This LED light running for 2+ years (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I have an LED light specially designed for a long run time. It's the Tritiled from Ted Yapo. It runs on a button cell with a microprocessor that turns the light on and off so fast, the human eye cannot detect the flashing. It's been running on my table since July 2016. It uses a special cyan LED because the human eye can see cyan better, which means the LED can use less power but the light can still be visible to the human eye.

This device could have usefulness in marking trails at night, or marking other things in dark places.

OP
therium

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I sleep better too I have noticed especially if I use candlelight only for a few hours before bed and a blue blocker on my screen.
You're doing the right thing and what you are doing is supported by science. Having only dim, yellowish lights on 1-2 hours before bedtime helps your brain relax and unwind. Using a bright computer screen in that time can stimulate the nerves in the eyes which go to the limbic system and that keeps you awake.

Scientists have found a 3rd type of receptor in the eyes. They knew that bright light helped Seasonal Affective Disorder but they didn't know how until they found this 3rd type of receptor. These receptors go down a nerve right to the limbic system which is responsible for alertness and (wait for it....) or extreme lack of it called... depression.

I stop all screen use about 1 hour before I go to bed and that helps me fall sleep too. The brightness and blue wavelengths from a computer screen is one reason computer gamers and programmers are able to stay up so late without getting too tired.

That said this 2 year LED light is a nice cyan color and is not very bright so it doesn't bother me. It is not bright enough to read by or even light a path, it could only be used as a dim marker light.

The More You Know! o:)s

Reactions: Alain and Snowmelt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)