Tom Campbell — My Big TOE (Theory of Everything) Trilogy (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
This thread is dedicated to not just the three books based on Tom Campbell's Theory of Everything, but also all the other work that he does in connection to his explorations of consciousness via out of body experiences.

Tom Campbell was once a student of the late Robert Monroe. Tom played a big role in the creation and early running of the Monroe Institute in Virginia, U.S.A, back in the early 70’s. The Monroe Institute is a nonprofit education and research organisation devoted to the exploration of human consciousness. A few of our moderators and members of the forum have taken courses and workshops there.

Tom's day job is as a nuclear based physicist. He once worked with NASA within the Ares I program. He has spent over 30 years working with the U.S. Department of Defense. You can find his Wiki entry here.

On a regular basis Tom travels around the world running workshops where he shares his teachings on spirituality and life, based on his direct experiences outside of our reality, which is also referred to as astral projection on occasion (AP is just one of the many dimensions or planes that one can visit out of body). You can find Tom's upcoming event based website here (https://www.mbtevents.com/), which lists his future workshops. It's separate to his other site (http://www.my-big-toe.com) based on MBT (My Big TOE), as there is a lot involved with how Tom shares his knowledge.

I have experience with out of body exploration as well, and this has helped me a great deal moving beyond belief based systems within my Earth based consciousness, so I can very much understand where Tom is coming from with what he shares. I have studied a lot of published material from out of body explorers and Tom is really one of the most experienced out there. I see that part of his success relates to his scientific education and background, as he used science to 'test' many aspects of what he did while out of body.

Here is a six minute video from Tom, introducing you to his work.

Over time I hope we can add more information to this pinned thread to help others, based on the replies here, but also on the threads and discussions that come up on the board.

My Big TOE is highly recommended by me and his a must read for people wanting to further expand their consciousness and spirituality.

My Big TOE.jpg
Resources

Below is some additional information which has been added in relation to Tom and his work.

Oct. 2016: I transcribed an eight minute video from Tom when he talked at the University of Calgary in America back around 2014. In this important talk, Tom discusses the situations where we should be careful with interfering with the life path of others, and that once we progress to a certain spiritual level we will just know when not to interfere. He also mentions the reasons around why we should not fear death, as well as using our intuition with healing.
https://www.transients.info/2016/11/dont-fear-sickness-death/

Last edited:
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Lila and I were recently talking about MBT. I read it a while ago now, but I asked her to share with me anything that came up that stood out to her in terms of importance, what she resonates with, or simply what was most interesting.

With permission, here is something Lila shared with me about the trilogy.

Here is a quote that encapsulates the gist of what is probably the main viewpoint I love about TC's writing in MBT:

"Why would a rational person (who isn't hopelessly optimistic about the completeness of their knowledge) believe that our personal and collective ignorance and limitations should logically constrain the possibilities of creation?"

I find it so refreshing to see that as a foundation for someone's outlook and writing! Way too rare, IMHO. And leads to such fresh and intriguing thoughts!!! Would looooove to have a bookclub to trade musings on MBT one day (perhaps virtual?)

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I'm glad to see folks are getting something helpful from the book. I very much appreciated Laron's recommendation of it several years ago and gave it a try. I had a very difficult time getting into it though and gave up about 1/4 of the way through. :( It's been awhile, so I can't remember if it was his writing style that I didn't quite "get" or if it was something else. <<<shrug>>> Oh well. :) I simply took it as a sign that the material wasn't meant for me at the time and moved on.

No harm, no foul. Perhaps I'll give it another try later--and maybe it'll be appropriate for me then.

:)

Reactions: Lila

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I found the first book in the trilogy to be intriguing but I had to read just a chapter at a time then take some time to think about what I had read. The second two were even more thought provoking. It took me a while to read all three. It's been some years since I read them so I think I'll read them again. Sometimes on the second go round I pick up information I didn't understand the first time.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I just added a section to the bottom of the pinned post titled Resources, and added the following.

Oct. 2016: I transcribed an eight minute video from Tom when he talked at the University of Calgary in America back around 2014. In this important talk, Tom discusses the situations where we should be careful with interfering with the life path of others, and that once we progress to a certain spiritual level we will just know when not to interfere. He also mentions the reasons around why we should not fear death, as well as using our intuition with healing.
https://www.transients.info/2016/11/dont-fear-sickness-death/

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I had a very difficult time getting into it though and gave up about 1/4 of the way through. :( It's been awhile, so I can't remember if it was his writing style that I didn't quite "get" or if it was something else.
His writing style is very long-winding and at times a bit repetitive. I read it all in 2010 or so and I also remember noticing that I had read a lot of it before here and there (also cross-references are abundant). For anyone who is not into his long-winded and sometimes sophisticated style I always recommend watching his talks on YouTube.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I can see that there is an issue around his writing style, which I can very much understand people getting stuck on as I was very aware of this when going through the book. I come from a background — which I am about to explain more about — where I have moved beyond that analytical way of thinking, and expanded my consciousness more into... spiritual and metaphysical areas (meaning I have opened up more from direct experience, but also leaving the corporate world behind helped a great deal as I was no longer 'living' it on a regular basis).

So in reference to his style of writing, this is what I feel and observe.

Because of his position in life — his career and education, what he has learnt out of body, how he has developed his state of being — his audience is specifically targeted; he is looking to reach professionals, those of higher education, those in the corporate world who require scientific proof and 'evidence' to allow themselves to expand their awareness, remove a few psychological / energetic blocks and actually open up to the concepts he teaches and touches on.

Most people that fit into those areas are extremely analytical. They require information to be presented in a certain way, and a person with certain 'qualifications', to even approach it. They will very likely be put off by too much 'love and light', as well.

So when taking into consideration all of that, I think he has done an excellent job at presenting and reaching such an audience, but from doing so he isolates his information and it becomes a bit one sided, as there will be a lot of people put off by the way he presents it, and presents himself.

However, he doesn't need to reach others, as there are already other out of body explorers that will resonate with those who don't resonate with Tom, and who have published work out there which is readily available to people to learn from, and which teach how to explore out of body.

In addition to all of that, I also see this:

Everything he says in that book is for a reason. If he repeats something, he did that on purpose, for a reason (basically a teaching technique because of his advanced state of being).

There are concepts hidden within very short lines of text that will require a person to stop and consider what he has said, so they need to pause and take their time. A lot of people who have read My Big TOE have said that they need to re-read it at least three times because of this reason. There is a lot more in there than you may realise if you only read it once.

Because of where I am at with my own spiritual development, it was easy to understand where he was coming from, and what he was teaching, so I didn't feel the need to read the book again. But part of this ease may be related to my former career in I.T./corporate, as I can very much relate to programming and computer systems, which play a big role within Tom's concepts and analogies. Because I have also had many direct experiences from actually achieving various metaphysical... moments, this also helped me understand what he said. I also 'feel' and 'know' that everything he said is honest and very accurate, but from his own direct experiences and interpretations, so there are some things I would explain a bit differently, but then he is more advanced than me down here on Earth, so I'm not in a position to question what he says (best for me to confirm it through further direct experience).

I can't express enough how valuable this book is, so if you don't resonate the first time, come back to it in a few years and you could view it in a completely different 'light'. But that doesn't mean this book is the only option, as there are other teachers out there in this field, like mentioned before. Tom is a 'master'; he hides in plain sight. I sense his abilities are vast now, because of his out of body exploration and spiritual development that came from that, so he is capable of a great deal, but only reveals so much — which a good teacher will do as they have moved beyond ego and the need to 'prove' anything.

Last edited:

Henda

Mystic Healer and Astral Explorer Author
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
I can see that there is an issue around his writing style, which I can very much understand people getting stuck on as I was very aware of this when going through the book. I come from a background — which I am about to explain more about — where I have moved beyond that analytical way of thinking, and expanded my consciousness more into... spiritual and metaphysical areas (meaning I have opened up more from direct experience, but also leaving the corporate world behind helped a great deal as I was no longer 'living' it on a regular basis).

Because of his position in life — his career and education, what he has learnt out of body, how he has developed his state of being — his audience is specifically targeted; he is looking to reach professionals, those of higher education, those in the corporate world who require scientific proof and 'evidence' to allow themselves to expand their awareness, remove a few psychological / energetic blocks and actually open up to the concepts he teaches and touches on.

Most people that fit into those areas are extremely analytical. They require information to be presented in a certain way, and a person with certain 'qualifications', to even approach it. They will very likely be put off by too much 'love and light', as well.

So when taking into consideration all of that, I think he has done an excellent job at presenting and reaching such an audience, but from doing so he isolates his information and it becomes a bit one sided, as there will be a lot of people put off by the way he presents it, and presents himself.

However, he doesn't need to reach others, as there are already other out of body explorers that will resonate with those who don't resonate with Tom, and who have published work out there which is readily available to people to learn from, and which teach how to explore out of body.

Everything he says in that book is for a reason. If he repeats something, he did that on purpose, for a reason (basically a teaching technique because of his advanced state of being).

There are concepts hidden within very short lines of text that will require a person to stop and consider when he has said, so they need to pause and take their time. A lot of people who have read My Big TOE have said that they need to re-read it at least three times because of this reason. There is a lot more in there than you may realise if you only read it once.

Because of where I am at with my own spiritual development, it was easy to understand where he was coming from, and what he was teaching, so I didn't feel the need to read the book again. But part of this ease may be related to my former career in I.T./corporate, as I can very much relate to programming and computer systems, which play a big role within Tom's concepts and analogies. Because I have also had many direct experiences from actually achieving various metaphysical... moments, this also helped me understand what he said. I also 'feel' and 'know' that everything he said is honest and very accurate, but from his own direct experiences and interpretations, so there are some things I would explain a bit differently, but then he is more advanced than me down here on Earth, so I'm not in a position to question what he says (best for me to confirm it through further direct experience).

I can't express enough how valuable this book is, so if you don't resonate the first time, come back to it in a few years and you could view it in a completely different 'light'. But that doesn't mean this book is the only option, as there are other teachers out there in this field, like mentioned before. Tom is a 'master'; he hides in plain sight. I sense his abilities are vast now, because of his out of body exploration and spiritual development that came from that, so he is capable of a great deal, but only reveals so much — which a good teacher will do as they have moved beyond ego and the need to 'prove' anything.

I am willing to go through the 3 Big TOE 's no matter what. For now I have so much to read and I guess it will come at the right timing. I am now very interested in M. Newton's books and need to finish reading the 2 others of his. I find many things in what he discovered with his clients that are matching with information I channelled. So I try to go step by step on this way. Also what Tom Campbell says about consciousness and the understanding of our reality as a holographic world is something I really have been exploring through my own OBE's. I have few new ones to put in an upcoming article may be part 4 of those I posted here. I discovered that distance healing is an amazing way to astral travel. Some incredible experiences happened and i must say that we are all here connected and helping each other in different ways.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA

There are concepts hidden within very short lines of text that will require a person to stop and consider when he has said, so they need to pause and take their time. A lot of people who have read My Big TOE have said that they need to re-read it at least three times because of this reason. There is a lot more in there than you may realise if you only read it once.

I definitely agree with your assessment of these books. I really took my time with these books and allowed the information to sink in after each chapter. It took a while to read all three and it has now been 5 or 6 years since my first reading. Life has changed, I've learned more and the world has changed so I have no doubt that I will learn much more this time around.

I just ordered another book though so I'm going to read that first before I dive into My Big Toe. :)

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Henda

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
I completely agree with him when he says that we are free consciousness and our physical body only the avatar. We are multidimensional beings and when the avatar dies, we go back home and see ourselves as we really are: one with everything.
This video is one of the latest on youtube.

Henda

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
A New video from Tom Campbell : Virtual Reality: How Love Works ?
Enjoy !

"Tom's Trilogy Book — My Big TOE (http://amzn.to/2i6zjXN)
Topics covered in the video include:
1. An explanation of love from an MBT / LCS perspective.
- difference between love vs. need
- understanding unconditional love
- how to optimize or destroy the simulation system
- the destructive potential of grouping together
- how fear relates to love
- fear-based tendencies
- love-based tendencies
- qualities of a love-based life
- qualities of a fear-based life
- being love vs. acting out love
2. The energy signature and frequency of love in a simulation. (25:29)
- what is Ego and its role in love and fear
- how beliefs sabotage new insight
- fear creates Ego and beliefs
- how to identify Ego
- the 5-step process for becoming love
- the antidote to fear
- the role of observation
- the struggles we face as humans: “a struggle of fear and ignorance, against love and understanding.”
3. Is love a building block or by-product of the simulation?
- an explanation of information and entropy
- how to maintain low entropy
- the fundamental nature of love
- how the system allows us to grow into love
- the importance of choices in the process of growing up
- what is the most important thing to do to save the world
4. Does living based on “other” instead of “self” allow people nearest to us to treat us “poorly” and should we still love them for doing so?
- seek low entropy choices for the system as a whole
- abusive relationships = high entropy situations
- being a person of love = more power
- how being a pacifist ties in
- the challenge of practicing discernment
- morality and the importance of intent in making the right choice
- the importance of taking action even if we are not sure if it is the right choice
- applications to romantic partnerships; will males get walked all over if they are loving
5. How to deal with opposing views, especially regarding current politics.
- strategies for handling difficult or negative topics
- letting go of Ego, fear and beliefs
- we need to deal with what is; how we deal with it is what matters"

Last edited:
Reactions: Laron and Stargazer
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Thanks Henda. I didn't realise there were more. I just posted the article but I will edit these in.

Reactions: Henda

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
Here's a vintage recording of Tom during an early explorer session with Robert Monroe from the 70's. It's also available on the Monroe website as a free audio download. I've included another exploration below where he is one among others, but the first one is solely him.

TC reports on his travels and his communications with other entities. Message on the levels of human consciousness

Last edited:

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Nice that they are on YT now. I once discovered them on the TMI website (including Tom's) but then they renovated everything several times there and it seemingly got lost or wasn't published anymore.

Nice also that you hear Monroe in the background asking the questions to Tom.

Reactions: Lorna Wilson

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
The YT ones are great for me when listening around the house. I listen to them repeatedly at different times as there's so much mind stimulus. The audio downloads are great for an mp3 player which is great to listen to for me when driving. lol The information on them is timeless.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz

"In March 2016 Tom had a conversion with British author Graham Nicholls. Graham is the director of the Out of Body and Near Death Experience Society (UK), as well as a member of The Rhine Research Center (US) advisory board. He is a leading practitioner and researcher into out-of-body experiences. During the interview Tom and Graham talked about their own experiences as well as the larger consciousness system, the role of peak experiences, objective versus subjective aspects of reality, common characteristics of non-physical experiences, finding personal meaning in these experiences and many other subjects related to Tom's theory."

7b03e7b7112d9a203c1c443e4b23d5c9_500.jpg efe8613f7211f788f6b75b997414daea.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stargazer and Henda

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Bruce Lipton + Tom Campbell: what a treat!

Answer from source in answer to the question "Why bother with both spirit and body?"
"Bruce, if you're just a spirit, what does chocolate taste like?":ROFL::-D

Edit: that's at 21:00

Reactions: Stargazer and Henda
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Here's a great interview with Tom Campbell. After first beginning to read My Big TOE, I intuitively up that Tom's style of writer was focused on reaching the left brain folk in our world. In this video he confirms that with his first answer to one of Vanessa's questions: "I had the honor of interviewing Tom Campbell, one of the most evolved and loving souls that I've come across in this life time. Tom's work made a profound personal impact on my life. A few of my life choices have taken me down some dark paths but Tom's work has provided me with a light that helps me see a Bigger Picture. I have deep gratitude, respect and love for this compassionate soul and it is my hope that his work may also bring light to your darkness. — Vanessa"

Reactions: Henda and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)