and when you get there or do you intuitively know.
Derived from my past experiences I'd say all of this is possible. Sometimes you fly and sometimes you kind of teleport. In AP circles it is also called 'phasing' by some and it goes back to Robert Monroe. I've also been flying with guides often hand in hand over land or city scapes which is a great experience. One guide had blue skin and looked like a funny old monk or priest in a robe when we were flying together. He had duplicated himself so I had one 'version' of him on either side, but one was more 'pale' so I knew he just projected it there. He was cool.

However, things not always work the way they should and you do not end up where you wanted to go and experiences take another course then. Furthermore I sometimes have not all the memory with me of what I wanted to do (happens to many projectors) because lucidity can oscillate during the experience, getting stronger and weaker until you blink out and wake up / get back to your body completely.

Henda

Mystic Healer and Astral Explorer Author
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Derived from my past experiences I'd say all of this is possible. Sometimes you fly and sometimes you kind of teleport. In AP circles it is also called 'phasing' by some and it goes back to Robert Monroe. I've also been flying with guides often hand in hand over land or city scapes which is a great experience. One guide had blue skin and looked like a funny old monk or priest in a robe when we were flying together. He had duplicated himself so I had one 'version' of him on either side, but one was more 'pale' so I knew he just projected it there. He was cool.

However, things not always work the way they should and you do not end up where you wanted to go and experiences take another course then. Furthermore I sometimes have not all the memory with me of what I wanted to do (happens to many projectors) because lucidity can oscillate during the experience, getting stronger and weaker until you blink out and wake up / get back to your body completely.
True
We don't always end up in places We intent to go. OBE is something that cannot be related to intent. The more we focused on our bodies and in how to get out of it and the more we stay locked in. All my OBE ´s happened without any intent and I love when I am surprised with a place a go to.

OP
Anna

Anna

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 1, 2016
I think what he is pointing out is has importance for how we can relate to oob:s in the sense of how we understand consciousness itself. But maybe, in general, for the Western person where meditation has not been a natural element from beginning, the techniques might be here for Good reasons for to help to focus and "clean" our energy for example.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
I think its interesting that he lifts up that when we say we try to go out of the body with different techniques we are actually focused on that the consciousness is only in our body/brain and as a consequence our beliefs create what we experienced as well.
One thing that was advised to me from the inner realms was to project myself everywhere and look back at myself when doing natural things. So if I am walking down the street I imagine myself up above on a roof looking down at myself, but i make it fun,so I may lay stretched out striking a pose on the edge of it, or on top of a pole, or walking down the street coming towards me.......whatever, but it's fun and quite surprising to see my body from different angles as usually it is a flat one dimension in a reflective surface. It's fun being on a moving train and seeing myself outside the window as we pass each other. I realized I was given this as a practice to get out of my body. It's fun for anyone to try, and it sure breaks up our day, and keeps our vibes up.

With time and practice we lose the 'split' consciousness and go fully as 'one', and then we can move higher up the more refined dimensions as we are more energized. When we move higher we can actually change things in our 3D level i.e. health, finance, etc. as we are more flexible with time lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)