This Wind-Powered Device Pulls 11 Gallons Of Drinkable Water From The Air Each Day (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
"WaterSeer™ condenses pure water from the air without power or chemicals. It is green, sustainable, simple, low-maintenance, easily deployed and scalable for any community. VICI-Labs worked with UC Berkeley and the National Peace Corps Association to develop a device that yields up to 37 liters of pure water a day! A WaterSeer™ Orchard will provide enough clean water for an entire community."

http://waterseer.org

waterseer-diagram.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
This looks great Pod! I wouldn't mind one of these if I had a place to put one!
I always think of places like Southern Thailand where the humidity was high but we could go three months without rain!

Reactions: Lila

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I always think of places like Southern Thailand where the humidity was high but we could go three months without rain!
There's meant to be no humidity here, which they call a dry heat. Now I finally understand the joke that Hudson (Bill Paxton) makes in Aliens.

Reactions: Stargazer
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Sorry I do not get it but thanks for trying!

Reactions: Stargazer

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
So many potential applications.
One can wonder for a long time why something like this is not in use all over the place.O_o

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
So many potential applications.
One can wonder for a long time why something like this is not in use all over the place.O_o
That would be too sensible Lila.

Reactions: Lila

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
This looks great Pod! I wouldn't mind one of these if I had a place to put one!
That would work well at my place up north. I use lake water for everything except drinking. (I use beer for that!). Drinking water I either buy or get from a local spring. The air there is humid so I'd get a ton of water out of it. I gotta look into it. :)

Reactions: Lila and Pod
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
That would work well at my place up north. I use lake water for everything except drinking. (I use beer for that!). Drinking water I either buy or get from a local spring. The air there is humid so I'd get a ton of water out of it. I gotta look into it. :)
Just don't give up the beer Pucksterguy!

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
See, a taker already.
Maybe just needs to become better known?
Where are the 'prepper' sites when you need them?:ROFL:

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Sorry I do not get it but thanks for trying!
"In Arizona, Texas and other parts of the west, the temperature often averages over 100 degrees during the summer. “But it’s a dry heat!” is the clichéd response that some natives give, explaining that it’s more tolerable without humidity. “The thermometer frequently registers 120 in the shade, but it’s a dry heat, and one doesn’t notice it at all” was cited in print in 1910 to jokingly describe the heat in Southern California." (Source)
Based on my research, the remark is often said in real life to downplay someone else's complaint about heat. I guess you have to be American and living in the west to get it?

It may also be sarcastic because in that scene it's pretty clearly very humid.

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
“But it’s a dry heat!” is the clichéd response that some natives give, explaining that it’s more tolerable without humidity.
I definitely find heat without humidity to be more tolerable than heat plus humidity. The latter is so much heavier. Makes me feel like a slug.

Reactions: Laron

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
We have dry heat in this sandy terrain, and we are far enough away from the tropics that some of the tropical bugs don't find it to their liking here. (Blood suckers, yuk!)

Reactions: Laron and Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)