To raise brave girls, encourage adventure | TED Talk (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
"Gutsy girls skateboard, climb trees, clamber around, fall down, scrape their knees, get right back up -- and grow up to be brave women. Learn how to spark a little productive risk-taking and raise confident girls with stories and advice from firefighter, paraglider and all-around adventurer Caroline Paul."

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I can give a big AMEN to this idea. My daughter started horseback riding when she was 10. Believe me, you develop a lot of confidence from being able to work with a 1,500 lb. horse. She was committed all the way through high school, when her friends were hanging out and going shopping. One time after a rigorous training session, she said "This is better than any old boy". (She had been having troubles on the romantic front.) No offense to you guys - she meant it was great to be able to leave the drama behind.

Today she is a smart, accomplished, beautiful, and gutsy woman. :D

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Today she is a smart, accomplished, beautiful, and gutsy woman. :D
And it looks like that apple didn't fall too far from the tree...

:)

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Yes!

I salute every grand/surrogate/parent who is able to make space for children around the current heavy wave of naysayers, helicopter parents, the 'oh my gosh s/he might get hurt/dirty/a skinned knee/upset herself/upset someone else...' -sayers and all the other fearmongers. It is worth every one of those sidelong looks because of being 'that parent'. Yeehaw!

Thanks for sharing the video. Love to see those role models out there who don't mind getting down and dirty<3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)