Thomas Campbell talks About Fear & Ego (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Henda

Mystic Healer and Astral Explorer Author
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
There are always some cultural, social and religious backgrounds that block us from having OOBE. Tom Campbell also stresses about the fact that having OOBE is a personal experience that doesn't need others tools and techniques to be done. We don't have the same experiences and don't have OBE's the same way. We don't need to see our physical body, it happens but not all the time. As consciousness we are more open and free than only physical beings. The physical body is only virtual. Very interesting video where he also talks about the" differences"between OOBE and Lucid dreaming and dreaming... etc It is related to our ways to consider these things. So if you think that there is a difference between them, you put burdens and limitations in yourself. When you stay open your consciousness expands.

GregH3000

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 10, 2016
Texas, USA
tumblr.gregdiablo.com
Pretty cool; I really need to delve into Campbell's material more. I've been struggling with how to change my fear-based limiting beliefs so as to more effectively utilize the Law of Attraction, and my seeming inability to meditate (or my belief that I can't) has really been a stumbling block. Just to throw out an example, a major portion of Dispenza's book Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself, which, up until the third part of the book, the part that requires meditation, seemed to be just what I was looking for. Then I gave up on it after two or three failed attempts with the first exercise.

These suggestions of Campbell's around not having any expectations, and more importantly, the idea that if you are in fear, you will have to "slay the dragon" first (or at least strike up a conversation with it), make a lot of sense. I've been dream journaling a lot of stuff that took place in a locale I was inhabiting about 25 years ago; maybe that's when some of these limiting beliefs grabbed a hold of me. I had been determined to get a college degree so I wouldn't have to do labor oriented jobs any more, and after about five years of effort to save the money and then accomplish the goal, I got fired from my first teaching job after graduation (kind of a political firing more than due to incompetence). Subsequently, I gave up on that career and within seven years, I was worse off than when I had left to go back to college.

Now 25 years later I just started a P/T music teaching job at a daycare/preschool where I have worked solely as a custodian for the last 18 months. My dreams have been getting a bit out there lately; in one, I smashed a guy's face into a table repeatedly, in another, I was stuck on an icy road in a truck not being able to move while the people behind me were getting all aggro on me. I have a feeling I won't be able to "pass the tests" if I can't get out of my mind, so to speak, through meditation.

Reactions: Henda and Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I smashed a guy's face into a table repeatedly
Expressing anger can symbolize frustration and disappointments in self. This is of course showing you that you need to look within. A further hint is the table, which is known to be used in a social gathering, usually family but it doesn't have to be. So the anger could be connected into some close social ties.

I was stuck on an icy road in a truck not being able to move while the people behind me were getting all aggro on me.
Roads can be about your sense of direction and where you are heading, and ice about being careful taking the next step, but in this case it can relate to your goals, sense of direction and basically not seeing any progress, like you explained. Vehicles can represent our own vehicle—the physical body. But a truck can also mean you may be doing too much, and/or you're feeling very weighed down. So not being able to move really seems to tie back into what you explained, and the anger building.

Our dreams are there to help guide us and help us make changes in our lives. They are especially helpful for working on ego (which includes fears).

Like I'm sure you're already aware, you attract what you need to go through, but by developing a clearer sense to the highest aspects of your consciousness, you can build up a stronger intuitive based connection so you begin to just go in the right directions without having to think hard about it. Meditation is just a small part of that process, but an important part.

The courses I'm putting together on consciousness exploration and development covers situations like this and this is a great example of where many of us can find ourselves. I hope to provide a framework and solid foundation for people to then step on to specific learnings, and activities, to help them break through to their higher aspects (which of course are within), but so much more, so that we can not only help ourselves, but many others.

The law of attraction / manifestation works hand-in-hand with what we attract and need, so if what we need overrides what we want, that creates conflict and may confuse us into thinking manifestation doesn't work, when in fact we just need to focus on a series of elements to support the foundation of manifestation, for it to be functional.

Reactions: GregH3000

GregH3000

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 10, 2016
Texas, USA
tumblr.gregdiablo.com
You have a slightly different interpretation of the LoA from Abraham/Hicks. In their version, there is no "what you need" element because that would, if I'm accurately inferring from what I've read four times now, violate your free will; everything that manifests is simply what you put out vibrationally in the strongest and most insistent manner.

The exception to that is if, for example, you put out a desire to learn piano (as I did) and you end up running across pianomarvel.com or other tools to learn piano quickly and easily, then of course, that's obviously helpful. Perhaps I'm misreading you though; it sounds as if you are saying that Source knows what my soul contract is and wants to get me on that path, and if I am desiring something that conflicts with that, then some kind of foul up occurs? Not quite sure about that last paragraph.

As far as the dream stuff, there's a lot of personal info I left out in both examples that might alter your interpretations slightly, but in a general way, I don't think you're too far off the mark, particularly in the sense of not making any progress, or it being so slow (and weighed down with unresolved shit from decades ago) as to be maddening. Thank you for taking the time to comment, Laron; I appreciate it very much.

Reactions: Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
When I saw what you need, I don't mean consciously, I mean you draw to you what you need to go through based on the state of your energy, and that includes patterns you have not yet broken which can be observed in dreams, etc.
everything that manifests is simply what you put out vibrationally in the strongest and most insistent manner.
So that is what I mean, but not in relation to intentional manifestation, but just what occurs naturally.

Then there is manifestation where you are intentionally and purposefully putting it out there.
Perhaps I'm misreading you though; it sounds as if you are saying that Source knows what my soul contract is and wants to get me on that path, and if I am desiring something that conflicts with that, then some kind of foul up occurs? Not quite sure about that last paragraph.
When I say what we need overrides what we want, I don't mean what we intentionally need, but what we attract naturally based on the things we need to go through in life. So for example, we keep running into the same or similar situations in relationships, yet we want to manifest a situation that directly conflicts — the manifestation will never work as we are attracting what we need as per how we are not overcoming the lesson/pattern that we keep ending up in.

What comes to me now is that while we can learn about what we need to change in our lives from looking at the past, and that can be done through intentionally focusing in on memories within a quiet space/meditation, and seeing patterns, seeing when ego elements are popping up, we shouldn't dwell on what could have been, regrets and mistakes, we need to focus in on the now.

Through our dreams we will be shown what we can change, but also through our thoughts. I know I keep thinking about certain things, and this shows me I haven't healed those situations and/or forgiven and properly let go. Such thoughts block my progress for example. The same types of thoughts are likely to pop up in dreams.

There will be a lot of past events and situations, including possibly past life situations, stuck in our energy system and this will not be coming up in thoughts we have, as those thoughts are always about recent events. On occasion we will have something trigger a memory, whether in our long term past or it could be a vision from a past life, and then that can indicate to us we have to heal and work on that. But so much can take place through various healing modalities that heal all these things without us needing to be consciously aware of them. It's just there are some things we need to be made aware of or we can't heal.

Reactions: Henda

GregH3000

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 10, 2016
Texas, USA
tumblr.gregdiablo.com
I wish this healing stuff wasn't so damn hard. I feel like that couple from the arthouse film "Women in the Dunes" (1964) who have to shovel sand out of their home everyday all day just to avoid being buried.

Reactions: Henda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)